New Murder Dog Magazine KC feature

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 20, 2006
I need some feedback and input from the Siccness community about the current state of the Kansas City rap scene. What I'm looking for is new artists and producers, that are making major moves in the town, RIGHT NOW!! Input from the Siccness community, local record stores (7th Heaven, Wax Factory, Keepin it Real), local club DJs, and the streets will help separate the "go-getterz" from the "charity cases". I would at least like to document the work of at least ten solid rap artists and/or producers for this new Murder Dog Magazine feature on Kansas City. Also, in the past Murder Dog KC features, there was a strong perception that the KC scene was a Bay "spin-off". Well I told Black Dog that KC was kinda past that era, and have developed our own sound with more of a Southern sound musically, and lyrically kinda to the East. I used Chauncey Clyde, the group HiPo4mance, and Donte Slusha as some examples of the kind of "new" artists that are dropping albums, doing shows, filming videos, and selling records. We know the history of KC (Tech, Vell, Rich, RDV, Popper, etc.). Now, it's time to recognize the present and future. Thanks for the feedback and i'll be getting at all featured artists personally.

Aug 31, 2005
CHAUNCEY CLYDE, DONTA SLUSHA, THEM BOYZ FROM VAN BRUNT(D-LOCC, SLOP, CASH IMAGE), PAUL MUSSAN IT'S A FEW OTHERS TOO...

PRODUCER WISE, YOU CAN'T DO A JOINT ABOUT KC AND NOT HAVE RAWBEATZZ IN THERE. SEVEN BEEN MAKIN SOME NOIZE TOO...

I KNO OF SOME OTHERS THAT WOULD BE GOOD FOR THIS TOO, GET AT ME.

THA STREETMONSTAZ KEEP OUR EARS TO THA STREETZ

Jun 24, 2004
Producer wise hands down its gotta be mention of my boy D.Baker from the town not only is he producing for hands down the hottest rapper in the game Mims...done production for Blackout Movement...Also produced the new theme song for DL Hughleys new TV show coming out.

Black.....

May 20, 2006
I've been hearing a lot of positive things about 3rd Degree and Paul Mussan has definately been puttin his foot down lately. Grant Rice is cold and respected, but has he ever dropped an album or even a mixtape? I believe Van Brunt Squad (D-Locc, Slop, and fam) and Dalima have already been featured in Murder Dog. D. Baker and Rawbeatzz resumes, are self-explanatory.

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
check out R.E.S., or Hobotone. They both got good shit and i dont know if they've been featured or not. Pretty sure RES hasn't . Also 3rd Degree, Donta Slusha and Pittsburgh Philthy. Also def. agree with you that we have left the bay area and moved down to the 3rd coast.

Apr 25, 2002
My boy Petos definetley needs a spot on there man. Just like JL said he's locked up and still making moves. That Stop Snitchin billboard on 39th and Broadway was his thing. He's the Ceo of World League Records (R.E.S., The Associates, E-DA-P Stop Snitchin) and was the owner of the store Music Vision that was in mission mall before he got locked up. He's getting ready to drop Stop Snitchin vol 2. If you need some more info about him, hit me up homie.

Some info here:

Stop Snitchin billboard on the news
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr-WN4fYy7U

A bit of info on his movement
http://november.org/LocalScenes/2006E-DA-P/