New Product Digi 002 RACK Version

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
NOW I HAVE SOME INTEREST..... LOL.... I JUST DONT SEE A REASON FOR ME TO GET RID OF MY DIGI 001 TO GET THE 002... EXCEPT FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS OR WHATEVER.... PLUS I KNOW DAM WELL I'LL HAVE NOTHIN BUT PROBLEMS CONVERTING OVER...

I RATHER JUST SAVE MY BREAD UP TO HOPEFULLY AFFORD THAT TDM SYSTEM SOME DAY...

Apr 25, 2002
see, now i woulda bought the Rack version if it had no preamps...
and unless it's only a 1200 bucks, it ain't worth buying for me(if you already have a good control surface, it's great for ya)...
cus you're goin to have to spend a G to get an automated control surface that matches the 002's control surface...they fucked up by putting preamps on it...
damn, i was really looking forward to somethin simple

Apr 25, 2002
TACT OUT MUZIC said:
NOW I HAVE SOME INTEREST..... LOL.... I JUST DONT SEE A REASON FOR ME TO GET RID OF MY DIGI 001 TO GET THE 002... EXCEPT FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS OR WHATEVER.... PLUS I KNOW DAM WELL I'LL HAVE NOTHIN BUT PROBLEMS CONVERTING OVER...

I RATHER JUST SAVE MY BREAD UP TO HOPEFULLY AFFORD THAT TDM SYSTEM SOME DAY...
and Tact 002 is a lot more then braggin rites...and for those who don't already have a Digital Automated Control Surface and don't have pro tools, theres nothing better to get then a 002

oh yeah, the 001 has been discontinued, no more updates...

Apr 25, 2002
yup... DO NOT BUY A 001 UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE STUCK WITH THE SAME VERSION FOREVER WITH NO UPGRADES i think it's shady as fuck, Digidesign is a fucked up company, but they make great products...

so, wait and see what kinda mixxer compatibilites the 002R will have...

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
YOUNGMOE said:
they fucked up by putting preamps on it...
How so????? Its the same product as the 002 just without the control surface, that is all. For people on a budget now they can have the 002 and it's improvements over the 001 at a fraction of the price that the 002 cost. Later if they save they can buy one of the many control surface's out there.

For people like you who already have the 002 I dont see why this matter's.

Apr 25, 2002
well, if they didn't have preamps on it, i'd buy that thing...cus well then it woulda been only around 800 bucks i think and i woulda bought one so i could have 2 pro tools studios lol

i'm just being greedy...
i use my 002 preamps and my vintech preamps and my aphex preamps...so if i was to buy another 002R i wouldn't want more 002 preamps...you understand what i'm sayin?
but, who knows, i still might buy a used one or somethin in the near future

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
yup... DO NOT BUY A 001 UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE STUCK WITH THE SAME VERSION FOREVER WITH NO UPGRADES i think it's shady as fuck, Digidesign is a fucked up company, but they make great products...
?!?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE SAME VERSION AND NO UPGRADES? ARE YOU TALKING SOFTWARE WISE?????? MY BOY HAS VERSION 6 FOR THE MAC. VERSION 6 IS SUPPOSED TO BE RELEASED IN JULY FOR PC. IF THIS NEW BOX IS A REVAMPED DIGI001 iM GONNA WAIT.

THOSE 001'S ARE GOING TO BE SOLD BIG TIME WHEN THAT NEW UNIT HITS THE MARKET LOL!!! THE PRICE SHOULD DROP FROM $749 TO $599. THATS ABOUT AS LOW AS I THINK THEY ARE GOING TO GO 4. ITS GOING TO BE LIKE THE DIGI TOOL BOX. HOW MANY OF YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT????? ITS AN 18 BIT CARD WITH MULTIPLE ANALOG I/0, SPDIF I/O AND IT CAME WITH PRO TOOLS LE. THEY DISCONTINUED IT AND CAME WITH THE M-BOX.

I FEEL SORRY FOR MY BOY. HE COULD HAVE PURCHASED A UNIT FOR A PLAYERS PRICE! ROFL!

:h: THE CAP KING

PS CREATING A MASTER FADER IS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN A MUSIC PROGRAM.

