MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
aside from men's LW, womens BW is my favorite class. i fuck with all the top 15 besides Carmouche, and i'm not really on Germaine de Randamie. plus non top 15'ers Leslie Smith, Ashee Evans Smith, and Julie Kedzie. these chicks go in. Ronda Rousey makes the title run boring imo cus it's a strikers division and i don't think no one can see her on the ground, except Marion Reneau, and maybe Irene Aldana when UFC signes her. Ronda Rousey is a good mma fighter but i wish the chick would retire.

Feb 10, 2006
lol, how is she boring? She's DOMINATING these girls in brutal fashion! If this is so much of a strikers division then why do these girls tend to grapple with her then? All these girls have so much striking but yet they don't use it, they always end up playing in Ronda's hands. Every time...

Apr 25, 2002
lol, how is she boring? She's DOMINATING these girls in brutal fashion! If this is so much of a strikers division then why do these girls tend to grapple with her then? All these girls have so much striking but yet they don't use it, they always end up playing in Ronda's hands. Every time...
i don't think she's boring, i think she makes the division boring cus i don't think anyone has a chance, except for the 2 that i named. i don't care how good of a striker, or how much power some chick has, Rousey will go in there and take shots to take the chick to the ground and finish her. she didn't stand and trade for the sake of standing and trading with McMann or Davis. Reneau and Aldana are more well rounded, as far as striking and BJJ than anybody in the division. they'd be able to read an armbar better than any other chick, not meaning off bat that they can beat her. Leslie Smith is official Skrap Pack, which is irrelevant in a fight with Rousey at this point, but she's also a Gracie Fighter, so she may have a chance too, but she's too slow. so though i like watching her fight, and she is highly entertaining, she only has 2 "good" fights. Tate 2 and Carmouche.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I don't know if you guys heard, but Wes Sims and Mark Coleman's people put up a gofundme for him so he can raise money for all of his surgeries he needs, apparently he's been in and out of surgery over the last year and he just went back in again on Monday. Anyway good guy Mark Hunto donated $5,000. Another reason Mark Hunt is one of my favorite fighters.

Here's the link to the gofundme

Save The Hammer by Wes Sims - GoFundMe

Apr 25, 2002
They need to add a women 145 division or whatever... that would make things a bit more competitive - and bring more challengers to the table.
UFC wanted to sign Talita Nogueira, but as 135. she went to Bellator and they got 145's. she can give Rousey a run for her money on the ground. there's also some 115's in the UFC that can probably give Rousey problems on the ground. Jessica Penne, Randa Markos. and Michelle Waterson and Alexa Grasso who ain't UFC yet.

i'd love to see a real ground battle involving Rousey.

Apr 25, 2002
CSAC confirms positive test for Bellator's Alexander Shlemenko, cites multiple violations

The California State Athletic Commission today confirmed that ex-Bellator MMA middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko failed a pre-fight test stemming from his appearance this past month at Bellator 133.

CSAC Executive Director Andy Foster told MMAjunkie that Shlemenko is suspended for two drug violations – one more than previously reported. Foster declined to reveal what was found in Shlemenko’s system, citing state privacy laws.

Foster, however, said he will pursue the maximum punishment allowed by the commission given the “egregious” nature of the fighter’s offenses. Shlemenko has the right to appeal the suspension.

On Monday night, MMAjunkie reported that Shlemenko was found with a “significantly elevated” testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio. In addition to a suspension, he faces fines and the overturning of a win at Bellator 133, which took place at Save Mart Center in Fresno, Calif.

Shlemenko (52-9 MMA, 12-3 BMMA) who lost the middleweight title this past September to Brandon Halsey, added footage to his highlight reel at the Feb. 13 event with a spinning backfist knockout of MMA fighter and former kickboxer Melvin Manhoef (29-13-1 MMA, 1-2 BMMA). The second-round stoppage was voted the MMAjunkie’s “Knockout of the Month.”

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Makes me cringe when dudes who pop for steroids knock people out.

Still remember King Mo completely brutalizing Lorenz Larkin and then popping hot after the fight.

