New Quinn – Can’t Take The Ghetto Out

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2011
Its just sad to know that at one point Quinn and the Bay had such great music. There is nothing out there right now that really makes you feel proud to slap some shit that people dont know of because they have been brainwashed by the sorry as radio....
Not true my dude. Joe Blow's "You Should Be Paying Me" is pure Bay street shit reminiscent of the Mobb era but totally relevant to today check it out if you haven't already. I basically feel like The Jacka and his label The Artist Records have the capacity to take the Bay further than it has been in a long while especially if they can release product in a timely fashion.

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I have only heard A few Joe tracks and do like what I have heard but havent heard any full albums from him. The Jacka to me is hit n miss. To clarify my statement, there is a majority of artist out that are just not cutting it. The selected few that are still putting in a good effort are in the minority.

Nov 20, 2007
How was that Quinn and loyal-t album? In the recent CDs: god, the one wit tufluv, the one wit loyal-t, can't take the ghetto, and boy to a man, what would be your order from better to worst?

Dec 14, 2011
Quinn's all time best albums are from the past...Live n Direct and Hustle continues. He changed his flow and his beat selection is backpack hip hop.....horrible.
Stopped reading here.

You sir, don't know what the hell a "backpack hip hop" beat is if you think the beat selection on his newer albums are "backpack hip hop" sounding. If anything his recent beat selection is geared more towards the keyboard, 808 heavy mainstream beats that rappers like Jeezy, and TI rap over. I'm actually quite befuddled as to how you can even say his beats are backpack in any way, the vast majority of the songs on "Can't Take The Ghetto Out..." Are nothing like what "backpack hip hop" typically sounds like. And I Give You My Word is one of the most underrated and best hip hop albums of the past decade, sir.

I will leave you with this quote, sir.

"niggas want my old shit, buy my old album,
niggas stuck on stupid, I gotta keep it movin"-Jay-Z

Chuco

Sicc OG
May 2, 2009
yeah its been out for a while, i had it in rotation for a while after it came out, its an okay cd. slappable.

"the whole get down" is my shit

Feb 10, 2005
Stopped reading here.

You sir, don't know what the hell a "backpack hip hop" beat is if you think the beat selection on his newer albums are "backpack hip hop" sounding. If anything his recent beat selection is geared more towards the keyboard, 808 heavy mainstream beats that rappers like Jeezy, and TI rap over. I'm actually quite befuddled as to how you can even say his beats are backpack in any way, the vast majority of the songs on "Can't Take The Ghetto Out..." Are nothing like what "backpack hip hop" typically sounds like. And I Give You My Word is one of the most underrated and best hip hop albums of the past decade, sir.

I will leave you with this quote, sir.

"niggas want my old shit, buy my old album,
niggas stuck on stupid, I gotta keep it movin"-Jay-Z
If you re-read my post again i hope you would conclude that my hip hop back pack reference are to the albums i have listed(Mighty Quinn, i give you my word and Rock). By actually reading, you would also come to know that i have not bought a Quinn album since Rock. Though I did end up buying Boy to a Man(didnt like it) but you wouldnt know that cuz i didnt mention it.

Mighty Quinn is backpack
"I give you my word is one of the most underrated and best hip hop albums of the past decade" ? WOW! you SIR are most certainly entitled to your opinion. I dont think many would agree but hey its a free country!
Rock was a mixture of backpack and heavy beats

You should be "befuddled" with regards to the album Cant take the Ghetto out because i never referenced it.

I'll leave you with one word, better yet "I give you my word"(hahaha):
"Fail"

Feb 8, 2003
quinn verse on that video was the only thing going for it IMO...berner and relly just dont do it for me...

and why is everyone and they mama now shootin videos in chinatown?

imo berner isnt a good rapper at all. his lyrics and delivary arent good or unique but more power to him if he can make a living off it bc Its all opinions.

Dec 14, 2011
If you re-read my post again i hope you would conclude that my hip hop back pack reference are to the albums i have listed(Mighty Quinn, i give you my word and Rock).
Umm No, sir. I understood exactly what you meant. I'll even re-post your comment, sir.

Quinn's all time best albums are from the past...Live n Direct and Hustle continues. He changed his flow and his beat selection is backpack hip hop.....horrible.
Sir, what you are essentially saying here is that he "switched up" and went with a more hip hop b-boy/backpacker styled music which couldn't be any farther from the truth. It's also pretty clear, sir.. that you don't know what "backpack hip hop" is. The beats and his subject matter sound nothing like typical backpack hip hop. I for one, sir would like to know where you are coming up with these conclusions.

BTW Quinn never "switched" his flow,sir . His voice just isn't as deep as it sounded prior to The Mighty Quinn album.

Mighty Quinn is backpack
lLOL@songs like Fifteen Chickens, Bound To Ball, and I Love This Game being "backpack"..

