Mortal Kombat

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 27, 2008
They didn't even have the decency to do the Robert Englund Freddy.
i was disappointed when i saw it was the new freddy. i'm sure that was one of warner bros stipulations though. i'll still buy the shit, cuz its freddy & it looks like they did a good job with it. but that last non-englund krueger movie was nothing special. robert englund IS the definitive freddy krueger, there's no way around it.

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
^ Nah I think he was included in the mandatory software update (which was basically a compatability pack for all the DLC) the 100k was simply the unlock file...

Sucks to hear u ain't feelin him...I was hopin he'd be the olskoo Freddy myself...

I'm still gonna cop tho lol

Oct 27, 2008
^ Nah I think he was included in the mandatory software update (which was basically a compatability pack for all the DLC) the 100k was simply the unlock file...
this. he wasnt already on the disc.

i only played around for a few minutes after DLing Freddy. seems cool though. yeah, no thought into the x-ray i guess, but its still better than skarlet's.

Aug 11, 2005
A Freddy that doesn't talk is just wrong! They should've used Robert Englund's face, this Freddy looks too much like an alien.

Do you guys think he's the last DLC? I used to believe that they would add more characters, but a lot of people are saying he's the last one. They'll probably make more costumes, they won't be free tho.

Oct 27, 2008
i figured they were gonna do jason still & drop that one around halloween. i know that freddy's supposed to be the last DLC for the summer, that they said they were gonna take a little break.

i dont think the DLC will fully end until we have a cyber-smoke.

Aug 11, 2005
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection coming AUG 31st

In an extensive article and interesting interview with the Official Xbox Magazine, Ed Boon, co-creator of Mortal Kombat, spoke briefly about NetherRealm Studio's plans for the future installments in the successful franchise. From the interview:

"We’re going to at least have a conversation about a sequel, but we certainly haven’t started or planned out anything,” offers Boon. “I would love to see another one come out in the not-too-distant future. At the same time, I personally wouldn’t want to release one really fast — like next year — because I think you can oversaturate [the market], especially having released a game that’s doing exceptionally well. I would really want to give it time to breathe"

It appears that work on MK 10 hasn't began and that NRS seems to be serious about "exploring other opportunities beyond the fighting genre" (as they told OXM in their interview).

Whether this refers to a new non-fighting game based on Mortal Kombat or a completely new series-franchise is yet to be confirmed. For now, we can all be happy to know that a sequel to MK(2011) is definitely likely and that one of their main priorities is the quality of the game.

On another note, Mortal Kombat's Official Facebook Page has confirmed that the Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection will be available for download this August 31st. Warner Bros. has issued a press release:

Welcome back to where it all began! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announces the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will officially be available for download worldwide on August 31, 2011. Launching on PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC, this will mark the first time the original Mortal Kombat arcade trilogy - Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - have been brought together in a single collection.

The Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will be available for £6.29 on PlayStation Network and PC or for 800 Microsoft Points. Developed by Other Ocean in conjunction with NetherRealm studios, the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will feature online play, leader boards, achievements and trophies, as well as offering fans the chance to play through the games in their original arcade state. For more information about Mortal Kombat, please visit www.themortalkombat.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mortalkombat or on Twitter @MK_Mortalkombat

Rigo Cortez, from NetherRealm Studios has told us that some new footage covering the MK: Arcade Kollection will be released today by Pulse PlayStation, so, keep a look out for coming updates!

**Edit** US Release Date is August 30