NFL Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
nfl is just like politics
goddell is owned by the owners and when you control the information you can bend it all you want
mark my words football will strike in 2021
baseball and basketball have guaranteed contracts and football doesn't(even though its much more dangerous) and there contracts are much lower then other sports even though nfl makes 3x the amount of those sports

mark my words

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I mean Kaep was bad there at the end and I was definitely one of the people cracking jokes about dude when he started to degrade, but he's way better then so many of the bums who have jobs right now in the league lol he could probably be a starter for a few teams in the league right now also when you consider guys like Tom Savage, Trevor Siemian, Cody Kessler, Matt Barkley, Blake Bortles etc. were starting last year lol
Baltimore Ravens sign arena league quarterback over Colin Kaepernick | NBC Sports

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Broncos, Brock Osweiler agree to terms on 1-year deal - NFL.com

Kinda funny, when I heard the Browns cut him, the first thought in my mind was I could see him contacting Elway and saying that he won the lottery, now he is ready to learn/ develop at the QB position. I'm still skeptical, have been since he was at ASU, but he has enough money to not need to play so seems committed.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
goddell is owned by the owners and when you control the information you can bend it all you want
baseball and basketball have guaranteed contracts and football doesn't(even though its much more dangerous) and there contracts are much lower then other sports even though nfl makes 3x the amount of those sports

mark my words
NFL also has way bigger roster dude 4x the NBA

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
NFL also has way bigger roster dude 4x the NBA
NFL also makes 3x the revenue as the NBA, so the pay could definitely even out more. The average NFL career is only 3 years long, these guys are getting CTE and leaving with nothing in most cases. The NFLPA has already made it known that guaranteed contracts is gonna be a huge issue in 2021 at the bargaining table and to expect a for sure lockout in 2021 if the NFL doesn't want to oblige.

Props: GTS and GTS
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
NFL also makes 3x the revenue as the NBA, so the pay could definitely even out more. The average NFL career is only 3 years long, these guys are getting CTE and leaving with nothing in most cases. The NFLPA has already made it known that guaranteed contracts is gonna be a huge issue in 2021 at the bargaining table and to expect a for sure lockout in 2021 if the NFL doesn't want to oblige.
Some of these guys are getting CTE Pop Warner, High School, and College. You dont see any of those outfits eating any of the blame. Think how many people who never made it to the NFL.......what's their recourse.... All these so called liberals fucced up our society. They not liberals though, because no one is being liberated, they are just whores.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Some of these guys are getting CTE Pop Warner, High School, and College. You dont see any of those outfits eating any of the blame. Think how many people who never made it to the NFL.......what's their recourse.... All these so called liberals fucced up our society. They not liberals though, because no one is being liberated, they are just whores.
Where did I say the NFL should take the blame for CTE? I said the players should get a fair share of the revenue and guaranteed money because they come in and fuck their head up.

Nowhere did I say shit about the NFL taking blame lol

Nov 24, 2003

mark my words

It's really not that big of a discrepancy when you do the math.

NFL Players take 48.5% of total league revenue
NBA Players take 51% of total league revenue
MLB Players take 44% of total league revenue

So yeah of course football contracts are going to be lower by player.

NFL Players = 1,696 + 320 practice squad
NBA Players = 449
MLB Players = 1,280 (including all guys on the 40 man)

Where do you think more money for NFL players is going to come from? You think the players are going to ask for like a 75% revenue cut? Lets be extremely optimistic and say the players ask for 55%.

Currently 13Billion x 48.5% = 6.3 Billion for the players
Best case scenario 13billion x 55% = 7.15 billion for the players

Not including practice squad that amounts to $845,000,000 total and about $500k more per player.

Most of that new money would go to big money guys, so the players in the NFL that are getting screwed comparatively would be making like 50K more a year. I wouldn't call that solving the discrepancy between contracts.