NELLY LEADS BOYCOTT OF NEW NELLY CD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2002
I think it is the other way around... i think rap is entertainment and hip-hop is art. I respect what krs-one has done for hip hop but he is a fuckin fool for this one.

M

MrFreeze

TRAGIC LOSSES said:
I WASN'T JUST TALKIN BOUT ME....IF NELLY ONLY SOLD 100,000 THIS TIME,HE WOULD BE DROPPED FROM THE LABEL AND GONE.....
true but theyed just swoop up some other fool just like him and start all over again.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
^^^^

How is that an ignorant post? You must have a new definition for the word ignorant...

I've heard the new KRS-1 album...therefore, it isn't an ignorant statement, that's just how I feel about his shit...

If that statement is ignorant, then 3/4 of this board is ignorant for voicing their opinions...

If you say "All Middle Eastern people are terrorists"....THAT would be an ignorant statement....

Jun 24, 2002
soory to say fellas but as long as little kids are getting allowance and shit there will still be lame ass rap like nelly and all that east coast hippity-hop. I thought this was a bay area post? I guess I was wrong. NoCal rap is the finest out there, the rest might as well be playing candyland, watchin trl and mtv.That shit is so gay.Let me guess?Those of you on this post that watch trl probably turn the channel during all the britney and ricky martin videos, right?Wrong, ya little fags.I got mtv tooken off my t.v. The cable people looked at me kinda funny, and asked why.I just looked him in the eye like,please c'mon this aint music. There needs to be another 'o' in pop music.Fuck east coast, fuck the midwest and fuck down south.NoCal rap only for me.

Apr 25, 2002
www.strictlystackin.com
Re: Re: ^^^

SHEA said:

AYE SYDAL....WHAT YOU GOT AGAINST MY SAVIOR HOMIE?

SAVE THE BULLSHIT....THATS A WEAK ASS OPINION.....IVE HEARD PLEANTY OF ARTISTS COME WITH SOME OF THE BEST GOSPEL RAPS EVER.

JUST TO CALL IT OUT AND LABLE IT AS "BULLSHIT"...HOMIE, YOU JUST LOST QUITE A BIT OF MY RESPECT, & THAT SUCKS.

SHEA
@SHEA.... TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT MY MOUTH.

@SYDAL.... IGNORANT INDEEDY. I'LL LEAVE IT LIKE THAT CUZ ITS A WHOLE OTHER TOPIC. BUT UHHH.....

AS FAR AS KRS:

KRS BEEN AROUND SINCE THE BEGINNING & STILL IS. HOW MANY OTHER "RAPPERS" CAN YOU SAY THAT ABOUT? THERE ARE SOME SHIT I LIKE OF HIS, BUT MOST I DONT. BOTTOM LINE YOUNGSTAS GOTTA GIVE HIM PROPS WHERE ITS DUE. HE IS A P I O N E E R.

AS FAR AS THIS NELLY / KRS THING GO:

KRS SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO FUCK WIT LITTLE KIDS. HE AINT PROVIN SHIT. WASSUP WIT ALL THESE MAFUCKAS PICKING ON THE LITTLE FOOS? COWARD ASS SHIT. I AGREE WIT RAE ON THE LAST LINE OF THE INTERVIEW = THAT DIDNT MAKE SENSE TO ME EITHER. WHAT HE SHOULD BE DOIN IS BOYCOTTING "POP HOP." ANYONE FEEL?

HIP HOP IS ART
RAP IS LIFE
POP HOP IS ENTERTAINMENT

THATS REAL.

Apr 25, 2002
Re: Re: Re: ^^^

V Dizzle said:

HIP HOP IS ART
RAP IS LIFE
POP HOP IS ENTERTAINMENT

THATS REAL.

damn you know what, i never really thought about it like that, but it really makes sense, you got these CEOs that are in control, not the artist cause they know how to mold these fools to make shit that makes money for the general populous, strikky from an entertainment standpoint

May 26, 2002
Re: Re: Re: ^^^

V Dizzle said:

@SYDAL.... IGNORANT INDEEDY. I'LL LEAVE IT LIKE THAT CUZ ITS A WHOLE OTHER TOPIC. BUT UHHH.....

AS FAR AS KRS:

KRS BEEN AROUND SINCE THE BEGINNING & STILL IS. HOW MANY OTHER "RAPPERS" CAN YOU SAY THAT ABOUT? THERE ARE SOME SHIT I LIKE OF HIS, BUT MOST I DONT. BOTTOM LINE YOUNGSTAS GOTTA GIVE HIM PROPS WHERE ITS DUE. HE IS A P I O N E E R.

AS FAR AS THIS NELLY / KRS THING GO:HIP HOP IS ART
RAP IS LIFE
POP HOP IS ENTERTAINMENT

THATS REAL.

I aint gotta say nothing else....

May 3, 2002
I dont like hip hop. I like that underground bay area gangsta shit. I never listen to the dam radio cuz they dont play anything that I like, except for oldies.