Mpc 1000

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 25, 2006
quick question..
should i buy the mpc 1000
i already have reason 3.0 and an axiom 49
but the redrum machine on reason is, to me, stiff
would the mpc 1000 be a good choice considering that i like to sample and make drum beats?

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
D Nut said:
quick question..
would the mpc 1000 be a good choice considering that i like to sample and make drum beats?
yes..very good option lots of hand s on control....Id consider a used mpc3000..less features but overall samples sound better in my not so humble opinion...

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Reason isnt stiff if you dont program your drums to the 1/16th note inside the machine. If you dont know how to use an MPC right your shit will sound stiff and rigid too believe that. Having an MPC doesnt automatically make people beat making gods. You have to learn your equipment whether its hardware or software

I wouldnt mind an MPC just for the feel of quality pro gear though. I love the feel of those pads

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Fuck that...here is what you do..

1.break open your piggy bank and get all your money together.
2.pedal your bike to the bank where your parents opened up an account for you and draw out all $35
3.pedal as fast as you can to the nearest guitar center...and dont stop at taco bell and trick your money off on them burritos..
4.Wait all night at the front door until they open at 10 A.M.
(make sure you dont leave for a second or someone may take your spot)
5.when the doors open run as fast as you can to the pro audio dept...kind of like you were running to get willy wonkas golden ticket.
Now if you are lucky they may have a box of fruity loops for ya...

Apr 25, 2002
D Nut said:
quick question..
I got a brand new MPC 2500 I'm trying to sell if your looking to cop something. It also comes with a one year warranty.....

Apr 25, 2002
jayda650 said:
^ how much? Why are you selling it? That is one lovley piece.
$1700, but I'm willing to work with someone on the price if they are serious. I want to expand and upgrade my setup so that's why I'm getting this one off....

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I wish I could buy it, I've had my eye on one for a minute. I think I need to upgrade in other areas first though. I think one of those wont do me a whole lot of good without some more external gear. It would probably be the last piece of my master plan project studio lol. one piece at a time

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
so if you make crappy beats with an MPC, then what? you gonna buy something else or hang it up? Honestly people think getting a box with some pads on it is gonna make em kanye or some shit. There is still people making hits with the old ass ASR-10. its not the gear its how you use it

fuck it thoug if you have the bread and you really want one give it a shot. My deal with those is I wouldnt want to get one unless it was a 2500 because I want the 10 analog outs that the 1000 doesnt have, the 1000 has 4 unbalanced outs. . I would spend my money on alot of things before i'd drop 2 grand plus ram upgrades and shit for a 2500 though

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
why dont you use the pads on the axium? Why would you get that controller and not use them? I wouldnt use my mouse to program my drums either

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
^ when you track your redrum to the sequencer, click on the redrum sequencer track, and then go to 'edit mode' when you do this, the drum lane should already appear, click off everything else, expand the drum lane window, and do this

1. click off the magnet sign next to the grid size, and set the grid to 1/64 (so now your percussion isn't restricted). Remember what the grid size was before you change it, because you'll need to put it back after.

2. now move your zoom bar all the way to the left

3. now you can move freely your percussion to make it less 'stiff'

4. then click the magnet to 'on' and reset the grid back to it's normal setting (be it bar, 1/2 whatever you had it on) then all you need to do is delete your unwanted blocks, and copy and paste your amended ones in their place.

i do this, takes no time at all, and kind of fun to see what kind of sound you get.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
shit i just use my padkontrol, i hate programming shit on a 16 step. its a pain in the ass. Before i had the pads i'd do it on my keys. I only programmed them in when i first got started. its too time consuming for me. Then I quantize fiddling with the settings a little bit so its not all 16th note stiff all the time. Fuck it sometimes i like it like that too depends on what im doing. I can't wait till reason 4 comes out and i'll have more control of the swing

good tip though sip, i'm gonna have to try that