Most Surprising/Most Dissapointing Release thus far...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 5, 2002
i was suprised that Kurupt - The Streetz iz a Mutha was so good. i was just in the record store one day and i didnt see nothin else so i picked up the Kurupt and it turned out to be a great cd.

Apr 25, 2002
Tenkamenin said:

Really, you have missed out on some Bay Classics like "The Jacka of the Mob Figaz" and many many more.
For real? I heard that album was fuckin gay....even worse than the AP.9 album. Im waiting for a Fed-X solo...hes the tightest outta all of em.

Apr 25, 2002
YoungVicious said:

For real? I heard that album was fuckin gay....even worse than the AP.9 album. Im waiting for a Fed-X solo...hes the tightest outta all of em.
Someone lied to you...Because The Jacka of the MobFigaz is probably one of the hardest releases in 2002 thus far.

You need to go check it out, I think "Die Young" is one of the hardest beats in 2002. It's a shame because I think that song if it had a radio version could be hot state wide. Same with the song "Hey Girl", and "1,2,3"

Apr 25, 2002
MrWillyWanker said:
i was suprised that Kurupt - The Streetz iz a Mutha was so good. i was just in the record store one day and i didnt see nothin else so i picked up the Kurupt and it turned out to be a great cd.

Yeah that CD is tight as fuck. One of the best CD's from 1999......

Jun 13, 2002
my most suprising is - richie rich - "nixon, pryor, roundtree" (i thought this would be another basic bay album, but it had more heat than i expected)

most disappointing - the jacka (this album was OK, but the jacka has come waay better lyrically, and production was kinda shitty at times)

187isjusta#

You smoking. The Jacka was the sickest release this year. Its better than Richie Rich album.

Apr 25, 2002
most surprising: nocturnal hustlers - might be the most slept on album of the year if fools don't start taking their heads out of their asses and picking this up.

most disappointing: hollow and mic-c - 2sav - the production sucked for the most part. very very disappointing.

as for the sac-a-indo - its funny to me how people will say they dont feel hollis' production cause its boring or always sounds the same and STILL don't feel it when he switches it up and comes with some different shit. in my opinion the x-raided and kingpen is the best album out right now in part due to its EXCELLENT production. and to whoever said they heard the jacka's album sucked, i suggest giving it a chance - it's one of the best albums out of the bay during the past couple of years.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
and to whoever said they heard the jacka's album sucked, i suggest giving it a chance - it's one of the best albums out of the bay during the past couple of years.

To me its still the best ablum out. I LOVE IT....

Well Til Tomarrow :classic:

Apr 25, 2002
Aright, I gotta take my shit back. I like the new Sac A Indo. Im not really dissapointed with it. I think Raided's lyrics are heated as fuck and Kingpen aint too bad either. I still think the beats could have been much better, it seems like Hollis uses a lot of the same sounds over and over.

Jun 16, 2002
the new nas and the game was surprising i just thought it was gunna be nuthin special like the majority of the getlow releases.

the new blac was the most dissapointing i loved his first ones lyrics and beats were right on the new one sux tho

Apr 25, 2002
4sDeuces&Trays said:

this is your brains on drugs.... any questions??

LOL but for real, if sac-a-indo has EXCELLENT production, i'd hate to see what u would call HORRIBLE production
AND for the record let me say that i like sac-a-indo's production MORE than budwiza's! haha...i listened to that budwiza like 10 times today and i have to admit that i was a little disappointed. there are some knockers, but it wasnt as tight as you made it out to be. i can listen to the sac-a-indo ALL THE WAY THROUGH, no skips. regardless i'm glad i picked that budwiza up (its a tight album) and thanks again for the tip.