My Review of Brotha Lynch Hung - Lynch by Inch

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Disc 1

1) "Scene: Smoke"
Brotha Lynch does some talking just like SOS about getting high. A quick little intro to set things off.

2) "Spydie's Birth"
Evil lays down an ok beat to get the album started with. Brotha Lynch comes with some solid flows on the mic. D-Dubb does the hook with some coo vocals, but Lynch puts it down on the mic, talking about himself as Spider Man. A decent song to get the album started with.

3) "Spitz Network" ft. Yukmouth, COS
Evil lays down a tight ass beat for this song, as it gets your head moving to the beat. Yukmouth starts it off with a coo flow. Lynch does the hook and only says spitz network, but it's a tight hook suprisingly enough. Brotha Lynch has the second verse and spits the hardest. COS has the third verse and comes hard, although I'm feeling Lynch the most. Lynch has another verse to finish off the song. A tight ass song overall, one of my favorites on the album.

4) "I Went From" (intro)
Phonk Beta lays down some nice keys on the piano as the intro leads into the song.

5) "I Went From"
Phonk Beta and Lynch make a good combo of piano and beat to get things started. This is my favorite song on the album. Not really the SOS type of stuff right here, but it's still definately tight Lynch music. He talks about some of the hardships of his past and where he is today. He gives out a ton of shout outs also. Really a very good song from the production to the mic work by Lynch. A tight, tight song overall, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

6) "Watta" ft. Luni Coleone
Another one of my favorite tracks all right in a row. The beat by Evil is clean as fuck and fits the flows well. Lynch starts this one off with a coo flow, sounding a little more like the old Lynch we're used to hearing. Luni comes next and comes with his hard nosed lyrics on the mic. Another verse by Lynch finishes off the song nicely. Both rappers work well together with an ok hook. A tight song overall though, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

7) "Art of War" ft. COS
An ok beat by Mark Knoxx, although it doesn't really seem fitting on a Lynch album. Lynch starts it off with a solid verse. I don't like COS' delivery on this song. He comes tight on almost every song I've heard him, but I don't like this one much from COS. Lynch comes nicely. He disses C-Lim and M Sane on his second verse. A decent track, it could have been a lot better, although Lynch's second verse is nasty.

8) "Everywhere I Go" ft. D-Dubb
Lynch does a slow beat for himself on this song. D-Dubb comes with those soft vocals on the hook, although I've heard better singing from him. Lynch comes with good lyrics on the mic though. Teamed with some good production Lynch's verses make this a solid song overall.

9) "Death Dance"
Phonk Beat is back for more good production and piano work. A slower paced beat for Lynch to flow to. I don't like the hook at all, but Lynch has some good verses. Some harder lyrics for this song, although it's to a slow paced beat. Still a good song overall, it just needed a better hook.

10) "Break Ya Loccs" ft. Suspicion
Another one of my favorite songs right here. Phonk Beta has more piano work and a tight paced beat to go along with it. Lynch and COS rip up the mic on this song. Lynch has two tight verses and COS contributes with a solid verse. These two seem to flow flawlessly together. Lynch also handles the hook with a coo flow. A tight, tight ass song overall, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

11) "Reachin' for Fame" ft. Tall Cann, COS
A bit of a weird beat, but still coo by Lynch. He starts it off with a coo verse. Tall Cann comes next with a solid verse and COS comes tight as well. Another solid verse from Lynch comes next and then COS has another verse to finish the track with. Not the tightest song on the album, but still a good listen.

12) "Bleeding House Mystery" ft. Zagg
Lokei lays down a tight ass beat to get things started. This is more like the old Lynch from SOS right here. He comes with those hardcore murder lyrics as he and Zagg rip up the mic. This might have gone best as a Lynch solo song, but both rappers come with tight flows on the mic. Another one of my favorite songs on the album, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

13) "Scene: Gun-Runner" ft. Calico
Just a short phone call between Lynch and Calico.

14) "Get Bacc Time"
A clean beat by Lynch that sounds more like his older music like on Loaded. Lynch comes tight on the mic to the tight beat. Tight lyrics on the mic by Lynch. COS handles the hook with some coo lyrics. Another tight song on this album. I'm feeling it to the fullest. More like the old Lynch on this song.

15) "Scene: Therapy" ft. First Degree The D.E.
Lych has a phone call with First Degree, some funny talk by The D.E.

16) "My Mind Ain't Right"
A coo beat by Phonk Beta to get things started off with. Lynch raps about how his mind just isn't quite all right. This is a totally solo track where Lynch does everything on the mic. Some good flows on the verses and a good hook team with a good beat by Phonk Beta to make this a solid song. I'm feeling it overall.

17) "Scene: The Meeting" ft. Loco Ricc
A short meeting between Lynch and Loco Ricc, nothing really special here.

18) "I Get's Off"
Phonk Beta lays down another good beat, although I don't like it as much when it makes a little change over a minute and a half into the song. Lynch comes with some good flows on the mic, although it's not the best on the album. A solid song overall.

19) "Any Given Friday" ft. Phonk Beta
Crookwood lays down some clean production for Lynch on this song. Lynch rips up the mic with more solid flows. The hook by Lynch is pretty good too. Phonk Beta has the second verse and spits some coo flows. My favorite part is the beat by Crookwood though. A good song to finish the first disc with.

