MOS DEF CALLz OUT THOzE CLAIM'N "BEST RAPPER ALIVE"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 16, 2003
Mos Def gets it done....I think the idea is sound since everyone wants to claim to be the GOAT. I say if you think your the shit then prove it in your group of peers. Plus the charity aspect is dope. If you gonna talk shit a least let someone benifit from it.

I doubt this will happen but It would be dope to see

Dec 4, 2006
he do got a point though..

Jay-Z the best rapper alive? GTFO..

i can drop a list of 20 MC's from the past and present that shit on Jay-Z on the lyrical tip...

Feb 8, 2003
I remember when Mos def was trying to be anti white and all black when he first dropped and the black community didnt accept him that well then he turned around a married a white lady who used to be a tricking stripper. what a hypicritical lame lame

Sep 22, 2006
^^What the hell is this guy talking about?

Mos Def was never "anti white" nor was he ever married to a "white girl". She may have been half, but she definately wasn't white.

Where did you get that the black community didnt accept him? Not only is he one of the few underground rappers to have a Gold plaque under his belt, but he's also one of the most respected underground rappers. Mos BEEN proved himself all through the early to mid 90's, he was known for his ability to freestyle off top. People don't understand that his first few albums (Black Star, Black on Both sides) were YEARS in the making. What makes him a hypocrite?

Sep 22, 2006
he's really not worth checking...he's got skills and a nice buzz but, like mos def, has very little versatility.
WTF? Mos Def not versatile? Are you serious? Not only does he constantly switch his flow up, but his songs cover a wide variety of topics. All of his albums are completely different, he also sings while fusing hip hop with other genre's of music. That's pretty versatile especially by rap/hip hop standards these days.

Don't listen to this guy, Jay Electronica is nice, he has a mixtape out called "What the Fuck is a Jay Electronica" out or you can check out the track "Exhibit A" if you want to hear his best track so far.

Feb 8, 2003
^^What the hell is this guy talking about?

Mos Def was never "anti white" nor was he ever married to a "white girl". She may have been half, but she definately wasn't white.

I dont never lie about shit and i can always back it up.

Yes he was he was all bout the blacks and made remarks here and there just like kweli did. He married a white girl you dumb mutahfucka go do the research she a white girl from canada fuck a tan im talking bout her race. He met the bitch when she was working at the strip club he tricked that night fell in love and married her the next day. She known as superhead 2 also Pharell and other rappers used to fuck her when she was at they video shoots and NBA players used to run trains on her it was on the e hollywood story about hip hop artists wifes.

Mos Def beat her too dude is no better then chris brown only reason they not talking about his case is bc majority of people dont give a shit about him.

Now heres the some new info for you its nice to catch up on events

June 30, 2008. MediaTakeOut.com told you weeks ago that Mos Def's baby mother Alana Wyatt-Smith was writing a scathing tell all, but who knew she's be telling all this. Alana, who is a former stripper and who admits to "dating" dozens of NBA players, dishes dirt about her abusive relationship with the hip hop actor.

In an interview with the Toronto Star, Alana made some explosive claims. Including the following:

That Mos Def Abused Her

She said she filed for divorce in October following what she claimed was a loud argument that got out of control while they were in Brazil, where Mos Def was filming a movie.

“I don’t believe that his intent was to hurt me, I believe that he was trying to prove a point,” she said. “But I had shared and cried with him many nights about my past (abusive) situation and I asked of him not to do that, because it brings back memories; so I found it to be more disrespectful, because he knew what I had been through.”

Wyatt-Smith said she didn’t press charges because she didn’t “want to cause problems” in the hopes that his outburst was “a first and last.”

That Mos Def Won't Grant Her A Divorce

“He won’t sign the papers,” she said. “He told my lawyer if he can’t have me, nobody else will.”

That Mos Def Married Her After She Got It Poppin' With Kanye West

“[Mos Def] had asked me if I would attend a MuchMusic performance featuring Kanye West. Now, that was a little awkward because a year prior I had met Kanye in Vegas and we had a moment! ... “Much to my surprise, Mos introduced me as his wife.”

