Nacho Picasso thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
breh, this dude got the furly ghost more than all of thizz combined. like, i hear mac dre in this breh. but i dont. i dont know, i'm fucked up.

he looking for a distrobution right? why not city hall or some shit

Props: Kon1 and Kon1

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
breh, this dude got the furly ghost more than all of thizz combined. like, i hear mac dre in this breh. but i dont. i dont know, i'm fucked up.

he looking for a distrobution right? why not city hall or some shit
So they can get his CD in the dozen or so mom & pop shops left? Independent distribution companies like city hall are obsolete in 2014. Fuck a middle man.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
After one spin all the way through, the first tracks are super filthy. Last two just mildly filthy. 5 less songs than High and Mighty but I think I enjoyed it a little more.

Fav track: Tell me something
It's all opinions but man White Bitch (Ned's World Remix) is the slap

Might be my favorite on there, if not that one... probably Tell Me Something is for me as well.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
So they can get his CD in the dozen or so mom & pop shops left? Independent distribution companies like city hall are obsolete in 2014. Fuck a middle man.
so whats his best bet? i need his shit on cds man. fuck a digital download. im obsolete in 2k14 but fuck...

i sound like my grandpa talkin bout records and shit. fuck a cassette tape

bride of frankenstein is my shit. tide with nacho man. but white bitch and life of pi are way to fuckin smooth. least favorite is tell me something and thats a fuckin slapper

May 9, 2002
I think Nacho...and most artists....realize that physical media is dying. There is no money in it unless you are pressing yup a huge portion of them and can move them. Even then, its pretty worthless: artists have NEVER made money on albums. Ever. They literally make pennies (being on a label, that is....and not including 1990 out-the-trunk grinders). The money is in the shows and merch.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Nacho isn't some local regional rapper who has to depend on selling hand to hand & foreign "collectors". He's tapped into a fanbase from the new generation of music consumers who don't have a problem supporting thru bandcamp donations but are also willing to drop $20 on a vinyl.

I think that's gonna be his next move seeing as BSBD have dropped 2 LPs so far, plus getting their own merch out there. I'd be really surprised if their next collab didn't have a vinyl release with a small merch run.

May 9, 2002
Nacho isn't some local regional rapper who has to depend on selling hand to hand & foreign "collectors". He's tapped into a fanbase from the new generation of music consumers who don't have a problem supporting thru bandcamp donations but are also willing to drop $20 on a vinyl.

I think that's gonna be his next move seeing as BSBD have dropped 2 LPs so far, plus getting their own merch out there. I'd be really surprised if their next collab didn't have a vinyl release with a small merch run.
Social media has pretty much destroyed the "regional artist" ideology...it just isnt a concern anymore. You could be from Antartica, but as long as you have the WWW, people will know who you are.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Yup, lot of the underground rappers most of the sicc still check for haven't got the memo tho. Personally I think pandering to the collectors have been hindering them for a while now. Losing money printing CDs for a few dozen guys who just want the album to sit on their shelf while they play MP3s anyway.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Yup, lot of the underground rappers most of the sicc still check for haven't got the memo tho. Personally I think pandering to the collectors have been hindering them for a while now. Losing money printing CDs for a few dozen guys who just want the album to sit on their shelf while they play MP3s anyway.

fuck you, al

Aug 20, 2006
FLA

$20 vinyl? $25 is the cheapest I've seen new releases/rereleases going for from major labels. Indie labels and niche vinyl (like the blood splattered Django Unchained OST that retailed for $50) goes for way more.