My THOUGHTS: The Rebirth...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
^^ Very true. The CD Company won't even press up your CD in the first place if they hear a jacked beat they recognize. And they're cracking down more and more these days, because THEY can be held liable as well.

@Sniccrs

That 5 and 10 formula is good, but I'd almost reverse it. Either that or make 5 out of the "10" from past projects and other collaborations, sort of a Hits and Unreleased sort of a thing.

I really do hate "mixtape tracks" now though. Whatever happened to using JACKED beats for freestyles, and ORIGINAL beats for songs? Now people getting it all fucked up......

Ain't no rebirth happening with all that going on.

Apr 6, 2006
DJ Coma said:
That's not true. You MUST have permission from the owner to use a jacked beat no matter if you are selling it or not. A lot of people have the misconception that as long as you aren't selling it, or if you call it a mixtape and put for Promo Use Only on it that you aren't breaking the law when in reality you really are breaking it just for using that copyrighted material and can be sued. Is it likely you will get sued if you do though? No, not at all.

And knowing is half the battle...thanks.

Its odd, because THATS why I DONT FUCK WITH S----CLICK (no Snic-promotions from me!) ANYMORE!!!