Night Shield's Loved & Hated Reviewed In New Murder Dog Mag!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.nightshield.net
The issue has Rick Ross on the cover and just hit stands today. I got 3 1/2 Nutts in a 5 Nutt rating system. When I get a minute I'll scan it in and type up the review. Cool Nutz is in there too, he got 4 Nutts.

If you're sleeping still you can cop "Loved & Hated" right now for just $12 Shipped!!

1. Loved & Hated
2. South Dak
3. The Bitch In You
4. Drunken Madness
5. Do Somethin'
6. What Can I Say
7. Patron
8. The Kingz
9. What This Games Been Missin'
10. Boom
11. Lil Shorty
12. Broken Dreams
13. That Road
14. Rollin'
15. The 605 (Cruelty III)​

Apr 25, 2002
www.nightshield.net
I wouldn't categorize this as "Native American Rap", even though Night Shield is Native. It shouldn't be regarded as music for one ethnic group. This is just high quality rap music with a universal sound. A perfect balance of catchy club tracks and hard street stuff. He's from South Dakota, a state we havent heard too much from. The music on here is phenomenal. The beats were handled by Big Ice, D-Sane, and a couple of other cats and Night Shield. He's got a lot of features on here too. By the photos it looks like they have a big scene going on out there, it's cool. Last year Night Shield had an album called "Savage Display". That was a good album but more street. This CD has a more mainstream sound. But it's not soft, it's serious high quality music. - Bolaji Idowu

Dec 26, 2004
Jus cop the mag, the 2cd time you got a CD reviewd right? Congrats man, neva heard your music but seein anotha Native gettin noticed N da mainlevel is pretty good. Keep it up N stay up man.

Feb 1, 2006
Just checking out your music, it's hella cool -- Forwarded the link to some folks who I think would dig it. Congrats on the good write-up. Keep doin it!

Apr 25, 2002
Congratulations man, that's great that you were able to get in there.

Loved & Hated is a good album.

Anybody that likes SLR (and I know there are a lot of you on here) should have this album b/c the D-Sane sound is so noticeable throughout, it doesn't matter that he's not from the 85 block or anywhere in the Northwest, it's still a talented lyracist over a D-Sane beat, buy this album.