new show marijuana wars

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
There is a dude on Survivor, right now ( actually got sent to 'redemption island' last night ) who owns a dispensary but isnt telling anyone thats what he does.

I saw him lose his cool last night & my lady & I were discussing the fact that dude is probably going through pot withdraws right now lol

Feb 2, 2006
aint this the same dispensary that the feds threatened to close...i think it was over like $2 million in back taxes...the feds can afford to just write the debt off

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
anyone know the name of said dispensary?

that might be some info patients need to know to protect themselves down the line

they closed down half of the stores in SD, its bad...and im thinking more is to come and eventually wont be shit left....unless it ends up like the bay and 4-5 are left in the city, and those are the ones cooperating w feds

two in SD have been cooperating w the feds wants and needs for years now, i think there was a bunch of undercovers that pretty much popped people for not following zoining laws, smoking in store etc

i wish there was a way you could have your history destroyed if you were part of a dispensary or not, or i hope all that shit is erased off computers when this is said and done

sidebar why did nino brown have all those computers in the carter, it was like 1989, what the fuck? maybe everyone had to play the lemonade stand game that worked there...nino brown had like 50 apple IIe's for no reason just cuz they looked cool

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
from what i read harborside in oakland fucking off on taxes or some shit is giving the feds the green light.

dont people learn from history? al capone got away with murder, but not taxes..

green with greed i guess is the downfall of man...RIPurple

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
is this the same thing?

Discovery Breaks New Ground With
"WEED WARS"
Featuring Harborside Health Center.
Premiering December 1st at 10pm E/P!!

For the first time on television, a weekly series takes an up close and personal look at the controversial business of medicinal cannabis as WEED WARS premieres in a simulcast on Thursday, December 1 at 10PM E/P on Discovery Channel and Discovery Fit & Health.

WEED WARS follows Oakland's Harborside Health Center, the nation's largest medicinal cannabis dispensary serving over 94,000 patients. The man behind Harborside is founder and executive director Steve DeAngelo whose mission is to provide the best possible product to his diverse client base of patients while using his business to educate the rest of the country about the full regulation and taxation of medicinal cannabis.

"WEED WARS fearlessly documents the hot button issue of medicinal cannabis. During filming at Harborside, the series captures the real life drama and high stakes of the business as government scrutiny and audits threaten to shut down operations -- you cannot get anymore 'real' than that," said Nancy Daniels, executive vice president of production and development for Discovery Channel.

At first blush, WEED WARS is a familiar story: a start-up business with demanding clients and the ever-looming possibility that it could all go belly up...But this is not exactly a typical business. When California voters passed the Compassionate Use Act in 1996, medicinal cannabis was legalized within the state igniting a national firestorm and providing an opening to a whole new kind of entrepreneur.

In addition to DeAngelo and his staff, WEED WARS follows the journey of the plant itself from seed germination to harvesting. Meet the growers and "patient farmers" whose job it is to provide the "medicine" -- the buds -- that will be eventually purchased and used by thousands of clients, many of whom feel their lives have been forever changed by the plant.

WEED WARS opens with Harborside facing a steep tax bill from the City of Oakland. Steve's brother Andrew, Harborside's General Manager, is dispatched to meet with the city council. Back at the clinic, Terryn, who works the front counter, must contend with his mother who is less than thrilled by her son's choice of employment. And in a sign of the times, viewers are introduced to mortgage banker turned patient farmer Jon, who left the world of sub primes for the greener pastures of holistic medicine.

WEED WARS Premieres Thursday, December 1 at 10PM E/P

lol at saying previous statement and WAM...wtf

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
sidebar why did nino brown have all those computers in the carter, it was like 1989, what the fuck? maybe everyone had to play the lemonade stand game that worked there...nino brown had like 50 apple IIe's for no reason just cuz they looked cool
HE WAS PROBABLY TRYING TO HAVE A BIG CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN GAME WITH ALL HIS BOYS...

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
did anyone else peep the show last night? i guess its just gunna be harborside from the previews? raids are bound to happen cuz of this show
I saw it - I agree bout the raids , just stumbled across a club really close (no more going to sacramento) its a great one too . They are just waiting to get shut down . They know its coming & kinda sad just watching the owner sit & wait . Its weird up here though they are doing these raids on the shitty clubs & 1 or 2 good ones mixed in . But the top 5 winners of Best Sac. Clubs are not worried @ all & are being left alone ... ????? Weird .

Great Show though - I want to work there .... Did u all know they have unionized too . ? LOLOL

Yes the guy selling u your meds & edibles gets benifits / Med/Dental/

Gotta love that .