Nacho Picasso thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Nacho is featured on a song off the new .Cult album that is dropping soon, produced by BSBD

I've followed .Cult for a few now. I think they are still finding their footing but all their releases have had a few really good songs on them. They definitely fall into the weirder side of the rap spectrum a lot of the time.

This was the first single from the album coming out on Mishka, the song with Nacho is the second.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
i had to convert them to mp3 tracks(which they already were) for some reason but they work now. such a slow album you think there would be no reason to drag it but its still pretty legit either way.

you fucking with it Gas One @Gas One ?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
on the first song of the 'melted' version of BSBD's glaciers they did a good job with the first song, its slow but its not ridiculously slow to the point where its annoying, its a perfect tempo honestly i think slower is better and the chops are rare, only sometimes and they do it in a different yet suprisingly good way. i think you dont wanna mess with DJ Screws legacy and find your own way into the chop part of it.

the songs are super long tho, like this first song is 17 damn minutes. i did notice that it has hella breakdowns on the songs , and screwing it sretched this shit out pretty fucking long. if i remember correctly the songs were already long as is

it was a good reason to revisit the album and listen to it in a new way, like the samples or quotes on the songs are a little clearer, theyd be slightly muffled on the first release and you couldnt hear everything that was being said on the songs, now its more clear whats being said.

also some of the music on the album becomes a little more prominent screwed, like im noticing little extra sounds here and there i didnt hear on the first release which is dope. either that or they did extra to the songs after screwing it.

12 minutes in this shit legit reminds me of a screw tape in ways. like the bass part. so far im a fan. i dunno if its gonna be a part of my sleep or if ill listen to it here and there when lit/slowed up

i see theyre at the new parish in oakland, but fuck dude, id have to bring so much lean and xanax and some dope/weed with me and a pillow to go listen to this live, sleepwalk status maybe cuz how else you just gon sit there listening to this shit?
you just gonna like stargaze at the stage?

reminds me in ways of anticon's cloudead album on certain parts, like back in the 2000's. i used to hate II, cuz it sounded like the were repeating "are you ready to go' over and over , apparently they were saying are you ready to love, and thats what i mean by the slower album being easier to hear with samples

Last edited:

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Nacho said hes gonna be at that show, not officially performing but I'd be surprised if they didnt have him come out & do a few tracks