Apr 25, 2002
why's that heresey, about the master fader...

and they're discontiniung support for the 001...so while the rest of the products can get upgrades, the 001 will forever be stuck at 6.0/6.1

oh and it's not an upgrade from the 001 as much as it's a stripped down version of the 002(well the only thing it's lackin is the mixxing board, which i believe is worth a G)

so the 002R is a great price, great piece, whoever gets it will be a very happy engineer

Apr 25, 2002
these are the only compatibale interfaces tho(mixxing boards) which is not very cool in my opinion...but still if you don't need a mixxing board, THE 002R is the dopest new piece in the industry

CM Labs MotorMix™ ($1,000...i know nothin about it)
JL Cooper CS-10™ MIDI series (midi series??????)
Mackie Designs HUI™ (2.5 G's)

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I REALLY DONT SEE THE BIG DEAL BOUT THE 002 AND THE FACT THE 001 IS GONNA BE DISCONTINUED???

I MEAN FOR 1 I BEEN USING JUST WITH VERSION 5.1 FOR LIKE 2 YEARS, AND HAD NO REASON OR CARE TO UPGRADE VERSIONS... THE ONLY REASON I RECENTLY UPGRADED WAS TO GET THAT 32 TRAX... BUT NOW THAT I DID THAT IM COO.... FUCCA UPGRADE, THERE AINT NOTHIN THEY CAN ADD THAT IS GONNA MAKE MY RECORDING ANY BETTER, IM HAPPY THE WAY IT IS..... MY MOTTO, DONT FIX WHAT AINT BROKE....

SO TO ME RIGHT NOW WOULD BE TH E BEST TIME TO GET YOU A 001, THEY PROLLY GONNA BE REAL CHEAP, AND COME ALREADY UPGRADED, AND AS FAR AS SUPPORT, I BELIEVE YOU GET 1 YEAR OF SUPPORT FOR FREE... AFTER THAT YEAR IF YOU NEED HELP, THEN YOU DIDNT LEARN ENOUGH ABOUT WHAT YOU USING, SHIT HALF T HE ANSWERS TO ALL T HE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE ARE RIGHT IN THE MANUAL.....

AND WHATS THE BIG DEAL BOUT THIS MIXXER??? THE PRO TOOLS SOFTWARE GOTTA MIXXER BUILT IN ALREADY??? SO WHATS THE BIG DEAL???

LIKE I SAID BEFORE IMA STAY WITH MY 001 WHICH DOES EVERYTHING ANYONE REALLY COULD NEED TO DO (ESPECIALLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOIN) AND SAVE UP FOR THAT TDM SYSTEM....

Apr 25, 2002
first off, i didn't say anything about a BIG DEAL about the mixxer

what's up with all this 001-002 hostility? stop actin like a square for a second!!!

i like the mixxer...so do millions of other people who like using a mixxer...it means, i can take the mixxer into the vocal booth, record myself easily, it means i can use that mixxer AS A STANDALONE MIXXER at shows, if i'm recording to tape, WHATEVER...why you think most people have mixxers in their studios? CUS THEY LIKE THEM

oh and about the discontinuing of Pro Tools, well when they make it 48 tracks, allow PC's to have all the dope Plug-Ins and such, the 001 users will be stuck behind

but hey, if you're happy with what they ahve now, then go for a 001, wait a month or two and they'll be real cheap

i'm jus sayin(i don't own a 001) 90% of the 001 users posting at the Digidesign board, are talkin about selling theirs and gettin a 002R(there must be a reason...)

