mtv hyphy doc:? w/sway?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BO

Sicc OG
Jul 27, 2004
  • BO

BO

Awhile back i heard this "hyphy" documentary was being filmed did it ever get aired ? Or was it held back or wtf. I was juiced to watch it but it seems everyone forgot about it, including sway himself. anyone got 411 on this?

on a second note yall see that documentary about memphis? lil wyte was on that shit.

Apr 22, 2005
I dont know about a documentary but they had a "segment" on hyphy.They were at,I think 30/30 and were mainly talking to The Federation,Rick Rock and E-40 bout hyphy.It was coo considering that shit is rare to see the Bay like that on that wack ass channel.The only thing is they showed like hella kids and shit in a parking lot of what ever record store Fed was at and it was just some kids tryin to gig,that was weak.I hope this aint what your talking about tho cuz I'd like to see a documentary on the scene out here.You can search on mtv.com for that hyphy shit,they had it online to watch too.

BO

Sicc OG
Jul 27, 2004
  • BO

BO

yea i heard they were at a rasputins. i was hearing about it but i never heard of it being aired, basically i never seen it.

Jul 25, 2003
www.brazzers.com
haha i seen that memphis segment today....wasnt too bad ....showcased lil wyte and sum other kats.....i really hope they do that for the bay area sometime soon....i would think they would maybe for the final one they air ...and yea that documentary was more like a 10 minute segment on TRL.....it was kleen though

Apr 25, 2002
disobayish said:
yah mtv did a hole memphis thing bet did a welcome to atlanta thing, i think sway needa jus do a hole show on tha bay rap scene like tha memphis one
Why should Sway do a show about the bay area rap scene? When they are doin shows about artist'ss in Memphis and Houston they have rappers who push 100,000 plus units indy. Nobody is coming close to that in the bay. And lets not even talk about ATL artist's. Thats why those south cites get more luv cause they push units.

Apr 25, 2002
510PLAYA said:
Why should Sway do a show about the bay area rap scene? When they are doin shows about artist'ss in Memphis and Houston they have rappers who push 100,000 plus units indy. Nobody is coming close to that in the bay. And lets not even talk about ATL artist's. Thats why those south cites get more luv cause they push units.

thats exactly right... in XXL they put that Messy Marv does 20K indie sometimes, that aint shit compared to independent artists in the South, shit those H-Town cats sell more than that just in their own city... there's way less black people in California, that's the difference.

Apr 25, 2002
eastbayrider510 said:
^^^what the fuck does it matter if there is less blacks in cali?....chicanos and every1 else support rap....so if they cant sell its cuz theres no black folkerz?....huh?!
That matters a whole lot. U have cali which is diveresed as fuck compared to the south and u have the south which has a larger amount of blacks. Now for a rapper that comes out in the south he has full support of the black dollar. Now in cali its not like that. and not a majority of chicano's is goin to go out and buy a Frontline or san quinn Cd everytime it comes out. In the south they have a sayin " We support or own". Black Folkers help u get in the door and everybody else support helps u remain

Apr 25, 2002
eastbayrider510 said:
^^^what the fuck does it matter if there is less blacks in cali?....chicanos and every1 else support rap....so if they cant sell its cuz theres no black folkerz?....huh?!
I made a new post about this.

But basically, of course a lot of young chicanos, filipinos, whiteys, and everybody else buys Bay rap, but if I had to guess I'd say it's less than a majority of ANY of those groups, which means that it's way less than a comparable population of young black folks.

In other words, in a city like Atlanta there's also whites, Latinos, etc. buying local hip hop. But there's also a lot more black people supporting it. Other ethnic groups in the Bay don't make up the difference there.

Jun 27, 2003
well, also, the bay area isn't exactly a BIG area compared to a lot of places in the south. Also, there's HELLA "rappers" compared to the number of rap fans. Still, the bay has a unique sound and I think it definitely warrants recognition.

Apr 25, 2002
eastbayrider510 said:
well i seen it with my own eyes on the televsion homie....chicanos are the number 1 supports or hip hop..amd i kno kats are gonna say im wrong..but it was a black duke who said it .
Well if thats the case, then with number of chicanos in cali everybody who drops should do 100,000 easy if chicanos are the #1 supporter of hip hop

Jun 5, 2005
510PLAYA said:
That matters a whole lot. U have cali which is diveresed as fuck compared to the south and u have the south which has a larger amount of blacks. Now for a rapper that comes out in the south he has full support of the black dollar. Now in cali its not like that. and not a majority of chicano's is goin to go out and buy a Frontline or san quinn Cd everytime it comes out. In the south they have a sayin " We support or own". Black Folkers help u get in the door and everybody else support helps u remain
NA HOMIE THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THE SOUTH PULLS FOR EACH OTHER ESPECIALLY IN THE ATL .HERE EVERYBODY ON THIS BULLSHIT THAT IF YOU AIN'T FROM THERE HOOD OR CITY I AIN'T TO MUCH FUCKIN WITH IT. OR WANNA DISCREDITED SOMEONE BECAUSE THEIR MUSIC IS FELT ALL OVER INSTEAD OF A SIX BLOCK STRETCH.