new tool

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Cranky said:
Who's going at midnight on Monday to get this?
I'm going Monday night for sure. I've heard 4 songs (Vicarious, Rosetta Stoned, The Pot, Right In Two) and they have all been really dope IMO. Like Psilo said I think some people were expecting Lateralus II or something along those lines.

What people are saying means nothing to me though because alot of people were saying the same shit when Lateralus droped and we all know how sick Lateralus is. Plus remember this is just a "decoy" lol just kidding. I am so fucking amped for this album.

I'm still going to try to see them Tuesday at The Paramount too. My homie and I are just going to go down there with a couple bills and hope to luck out.

Tommorow night! Oh boy!

Nuttkace

Apr 25, 2002
I went to shitty Walmart to see if they really put it out, and no luck. I'm just going to go to Hasting's at midnight tomorrow night I guess.

Apr 25, 2002
Psilo707 said:
OH SHIT I JUST CALLED MY SHITTY ASS MUSIC STORE 2 BLOCKS AWAY AND THEY HAVE IT IN SOMEHOW

SEE YOU GUYS LATER! haha
You bastage.....I hope your copy skips!!!! LMAO.....just kidding.....

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
SHIT
I.. dont know what to say...?
I thought id be able to form an opinion instantly, unlike everyone else, especially on the tool boards.. bitching back and forth.

But now i understand why thats happening to people.. i dont even know what to think.. its GOOD of course.. but its.. too intricate to even try and think about after 1 listen. I almost dont even remember how the individual songs sounded because the whole album flows together smoothly. Not as naturally fit together as Lateralus, maybe because its more mellow than any of the previous cd's. Which I usually wish wasnt the deal, but this time it might be improved, i might know after i listen to it about 100 times more or so.

i have no opinion or review of any sort yet besides that.. lol

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Haha no no, I like it.. I think ill like it a LOT. Its just that after 1 listen I have so much to think about within it that i need to relisten to it way more before I know what I really think. It takes me at least a few days to get into any new cd no matter who it is. And since this one is on a deeper level than any other rock cd ive heard recently, its gonna be a few

Wings for Marie pt 2, i just listened to it for the 3rd time and that shit hit me really hard.. its a long ass epic song, and after reading the lyrics along with it, I think its going to be a 100% classic rock song as time goes on. Its crazy

The whole album is "tense". Thats how i can describe it.. its pretty mellow at a lot of parts, but even at those parts, the music is building up to something and "pulling" at you like something more is about to happen (which sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesnt right away)

Apr 25, 2002
Right on Psilo.....check your PM....

Did you buy more than one copy? I was thinking about buying two.....

EDIT: 2 hours left!

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
oh yeah i forgot to mention the packaging... holy shit.. they went so far with this. I knew it was going to be crazy from the pics on the internet, but the thing is like a full 3d booklet, each page morphs into a multi-layered 3d image or painting when you view them through the plastic "glasses" that are attached to the opposide side of the case.
its insane

Apr 25, 2002
Nuttkase said:
Wow...not what I wanted to hear Cranky. I'm on Wings For Marie right now.
I know man......Right In Two delivered big time.....So far that is a highlight.....It's (the album) just so much different than I expected, and I wish I hadn't had any expectations going into it but that's impossible.......