Although I'm pretty sure Melvin hasn't exactly been clean during his career lol

Apr 25, 2002
Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Correia targeted for UFC 190 in Rio de Janeiro

It appears as though Ronda Rousey is heading to enemy territory for her next title defense.

Brazilian outlets Tatame and Globo are reporting that Rousey versus Bethe Correia for the UFC women's bantamweight title will headline UFC 190 on Aug. 1 in Rio de Janeiro, and MMAFighting.com has since confirmed the news with sources close to the situation. The event is expected to take place at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro.

Correia (9-0) has been campaigning for a shot at the UFC title after beating two of Rousey’s teammates last year, earning decision victories over Jessamyn Duke and scoring a second-round TKO against Shayna Baszler.

Rousey (11-0) recently defended her 135-pound title in February, submitting Cat Zingano in 14 seconds. Her last three title defenses have lasted a combined 1:36, which includes quick knockout finishes over Alexis Davis and Sara McMann. Correira flew to Los Angeles from Brazil to witness the win in person.

"That's what I want to do," Rousey told the Jay Mohr Sports about fighting Correia. "I want to go and fight her in Brazil and beat her in her hometown. That would be the best way I could really feel like I've vindicated my friends, to go to her hometown and beat her in her hometown and be total Rocky IV on it."

"I beat her little friends in the United States, one of them in her hometown, so it’s a chance for Ronda to come try to avenge her losses," Correia responded to MMAFighting.com. "Ronda got pissed that I beat them in front of her. I hope Ronda was a good friend, that she supported her friends when they lost to me, because she will need a shoulder to cry on after I beat her."

"She said she wants to teach me a lesson in Brazil, that she’s going to put a finger in my face -- and we all know which finger. But I’ll tell you one thing. She is dealing with a woman with attitude this time," she continued. "I’m not Miesha Tate, who only laughed when she did that. If she comes with that, I will break her finger. I won’t let her do to me what she did to Miesha Tate. Don’t come to my country putting your finger in my face or you’re getting into trouble."

Feb 10, 2006
Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Correia targeted for UFC 190 in Rio de Janeiro

It appears as though Ronda Rousey is heading to enemy territory for her next title defense.

Brazilian outlets Tatame and Globo are reporting that Rousey versus Bethe Correia for the UFC women's bantamweight title will headline UFC 190 on Aug. 1 in Rio de Janeiro, and MMAFighting.com has since confirmed the news with sources close to the situation. The event is expected to take place at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro.

Correia (9-0) has been campaigning for a shot at the UFC title after beating two of Rousey’s teammates last year, earning decision victories over Jessamyn Duke and scoring a second-round TKO against Shayna Baszler.

Rousey (11-0) recently defended her 135-pound title in February, submitting Cat Zingano in 14 seconds. Her last three title defenses have lasted a combined 1:36, which includes quick knockout finishes over Alexis Davis and Sara McMann. Correira flew to Los Angeles from Brazil to witness the win in person.

"That's what I want to do," Rousey told the Jay Mohr Sports about fighting Correia. "I want to go and fight her in Brazil and beat her in her hometown. That would be the best way I could really feel like I've vindicated my friends, to go to her hometown and beat her in her hometown and be total Rocky IV on it."

"I beat her little friends in the United States, one of them in her hometown, so it’s a chance for Ronda to come try to avenge her losses," Correia responded to MMAFighting.com. "Ronda got pissed that I beat them in front of her. I hope Ronda was a good friend, that she supported her friends when they lost to me, because she will need a shoulder to cry on after I beat her."

"She said she wants to teach me a lesson in Brazil, that she’s going to put a finger in my face -- and we all know which finger. But I’ll tell you one thing. She is dealing with a woman with attitude this time," she continued. "I’m not Miesha Tate, who only laughed when she did that. If she comes with that, I will break her finger. I won’t let her do to me what she did to Miesha Tate. Don’t come to my country putting your finger in my face or you’re getting into trouble."

Also, Shogun v Lil Nog as the co main event. Ten years later...

Apr 25, 2002
there's no way Bethe takes it. she a strong striker but she don't really finish fights. you aint beating Rousey if you don't finish her.

i was hoping they were gonna do Bethe Correia vs Jessica Eye for the shot. shit woulda been dope.