My Best Friend Died This Weekend

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Thanks everybody. It's just so hard cuz I've shared my life, everything with this person for the past 2 1/2 years.

He supposedly 'died in his sleep' Saturday morning. Yesterday was his birthday, he would've been 29. So far, the coroner says that he did NOT die of natural causes. It could be between 6-18 weeks before they know what happened. My truck is in the pound because he was driving it at the time. And who knows when I can get it back since the homicide detectives have a hold on it. But the truck is irrelevant. I can get that back, but not him.

The whole situation is shady as hell. How do you go from being super healthy one day to dying in your sleep the next? When his mom got his clothes & stuff from the hospital, he only had a dollar in his wallet. WTF? It was his birthday weekend. And I don't know too many people who buy their own drinks on their birthday. This dude that is 'supposed' to be his boy (and is always broke as hell & needs to be fronted) was there at the time. Dude called me & asked me if I knew if he had any money at my house. WTF? Come on fat dude. Then, at the hospital, he walked over to the bag where my best friend's boots were at, picked them up & looked in them. Did he think that if there was something in the boots that people would actually let him walk away with it?

I'm so pissed.
This whole situation actually made me go to church on Sunday.
But yesterday, his mom & sister were at my house. We were upstairs looking at all his pictures. They didn't lock the front door when they came in, so it popped open. I wasn't thinking about it when I heard the door pop open. Then his sister looked in the hallway cuz she heard something. We heard footsteps coming up the stairs. No joke. So I went into the hallway & said his name. They laughed at me, but I was dead serious. It's really hard for me to be in my house cuz we lived there together. I just feel so fuckin lonely, it's unbelievable. You just never expect to see somebody walk out of your house Friday night & be dead on Saturday morning.

May 6, 2002
Are you immplying that his "friend" may have had something to do with his untimely death? If so damn, thats fucked up and brings back bad memories. But once again keep your head up.
Peace

Apr 25, 2002
rip...shit is faulty..i know what u feelin..i lost a homeboy..shit gets easier to deal with..but its always hard...i mean..kickin it with my homeboys pops..smokin weed..and he just asking why his son had to get murdered and why the cops were tryna make him look like a bad guy...thas the worst part..not knowin what the fuck to tell his family..stay up...stay close to loved ones in this time

Dec 4, 2002
I could not even imagine the pain you are going through. If I lost one of my homeboys, I would be an emotional wreck. I just hope you make it through this ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you. May he Rest In Peace.