Negative prop button poll

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Should there be a negative prop button?

• Hell yea.....on with the new!!

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • Fuck no!!...Dont fix what aint broke

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
It would kill the site. People already noticeably changed how they posted when props got here. It turned into tiddies and tacos and the same hivemind repetitive circle jerk mimic show for months and years now. Its still going on. If there were negative props no one would post anything meaningful or against the grain ever again. Itd just be a hundred people saying tacos and tiddies are good til the site died out completely.

Mixerr

Mixerr Reviews
Nov 17, 2012
Austin, Texas, US
www.facebook.com
It would kill the site. People already noticeably changed how they posted when props got here. It turned into tiddies and tacos and the same hivemind repetitive circle jerk mimic show for months and years now. Its still going on. If there were negative props no one would post anything meaningful or against the grain ever again. Itd just be a hundred people saying tacos and tiddies are good til the site died out completely.
That's what TheScrewShop has turned into.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
I will continue to express my love of titties and tacos with or without props. Titties have always been loved on the sicc before props. Who the fuck doesn't like tacos? This site has been around for almost 20 years with daily traffic and props only been around for 2-3 years so your logic holds no weight.

Nov 18, 2010
Fuck you, you just know you'll be -10 000 so you are opposed.

Props: BUTCHER 206
Feb 14, 2004
I will continue to express my love of titties and tacos with or without props. Titties have always been loved on the sicc before props. Who the fuck doesn't like tacos? This site has been around for almost 20 years with daily traffic and props only been around for 2-3 years so your logic holds no weight.
we don't spell tiddies like that around here breh

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
yes because currently when you want to negatively prop someone you have to actually write a post berating them.

with a negative prop button we can just click it and be done, it can be called the faggot button or something.
When you put it like that it sounds kind of appealing haha

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I possess the ability to prop endlessly. Since props were introduced I've probably propped over 500,000 times with my other butcher accounts, if you include the props that disappeared with buggy resets.

I promise you I will negative prop every single boarder on this board thousands of times. I will make it my goal to serve over 1,000,000 negative props.

May 16, 2002
Once you reach a certain level of negative props youre banned
This is where the abuse will kick in. We would take the moderators job into our own hands & get rid of those we dislike or simply for the thrill & abuse of power.

InfamousICON @InfamousICON is right. There will be like thirty members within a week.

Or less and it would be suicide for the Siccness.

Apr 25, 2002
The Props button is a "Thank You" hack that someone developed for vBulletin years ago, they just customized it and called it Props on this website. There's no way for other users to remove them or lower the count because if I say Thank You for posting something, why should someone else be able to take that away?

The amount of time and effort that it would take to implement something like this would require someone writing all new code, or changing the whole system all together and putting in another one for something that wouldn't benefit the site in any way... If anything it would probably make people leave the site before it attracted new users.

It's not going to happen.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
The Props button is a "Thank You" hack that someone developed for vBulletin years ago, they just customized it and called it Props on this website. There's no way for other users to remove them or lower the count because if I say Thank You for posting something, why should someone else be able to take that away?

The amount of time and effort that it would take to implement something like this would require someone writing all new code, or changing the whole system all together and putting in another one for something that wouldn't benefit the site in any way... If anything it would probably make people leave the site before it attracted new users.

It's not going to happen.

THIS is my example...

2015 Nissan Versa Sedan First Drive – Review – Car and Driver

click on comments...

scroll down..

vote up or down...

for each positive one gets taken away from the negative and vice versa...

no banning.(I just thought that was funny)

but yea, people shouldnt get banned based on a prop system

Apr 25, 2002
THIS is my example...

2015 Nissan Versa Sedan First Drive – Review – Car and Driver

click on comments...

scroll down..

vote up or down...

for each positive one gets taken away from the negative and vice versa...

no banning.(I just thought that was funny)

but yea, people shouldnt get banned based on a prop system
Those are for weighing the comments, to keep the top comments at the top and the worst ones at the bottom. In bulletin board systems, topics and comments are displayed in reverse chronological order.