NE5 Review pt. 1

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dizz

Sicc OG
Aug 29, 2002
Here's my reviews of #s 1-15. I've been listenin to Norte Sidin' II a lot over and over, and still can't believe how fuckin tight this song is. If yall can try to pick up your copies at Rock Bottom. I got a free poster with mine; I dunno if other stores do that too. At rock Bottom it's 14.99.

Anyhow, here's a review of 1-15. These are my opinions, so no hating or anything. I didn't write too much cuz of time, but hopefully this helps. I never done a review like this either, so if anyone got input to it, its all good.
-----------------------------------

1) Open Woundz (Woodie, Lil' Los) - Unlike NE4 which opened wit the hardcore 'Savagez,' NE5 opens with the still hard but softer-toned "Open Woundz." Wood and Los both spit the chorus, mentioning the other at the end of it.

2) Dip Dip Dive (Shadow) - I'm beginning to feel more of Shadow's songs, and he flows pretty tight here. There's a little dialogue in the beginning, then he spits a long verse and lets the chorus finish it off.

3) Caine & Cuffs - XO Creep raps about his life of coke and jail, but the song is hard. His lyrics are heartfelt; it makes you think about shit..

4) Dying Species (Lou-E-Lou) - "Make sure you fuckin' that pussy, and that the pussy's not fucking you." That's how this cut opens, wit someone givin those words of wisdom to Lou-E-Lou. Ridin, bitchez, playin, it's all here and more. Lou makes a few references to his earlier solo album, but like someone once said, does use the word "nigga" a lot.

5) On the Block (B-Dawg) - The album got off to a little slow start, but now it starts pickin' up. I was really feelin' this beat. B-dawg goes off on his rivals, rappin, "Bitch, I don't see yo name on the block, bitch!" and "My name carries weight on this block, bitch." Really good cut.

6) Gangstah (XO, Lou-E-Lou, Woodie, Suspects) - This is one of my fave songs. This got a hip, kinda upbeat flow to it. The beat is chill and another one that I'm feelin. I was feelin' XO's flows, but Woodie's lyrics. You can ride to this song. Suspects do the chorus.

7) That Good Life (Big tone) - My second fave cut on the song. The beat is real deep. I like to think of this as one of those beats you can just sit back and reflect on; somethin you'd play durin a drive on a rainy day, just focusin' and reflectin. Y'all feel me on that? The tone's really mellow but the message ain't depressing. Big Tone spits a few verses, and Megan does the chorus. This is one of my fave songs with Megan.

8) Act Accordingly (Woodie) - This is actually the song I heard first, based on someone else's review on how tight it was. It's one of 2 songs Wood spits solo. It's got a catchy beat to it, and Wood does a "singing rap" kinda chorus. Wood lets his presence be known wit the lyrics. The chorus explains it all: "God I know shit could be worse, but this liquor doesn't quench my thirst/ you took 2 brothers and a sister from my life, but i aint mad i just hope your right / police (????) locked down / he's innocent you can ask the yoc town / i do my best to be as humble as i can be / but sometimes i gotta act accordingly" Wood raps some deep things to the man above, but this is ultimately a deep song.

9) Don't You Know That (Lil' Los) - This got a real happy sound to it, I guess wit the sample from Luther Vandross' song of the same name, and Woodie playin additional horns and strings live. Gina Z does the vocals. Lots of shit is mentioned in this song: weed, life's objectives, and this is one of my fave Los songs.

10) Where We From (Carillo) - I'm not big fan of Carillo, I liked his song on NE4 better.

11) Fuckin' Wit a Playa (Megan f/ Woodie) - Hehe, aiight, Megan got her song. Didn't someone write in the thank yous last time that they cut one of her songs? I dunno, but this song is tight. Megan sings her verses. The message of the song is pretty much straightforward from the title. Megan does most the chorus and Wood has a lil' bit. Wood don't diss on hoes like he does very well in other songs, but he recounts a type of coo homegirl. Good cut.

12) Nobodys' (Lil' Dee and Woodie) - this is a short cut, at 2:37. It opens with some convo between Lil' Dee and Wood, which pretty much sets the tone for the song.

**) Of course nothing here. Not even a little instrumental. All you hear is a gun cocking and being shot.

14) Norte' Sidin II - Already reviewed. Check my other post. (Wood, this song needs a music video homie. One of them themes wit a barbecue, maybe some freeway ridin, u noe what I'm sayin')

15) A Prayer 4 My Enemy - Young AZ, Highyellablack, and Lost spit to a fairly simple beat. Young AZ's verse was coo and Highyellablack had its parts, but all in all, it was an aiight song.

The highlights here: # 6, 7, 8, 14
The tight cuts: #1, 2, 5, 9, 11, 15

Dizz

Sicc OG
Aug 29, 2002
Btw, rock bottom got the CDs behind the counter. I did a bit of lookin myself in the shelves and was like "fuck, 110 miles, hope they didn't sell out." lol.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
Dizz said:
Btw, rock bottom got the CDs behind the counter. I did a bit of lookin myself in the shelves and was like "fuck, 110 miles, hope they didn't sell out." lol.

IM NOT A EXPERT BUT MAYBE ITS 110 BOTH WAYS..... I DONT THINK THAT YOU DROVE 110 BUT I MIGHT BE WRONG.......

IS IT JUST ME OR DID XO AND SHADOW CHANGE THEIR FLOW UP ALITTLE????? THEY BOTH STILL SOUND DOPE

RIX

Sicc OG
Dec 6, 2002
WHO EVER HASEN'T COPPED THA ALBUM, GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if u gotta take tha bus, or bart, or somfin, go to tha nearest spot man, this album has been worth tha wait. ughhhhhh this shit is hard!

S

SFxRyda

balheadrix said:
WHO EVER HASEN'T COPPED THA ALBUM, GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if u gotta take tha bus, or bart, or somfin, go to tha nearest spot man, this album has been worth tha wait. ughhhhhh this shit is hard!

RIX

Sicc OG
Dec 6, 2002
yea she look like a bad bitch, she bangin, probly someones girl, i aint tryin to cock block, but if i seen her, i'd be like wussup girl, wuts yo name, wuts yo size? haha, naw im juss fuckin wit ya...

Nov 2, 2002
was anyone feelin that lil los song as much as me? damn that song is sick. like nothing i ever heard before. Lil los bringin to the next level with this one

Nov 2, 2002
dont you hate it when your kicking back listening to norte sidin 2 and then it finishes and all of a sudden, bam young AZ's loud ass voice is pounding in your ear drum. Dam, fucks the whole mood up. its a cool song and everything butthe vocals start way to fast.

B

BureFedorov

i was feelin the cd but i wish they had a little more of shadow and bdawg...open woundz and gangstah gotta be my 2 favorites along wit the LiL Los song

Dizz

Sicc OG
Aug 29, 2002
925 mow fucka said:
dont you hate it when your kicking back listening to norte sidin 2 and then it finishes and all of a sudden, bam young AZ's loud ass voice is pounding in your ear drum. Dam, fucks the whole mood up. its a cool song and everything butthe vocals start way to fast.
LOL damn i was thinkin the same thing.. They need a few seconds in between or something. I'm all feelin NS2 than you hear like "fuck the pussy in yo bitch!" hella loud.. Good song, but maybe a song like That Good Life shoulda switched spaces with it.