The next day, August 17, 2005, the pair were married at Toronto City Hall.

We can't wait to read the whole book....

The Hip Hop community felt a break in its beat as the Confessions of a Video Vixen, a first major tell-all book from Karrine “Superhead” Steffans first released in 2005. The book provides insight into Steffans’ tortured past while outlining her escapades, trials and tribulations as a video girl in the overly-misogynistic and competitively materialistic world of commercial Hip Hop. A year later, the mother of Nas’s child and Jay-Z’s former lover, Carmen Bryan, released her own literary exhibition, It’s No Secret. Despite the negative and one-sided labels attached to both Steffans and Bryan, one fact remains: they have exposed the vulnerability, and inadequacy of some of the best of the best in industry while challenging the validity of their character and even, appeal. The books forced the media to take a look at the commercial aspects of the Hip Hop industry as it firmly stands in its comfortable nest of greed and misogyny. A year later, the eagle strikes again.

This time it comes by way of an intriguing Canadian whose resume includes the bullets of a writer, a video model (who can forget Snoop and Pharrell’s “Drop it Like it’s Hot?”), a real estate agent and a mother of a seven-year old son whom she shares with Canadian rapper Saukrates. Alana Wyatt-Smith, also known as “Mrs. Mos Def” in her recent memoir, Breaking the Code of Silence, describes various relationships she has had with NBA players (including Antawn Jamison and Jermaine O’Neal) as well as abuse allegations against her husband, rapper/actor Mos Def. The book expands to outline Mrs. Wyatt-Smith’s childhood and teen years including sexual and physical abuse, as well as objectified roles in which she was starring various leads including stripper and one night stand, as well as girlfriend and wife. HipHopDX catches up with Mrs. Mos Def to decipher her intentions for the book, the harsh double-standard in the entertainment industry and the night with the traveling man that led her to filing for divorce.

http://raphiphopmusic.suite101.com/article.cfm/superhead_ii_mos_defs_wife_writes_book

Feb 7, 2006
ol girl dont look white, she look mixed -i seen a pic of her before and she looked mixed then too, and just cuz you pro-black doesn't mean you anti-white.

Feb 8, 2003
that ho aint white she mixed
they said on thats show she white and from canada(she may have a lil italian or french but she not black for sure alot of canadian caucasin ladies do look darker though i know bc ive fucked some in my lifetime. point is he was screaming black this black that all teh time.

Andre3000 used to fuck her too. This what happens when you try to wifey up a hoe from teh strip club.

Feb 7, 2006
I dont know when you see her wit braids and non-straighten hwir she looked mixed, but yeah the nigg mos isn't anti-white, but I feel you if he talkin bout brown skin lady but fuckin anad wifin strippin ass white hos, and I heard the nigga got mad baby mommas

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
He need to sit his jealous ass down somewhere. he got lyrics but that shit not cutting it to the majority he in a no win situation I know he talking bout Lil Wayne, jay-z or eminem point is he cant win up against them bc they fan base way tooo big.
What does fan base got to do with being an emcee????

That was one of the most ignorant post I have read.

So in your world X-Raided couldn't in your words "win up" against lets say Solider Boy because his fan base is bigger, alright buddy what ever you say.

Some people just dont know shit about Hip Hop and its culture, I understand some of you just listen to some rap music but if thats the case dont speak on things you cant comprehend.

Feb 8, 2003
I heard the nigga got mad baby mommas

Yeah when i pulled them articles up i also read he has 7 -8 kids and he is in trouble right now for failure to pay child support

What does fan base got to do with being an emcee???? What does fan base got to do with being an emcee????

That was one of the most ignorant post I have read.

What im saying is the one with teh bigger fan base and more support is the one who word is more powerful. Look at nelly and krs one for example. Or your broke ass up against lyor cohens you'll never win.

Now im done posting in this thread I said what i had too so dont quote me no more

Feb 7, 2006
I was reading some shit on XXL and some people said that before she set her myspace to private, she had on there that she was of black/african descent...I think the ho mixed, she just be jumpin around from black to white to suit her greedy tramp ass. not even mediterranean whites look like her.