You sir, don't seem to "get" that the sound Quinn tends to go for on each of his albums is the sound that is popular in rap music.

Let me explain further, sir. The Mighty Quinn is a reflection of the sound of hip hop (back in 2001) that was popular at the time. The beats and subject matter for the most part reflect that. The same can be said of I Give You My Word which came out when soul samples and producers like Kanye, Just Blaze, and Bink were the go to guys for production. It's a mixture of "mob" type beats and soul production. The same goes for The Rock, sir. Except it has more of a hyphy/southern sound but with a few soul sampled tracks in it, because at the time the hyphy movement was at an all time high. Live N Direct and Hustle Continues... have more of a g-funk/mob sound to them because THAT's what was popular in the mid 90's. That sound is "dated" and he's moved on from it.. get it, sir?

WOW! you SIR are most certainly entitled to your opinion. I dont think many would agree but hey its a free country!
My opinion is gold, sir. And my opinon is that I Give You My Word is a classic album. Anyone saying otherwise is an amatuer that hasn't been listening to rap music let alone bay area hip hop for too long.

Rock was a mixture of backpack and heavy beats
Ahhh I get it now, sir. You're one of those people that think because a song has a Jazz or old school R&B/Soul sample that it's "backpack" or "eastcoast"...

You should be "befuddled" with regards to the album Cant take the Ghetto out because i never referenced it.
Sir, you weren't exactly clear that you WERENT talking about it. You pretty much implied that he "switched his flow and picked backpack hip hop beats" after The Hustle Continues... So I Could only assume that you were referring to all of his previous albums up until The Hustle Cointues, sir.

Feb 10, 2005
Hahaha

Mighty Quinn is backpack as fuck...i can scream it louder to make it seem like im more right but you wouldnt hear it. Mighty Quinn was a hiro album, nothing wrong with that but it obviously didnt work.

I forget the magazine but Quinn himself has admitted to changing his flow in order to appeal to a wider audience, he referenced other rappers and using less syllables. Years back, this interview was posted here and i pointed it out then. Advance search didnt show up any results.....oh well

I dont have to convince you...just look where Quinn is at in the rap game, ask jim jones....hahaha. Im a big quinn fan but i aint a zombie quinn fan.

continue your support as you were....sir.

I havent heard any of his latest albums but i still have confidence none will stack up against the Hustle Continues lyrical flow...if it does, it wont be by much

Dec 14, 2011
Hahaha

Mighty Quinn is backpack as fuck...i can scream it louder to make it seem like im more right but you wouldnt hear it. Mighty Quinn was a hiro album, nothing wrong with that but it obviously didnt work.
No sir, there is nothing "backpack" about that album. Scream louder? Sir, how about backing your points up with actual facts? That is all you need to do.

I forget the magazine but Quinn himself has admitted to changing his flow in order to appeal to a wider audience, he referenced other rappers and using less syllables. Years back, this interview was posted here and i pointed it out then. Advance search didnt show up any results.....oh well
Sir, I'm not familiar with this magazine called "I Forgot", but whatever, I don't hear a difference in his flow as much as I hear a difference in the pitch of his voice from his GLP and Live N Direct days.

Seems to me like you have a preference for his earlier material over his later stuff. Doesn't mean he went "backpack" tho..

I dont have to convince you...just look where Quinn is at in the rap game, ask jim jones....hahaha. Im a big quinn fan but i aint a zombie quinn fan.
What's This about Jim Jones, sir? I have no idea what you mean by that, explain please.

I'm no "quinn zombie", sir. I actually agree that his newer albums arn't up to par with his first 3 albums and "I Give You My Word". "Mighty Quinn" isn't really a good album either for the same reasons The Rock, Boy 2 A Man, etc arn't good.. It's a forced attempt by a great artist to sound more mainstream. Which is why "I Give You My Word" is such a great album because it's a perfectly balanced effort with mob music cuts, club songs and storytelling. The opening song is one of the best I've ever heard on album, he's paying homage and breaking down the history of bay area hip hop.

I havent heard any of his latest albums but i still have confidence none will stack up against the Hustle Continues lyrical flow...if it does, it wont be by much
I disagree, sir. I believe I Give You My Word/The Rock era San Quinn is a better overall MC (sharper rhymes, better song structure/story telling, etc.). However, sir... I will agree that The Rock and most of the albums he's dropped after have been the types of albums that have songs that are hit or miss. Like Scarface and Slick Rick.. Quinn is at his best IMO when he is storytelling. He fails most of the time when he tries to do club/radio songs because they sound forced.

Feb 18, 2006
If u compare new Quinn to his old shit, it will never be as good.You got to listen to it with a differnt mind.Every buddy got to change it up. If u been listen to e 40 as long as I have since the click. In some of his new shit he's repeating lyrics with a new beat or new slang