New Product Digi 002 RACK Version

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
roland is no better than digidesign. in fact roland has rehashed more products than any company. take a look at the vs series. over ten different versions exist.....LMAO. a year or two after the 880ex they dropped the 890. the only thing about the 890 was it was 24 bit and had better cd burning capabilities.....ROFL talk about rip off.

im going to get a pro tools rig. im not trippin off the big unit unless im running it through a trident,ssl or neve. so until i get one of those (which will be in like 2099) i will set my eyes on the digi 001. its all i NEED right now. 24 tracks (32 tracks with upgrade) and pro tools capabilities. however i have over 32 tracks with cubase sx. 4 band eq and a gang load of bussess....

speaking of track count lets talk about that master fader youngmoe. if you take a look at every music program on the market today 98% of them will have a master fader. if you take a look at all the hardware mixers 99.9% of them will have a master fader. pro tools 5.1 or 6 should have a dedicated 4 (i prefer 8) buss routing scheme along with a master fader. this should be STOCK and shouldnt take away from track count. you shouldnt have to make it either. now if you're creating a master fader to buss into another master fader (or buss) thats tight. but to LACK one from the jump.....thats faulty.....

personally im not trippin on a REAL mixer. i can mix on the computer. its not a problem with me and at times i actually prefer it. especially when the mixer LACKS automation and recall....but...2 each his own.

now in regards to the new pro tools unit. if its a better unit than the digi 001 im gonna wait. by better i mean something WORTH the extra 500-1000 thats gonna be shelled out.

improved midi for starters. dealing with pro tools le on the mac (version 5.1.1) sucks when you want to use midi clock or send mmc.....

thats just my rant.

:H: excuse all typos

Apr 25, 2002
the midi has been upped on the new digi products...but, it's still not the best...but GOOD

and the 002 mixxer has automation and recall!!!...and to each his own ya know...i like it for bringing in the booth with me while i'm recording myself, and i cant' lie IT LOOKS NIFTY lol

if you get a 001, and you're going to mix to tape,( i know your a quality freak heresey) you're gonna need somethin like a Lucid 9624 AD( HUGE FRICKIN DIFFERENCE TWEEN THAT AND THE 001 CONVERTERS) and a Benchmark DAC1 for bouncing to Tape(again huge difference..and the benchmark is supposedly one of the coolest pieces of gear EVER made)
those two together are gonna run you around 1500...so you'll end up spending around 2000 dollars with the 001...you don't NEED to do this, but knowing you, if you try those two converters out, you WONT go back to the 001 conveters
now with the 002, the converters are as good as any of the PRO TOOLS HD systems...

May 13, 2002
one thing about the oo2 is that you cant use bootleg plugins so you gotta spend $5-10 thousand dollars to match the plugin power of a 001 also you gotta run system 10 which is somthing i only use for video work

you can use any mixer that sends and rec midi messages like a yamaha o1v or a tascam dm24 mixer

the 002r is a dope pieace of gear im goona get one for my video suite but im gonna keeep my 001 in my music studio till i go tdm