Disc 2

1) "Scene: The Phone Call" ft. First Degree The D.E.
Another phone call between Lynch and The D.E. They talk about Lych's emotions. Just a short intro to the next song.

2) "Tried to Shoot"
Crookwood handles the slow paced beat for this song with some nice piano work in the background. Lynch talks about some sad stuff in his life. He talks about contimplating suicide on the hook. Some talking about some messed up stuff in his life. Some solid mic work with good lyrics. A good song overall.

3) "Scene: John Johnson" ft. Crookwood
A report about an attempted suicide by Lynch where his son was accidently shot in the chest.

4) "Suicide Note"
Ken the Geetar Man lays down some nice guitar work sampling the guitar from stairway to heaven as Lynch lays down a solid beat. He comes with more good lyrics on the mic, although he only flows for a short verse and then lets the music do the talking for the rest of the song.

5) "Usual Suspects" ft. E-Moe, Loki, Zagg, Phonk Beta, COS, Calico, Crookwood, B-Flat, Tall Cann, JV, Low-Down, D-Dubb
A bit of a Siccmade roll call for this song. DJ Epic puts down a coo beat for the song as the beat carries on for the nearly 9 minute long song. Lynch starts it off with a coo verse. E-Moe comes next and comes alright. Loki is next and spits my favorite verse on the song. Zagg is next and spits a good verse. Phonk Beta is next and comes pretty good. COS is next, but I'm not really feeling his verse that much. Calico is next and comes with a decent verse. Crookwood is next and spits an ok verse. B-Flat is next, but I'm not really feeling his verse too much. Tall Cann comes next, but this isn't one of his better verses. JV is next, but I'm not feeling his verse at all. Low-Down is next and comes ok, but I'm not feeling him that much. D-Dubb finishes the song off, but I like him singing more than flowing. A coo Siccmade Muzicc roll call track. Nice to hear all of the talent that they have. A coo song overall.

6) "Drunken Style (Phonk Beta Remix)" ft. Loki
A little remix from the song off of Blocc Movement. Phonk Beta handles the little remix, but the beat is basically the same. Loki comes first and rips up a tight ass verse, one of my favorite verses on the album. Lynch spits the same verse from the original and the same lyrics on the hook from the OG. A tight ass remix to finish the album with, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

Bonus DVD

The bonus DVD sounds like a good idea, but it really is one of the most boring things I've ever seen. It starts out with clips of the Siccmade Muzicc show in Portland with Lynch doing some talking about who is who and what they are doing in their music careers. It goes on for quite some time and then the DVD cuts over to an interview with Lych about his music, his career, who is on Siccmade and what we can expect in the future. The interview is incredably boring, although it's coo to hear what Lynch has to say to his fans and what his plans are for Siccmade in the future. There are some commercials for the COS and E-Moe albums mixed in the DVD. Really not a good DVD feature to add to the album, although the Lynch interview is good to hear, although horrible to sit through.

Overall this album definately shows that Lynch still has the heat that he brought on SOS and Loaded. It doesn't have the same feel as either of those albums, but it still showcases Lynch's lyrical dominance on the mic. The rest of the Siccmade crew come tight as well. I was a majority of the songs, although I really wasn't feeling this album at first. The thing is I stopped comparing it to SOS and really just sat down and enjoyed the album for what it is. It is definately an album worth the price you pay. Really the only bad thing about it was the horrible DVD they put it along with it. Some of the skits could have been done without, but for the most part every song is a good listen. Definately worth the price, so go get it!

May 11, 2002
Good Review.................

Art of War is one of the few songs that I am feeling off the CD. I think that beat is tight.

May 21, 2002
Cool review just wish u would put a bit more description into how the beat sounds.

all we get in your reviews are 'tight ass beat' 'clean production' or 'an ok beat'

That tells me nothing about the sounds and or instruments being used.

but yeah big up for keepin us informed

Aug 7, 2002
i thought death dance had some decent lyrics the whole cd is tight ''never had a life/ never had a wife/ i rather have a jack knife and creep thru the night...man that shit hits hard...

B

Blackjack 1577

That albums knockin fa sho. It took me awhile to finally cop it but it was worth tha wait. I wasn't feelin that dvd tho

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
CAUSE THE PRODUCTION WAS SUBPAR. I AIN'T DOWN WITH ALL THAT OFFBEAT BULLSHIT, OR LOOPED OUT LOOPS. LYNCH SHOULD'VE HOLLARED FOR SOME PRODUCTION. PLUS SOME SONgS, THE CONCEPTS WERE UNORIgINAL.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Lynch shoulda put the best of both cd's on one.
Even like that I give it an 8 out of 10.
With S.O.T.S and Loaded being 10's.

The DVD was ok, the interview was good. The only thing I could ask for was some videos but still I ain't complaining. It was a bonus after all....

Jul 19, 2003
blunts2thedome.g
yo i enjoy hearin some shit from lynch that aint the typical "fuck u niggaz" type rhymes. some drama, hella heat, fuckin apearances, i was disapointed not to hear the D.E. in that shit tho..

shit is dope

B

Blackjack 1577

YEA THA BEATS ON SOME OF THA TRACKS WERE WACK BUT ON OTHER TRACKS THA PRODUCTION WAS TIGHT, THAT'S ONE THING SICCMADE NEEDS TO WORK ON. BUT OVERALL I THINK THIS ALBUMS KNOCKIN, AND I WOULD RECOMMED IT TO THOSE THAT DON'T GOT IT.