MY THOUGHTS: Why we cant just do us?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

NOX

Sicc OG
Nov 26, 2004
I'm down wit cali artists I fux wit em the Bay got hot shit....but to be completely honest wit you I'm sick and fuckin tired of the hyphy movement...Here in Portland Hyphy Movement and Mac Dre is mainstream.....I see all these rich white square ass highschool kids all about Mac Dre and poppin thizz now a days. They was all hatin a couple years back callin us "retards" back at school for poppin thizz and all said Mac Dre was gay. Now everything has flipped.... This shit is really startin to piss me the fuck off.....NW needs to stand the fuck up, smack these lil kids wit a dick and show them there is more to the west coast then dickriding the fuck out of the bay.

RANT IS OVER

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
ElroyCalrician said:
I have been on here for a while with another name and its interesting hearing about how you have contributed to a lot of Bay area music along with other seattle producers. The only one I knew was my sisters friends father haha who made beats for e40 and blegit back in the day. Where is this guy that signed to g unit from? If hes from seattle that would be very upsetting as I am gunot for sure.
Everybody I mentioned is from Seattle. You can Google Jake One...

http://www.tygereye.net/jakeone/

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=18529

http://www.seattleweekly.com/music/0445/041110_music_jakeone_best.php

Although I'm not sure if the G-Unit signing has been publicly relayed...it is indeed fact.

Mar 20, 2006
xpanther206 said:
I like the idea of a West Coast movement to but the Cali people won't be having us I don't think, they're too into themselves.
i dunno about that...i personally would be just as supportive of an artist from portland or seattle or where ever, its all the west to me. most of tha bay (where i'm from) is too wrapped up in mac dre & that frooty ass hyphy movement to pay attention to anything else, but i think tha real rap fans in cali feel tha same as i do. yall just gotta get your name's known better out here. like tha origional post said, tha NW needs to develope its own sound...but at the same time, steadily collab with cali artists, & do shows out here with them. it'll broaden your audiences. kuz rite now, the only NW rappers i can name are Syko, Cool Nutz, & Red Head Steve (he's from the NW, rite?) ...& i havent heard enough of any of them to buy an album (cept steve, but i'm not feelin his shit).

Apr 6, 2006
mrrocnron said:
The NW is part of the West Coast. Yall have to be included for it to become a movement. Ya dig.

Nex Lev

www.myspace.com/mrrocnron

Honestly? Nope. Growin up, in California, you hear Oregon and Washington and you not thinkin West Coast. Sorry. Ima keep it SUPER real. Up here, we ARE the Northwess. Period. Just like LA cant be part of the Hyphy movement.

You know what's the shit tho? The fact that them down south boys (LA) is trying to reunify the Wesside. THATS somethin we can all partake in. But just because my man in the spotlight dont mean that Im rush to shake his hand and show him love in public, yuhdig? Justa get my face in some of that light.