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
NOBODY'S ACTIN LIKE ANYTHING, IM JUST WONDERIN WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS BOUT THE 002, I HAVE YET TO SEE ANYONE GIVE ME "REAL GOOD" REASONS WHY THE 002 IS BETTER THEN THE 001???OR WORTH THE EXTRA 2000 DOLLARS OR WHATEVER.... PEOPLE JUST SAYING SOMETHING IS BETTER CUZZ THATS WHAT THEY USE... OR CUZ ITS TH E NEWEST THING..... BUT NO REAL REASON WHAT MAKES ONE BETTER THEN THE OTHER OR WORTH PAYING SO MUCH MORE FOR.... IT WAS SAID CONVERSION IS BETTER IN THE 002, HOWEVER THERE AINT ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE CONVERSION IN THE 001 IMO....AND THE PRE AMPS ARE BETTER, HOWEVER YOU SHOULD BUY YOUR OWN SEPERATE PRE AMP ANYWAYS, LIKE A JOE MEEK, OR A AVALON. AND THE 002 COMES WITTA MIXXER, BUT THE 002 IS ALSO LIKE 3 TIMES THE PRICE OF THE 001... (AND YOU DONT REALLY "NEED" A MIXXER, SOME PEOPLE JUST PREFER ONE) IM JUST TRYIN TO NOT LET PEOPLE GET FOOLED INTO BUYING A 002 CUZZ ITS JUST SOOOO MUCH BETTER.... AND THE 001 IS JUST SO OLD AND BAD... LOL... GIMMIE A BREAK.... ALL THEY DID WAS MAKE A NEW PRODUCT CUZZ THERE SALES ON THE 001 ARE DOWN, AND THEY HAVE MORE COMPETITION IN THE MARKET NOW... SO WHAT DO YOU DO TO STIR UP NOISE... AND CREATE A "NEW" PRODUCT WHICH IS JUST LIKE THE OLD, BUT MAKE IT LOOK A LIL MORE FLASHY, AND UPGRADE A FEW THINGS A BOUT IT... I NOW HAVE HAD THE CHANCE TO USE A 002 SYSTEM, AND IM SAYING FROM EXPERIENCE, ITS A WASTE OF MONEY TO GET THE 002 AT LEAST RIGHT NOW.... THAT IS IF YOUR LOW ON MONEY OR ALREADY HAVE A 001...

THE 001 WILL BE MUCH CHEAPER ESPECIALLY ON EBAY, AND IT DOES A GREAT JOB, MILLIONS OF GREAT STUDIOS HAVE ONE.... ALL IM SAYIN IS I THINK DIGIDESIGN IS JUST SUCKERING PEOPLE INTO GETTING THAT 002 WHICH IS WHY THEY SAID THEY WONT BE DOING UPGRADES FOR THE 001 ANYMORE... BUT ANYONE THAT KNOWS ANYTHING, KNOWS THAT 32 TRAX IF USED RIGHT IS PLENTY ENOUGH TRAX, AND VERSION 6.0 AINT EVEN REALLY ALL THAT SPECIAL... THE 32 TRACK UPGRADE IS ALL YOU NEED

ALL IM DOIN IS POINTIN THE SHIT OUT MOE... IF YOU HAPPY WITH YA 002, THATS GREAT... IT IS A GREAT PIECE OF GEAR... BUT IM TRYING TO LET PEOPLE KNOW THEY AINT GOTTA SPEND ALL THAT LOOT CUZZ ITS THE "NEWEST" THING... A 001 WILL DO ALL THEY EVER NEED... I THOUGHT YOU NEW ME BY NOW, I JUST PUT THE INFO OUT, PEOPLE CAN TAKE IT HOW THEY WANT.... NEVER BEING A SQUARE, JUST HONEST...

IF YOU THINK FOR A SECOND, IF YOU BOUGHT A 001, AND SAY YOU SPENT 800, PLUS SOME PLUG INS AND UPGRADES, AND SHIT, LETS JUST SAY YOU SPPENT 1500 FOR THAT... THEN YOU GET THAT 002 NOW, CUZ ITS THE NEWEST BEST THING, AND YOU GET IT ALL, AND SOME MORE PLUGINS OVER THE YEARS, PROLLY SPEND ANOTHER 3500, THAT MEANS YOU JUST SPENT 5GZ..... WHEN FOR 5 MORE GZ, YOU COULDA HAD THAT TDM SYSTEM.... THATS THE SYSTEM PEOPLE SHOULD SAVE THERE BREAD FOR..... BUT IF YOU BROKE, THE 001 IS PERFECT, ESPECIALLY NOW.... IT ACTUALLY SUCKS FOR ALL US DIGI USERS, CUZ NOW MORE THEN EVER EVERYONE IS GOING TO BE BUYING A 001 OR 002, AND THINK THATS ALL THEY NEED, AND THINK THEY HAVE A PROFESSIONAL STUDIO... YOU STILL NEED TO LEARN IT, AND STILL NEED SKILL

Apr 26, 2002
You guys! LOL! it always starts as a question, or info on a new product, and it turns into a huge debate.

But really it all boils down to what Tact was sayin', If it ain't broke, why fix it?. Others just like to be up to date on the new versions, etc. AND, it's a matter of personal preference, Whatever works the best for you is all good. Thatz the most important thing to consider.

I don't really have any say on this subject though, I use a MOTU 828 runnin' through Cubase SL on a G4 runnin' OSX. I know how to use Pro Tools, Pro tools is easy.