New Deftones..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
...is apparently delayed indefinately. Why? No clue, but they are now working on a NEW album altogether. Makes you wonder WHY they all but scraped an entire album.

"In March 2009, Deftones were guests on the radio show Loveline where they announced that the album should be released in October 2009. However, by June 2009, Deftones decided to put Eros aside while they worked on a different new album. The band still plans to release Eros at some point, but currently hopes to focus on a new Deftones album in order to give fans "best Deftones record that [they] can make." It was also noted that pushing back the release date for Eros had nothing to do with Cheng's current condition"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eros_(Deftones_Album)

Looks like they felt Eros wasn't the "best Deftones record [they] can make".

Jul 4, 2008
I was honestly questioning the deftones future all because of the situation with CHI
So they're not making Eros yet, but they're making a new album??
This is all coming from Wikipedia so I'm not believing everything until I see something come out of their website or their myspace
But this would be spectacular news nether less.

May 9, 2002
I was honestly questioning the deftones future all because of the situation with CHI
So they're not making Eros yet, but they're making a new album??
This is all coming from Wikipedia so I'm not believing everything until I see something come out of their website or their myspace
But this would be spectacular news nether less.
From what i gathered, Eros is DONE...they just dont want to release it yet and sounds like they actually want whatever new album they are recording to drop INSTEAD of Eros. BUt youre right, it is just Wiki.

Jul 4, 2008
From what i gathered, Eros is DONE...they just dont want to release it yet and sounds like they actually want whatever new album they are recording to drop INSTEAD of Eros. BUt youre right, it is just Wiki.
I do remember seeing on myspace a couple months ago Eros was 3/4 of the way done
I didnt even see Eros coming.
I do know that whatever they release needs to be better than Saturday night Wrist, I honestly never thought I could dislike a deftones album till they dropped that album.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
From their myspace...

Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Update
What’s up!

We want to take a minute and address all of you regarding Chi and our new record:

First and foremost, we are all still praying and hoping for our brother’s and bandmate’s recovery. He continues to get hospital care, but often it feels as if we’re no closer to knowing what is ultimately going to happen to him as he continues to fight off infections as part of an ongoing battle with his condition. We trust all of you have been following his progress at One Love For Chi; we have as well. Whenever we have significant information regarding his condition, we will share it with all of you. In the meantime, we’re working on getting a benefit show together for Chi in Los Angeles this fall; details will follow very soon.

Let’s all continue to channel positive energy into the universe for Chi’s recovery.

There has been a lot of speculation lately about what is going on with the record: Eros for one, and Chi’s parts, and this new record that we are currently tracking.

The songs recorded for Eros are very special to us as they are the latest with Chi (and we certainly hope not the last); they have history and significant meaning to us. However, as we neared completion on Eros, we realized that this record doesn’t best encompass and represent who we are currently as people and as musicians. And although those songs will see the light of day at some point, we collectively made the decision that we needed to take a new approach, and with Chi’s condition heavy on our minds while doing so. We needed to return to the studio to do what we felt was right artistically. Our inspiration and unity as a band is stronger than it has ever been before and we needed to channel that energy into our music, and deliver to our fans what you rightly deserve: the best Deftones record that we can make.

The decision to hold off on releasing Eros has no connection with Chi’s condition or anything associated. This was, and is, purely a creative decision by the band to write, record, and deliver an amazing product. As a result we feel like this is the best record we’ve ever written. And although Chi is not playing bass with us, his presence is dramatically felt in our hearts and on our minds everyday when we step into that studio, and you will feel it in the music.

We have some dates coming up this summer as you know, and the best thing that we can do now is to try to return this situation to the closest thing to normalcy as possible. The stage is our home, and you are our family.

Please remember, only Deftones speak for Deftones, so we will continue to periodically release official statements.

More to come soon.

Jul 4, 2008
I also like that side of them, they hit you pretty damn hard, but with as many Deftones show's Ive been to they've always came out with the hard shit they are a diverse band that can play all different sounds and still be one of the best bands.
Also I like their self titled album, When girls telephone boys was one of my favorite tracks