MOS DEF - TRUE MAGIC

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jon_E

Sicc OG
Nov 27, 2006
certifiedhiphop.blogspot.com
Up to track 6 right now, and the album's mad boring. The beats are often drowning out Mos' monotone raps, I mean it ain't as 'farfetched' as The New Danger...but this album just simply isn't good. The beats sound nothing like what Mos usually raps over, and it don't suit him.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: Wow this album is simply boring as fuck, 'Murder Of A Teenage Life' was good. Meaning there's two good tracks on the album, other then that it's a fucking snoozfest.

*Goes back to More Fish & The Inspiration*

Apr 25, 2002
this is why i love the fact we can dl albums and check them out, it forces artists to put out good quality albums and not release bull shit and get our hard earned $ for nothing.....mos def is capable of putting out quality shit, dude has just lost his mind.............young jeezy can get my $, mos def can suck my dick..............racist ass fucker anyway

Jul 9, 2002
The new danger wasnt bad to me, it was different and took a few spins to get used to the rock music. New Danger and Common's Electric Circus arent bad albums, just artists trying new things and I dig both efforts. Everyone album cant be Ressurection or Black on Both Sides.

This new album is zzzzzzzzzzzzz, rumor has it that he just threw this together to get out of his contract, so I'll give him a pass on this one.

Feb 8, 2003
JazzFan said:
This new album is zzzzzzzzzzzzz, rumor has it that he just threw this together to get out of his contract, so I'll give him a pass on this one.

Thats no excuse. Why make bullshit for your fans to antiocipate just to get out of a contract. he could have atleast dropped 4 bangers on this theres not even one

Feb 4, 2005
i was lookin forward to this album, yall sayin it sucks??!! damn i gota check it out myself it everyones sayin itz that bad no ones even defending it.

on a side note if yall like Mos Def check out his four cd set called : we are hiphop you me everybody. Shit has some classics, unreleased shit & unheard remixs aswell as a few new tracks, shits dope and you can get it for like $15-$20.

Dec 2, 2005
does anyone know the production? i know neptunes did murder of a teenage life...but i heard k. west did one too and rich harrison...

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Albums like this are the reason why intelligent hip-hop doesn't sell - it just sucks, despite the lyrical abilities of the artist

when you hear 5 such albums from otherwise very respected rappers you don't want to hear any more