MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
I wanna see Anderson silva vs Jon Jones also. GSP says he has unfinished business with NICK DIAZ which is true. I think the ufc should have both fights on the same card, and the winners meet. Would be huge! Won't happen tho

Props: JLMACN
Feb 3, 2006
^^Just like Chal almost beat Silva in his 1st fight right?? Again Bones is bigger and has a wider wing span then Silva. If Silva doesn't hit Jones with something big and hurt him early , then Jones will wear him down and beat Silva up.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2004
While Bones' striking is good and versatile, it's nowhere on the level of Anderson Silva. Silva is a natural striker while Jones isn't. Jones is really good at using his reach and is solid standing up, but if he tries to stand with the Spider he would get KTFO. He can definitely win the fight on the ground tho.

Feb 10, 2006
^^just like chal almost beat silva in his 1st fight right?? Again bones is bigger and has a wider wing span then silva. If silva doesn't hit jones with something big and hurt him early , then jones will wear him down and beat silva up.

lol, yea exactly...silva said he was gonna submit him and he did just that.

Jun 22, 2012
MMA Top 10 Rankings

WOMEN’S POUND-FOR-POUND (all weight classes)
1. Ronda Rousey (1)
2. Miesha Tate (2)
3. Jessica Aguilar (3)
4. Sarah Kaufman (4)
5. Megumi Fujii (5)
6. Marloes Coenen (6)
7. Jessica Penne (7)
8. Rosi Sexton (8)
9. Alexis Davis (9)
10. Sara McMann (10)

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (over 205 pounds)
1. Junior dos Santos (1)
2. Cain Velasquez (2)
3. Daniel Cormier (3)
4. Fabricio Werdum (4)
5. Frank Mir (5)
6. Josh Barnett (6)
7. Stefan Struve (7)
8. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (8)
9. Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva (9)
10. Travis Browne (10)

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (205-pound limit)
1. Jon Jones (1)
2. Rashad Evans (2)
3. Lyoto Machida (4)
4. Phil Davis (5)
5. Alexander Gustafsson (6)
6. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (3)
7. Gegard Mousasi (7)
8. James Te Huna (8)
9. Ryan Bader (9)
10. Glover Teixeira (10)

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION (185-pound limit)
1. Anderson Silva (1)
2. Michael Bisping (2)
3. Vitor Belfort (3)
4. Chris Weidman (4)
5. Tim Boetsch (5)
6. Mark Munoz (6)
7. Alan Belcher (7)
8. Brian Stann (8)
9. Yushin Okami (9)
10. Luke Rockhold (10)

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION (170-pound limit)
1. Georges St-Pierre (1)
2. Johny Hendricks (2)
3. Carlos Condit (3)
4. Martin Kampmann (4)
5. Jake Ellenberger (5)
6. Rory MacDonald (9)
7. Josh Koscheck (6)
8. Jon Fitch (7)
9. Diego Sanchez (8)
10. Ben Askren (10)

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION (155-pound limit)
1. Benson Henderson (1)
2. Gilbert Melendez (2)
3. Gray Maynard (3)
4. Anthony Pettis (4)
5. Nate Diaz (5)
6. Michael Chandler (6)
7. Eddie Alvarez (7)
8. Clay Guida (8)
9. Donald Cerrone (9)
10. Shinya Aoki (10)

FEATHERWEIGHT DIVISION (145 pound-limit)
1. Jose Aldo (1)
2. Chad Mendes (2)
3. Erik Koch (3)
4. Chan Sung Jung (4)
5. Ricardo Lamas (5)
6. Hatsu Hioki (6)
7. Dustin Poirier (7)
8. Pat Curran (8)
9. Cub Swanson (9)
10. Daniel Straus (10)

BANTAMWEIGHT DIVISION (135 pounds or less)
1. Renan Barão (1)
2. Michael McDonald (2)
3. Urijah Faber (3)
4. Brad Pickett (4)
5. Bibiano Fernandes (5)
6. Masakatsu Ueda (6)
7. Raphael Assuncao (10)
8. Eddie Wineland (7)
9. Mike Easton (8)
10. Marcos Galvao (9)

FLYWEIGHT DIVISION (125 pounds or less)
1. Demetrious Johnson (1)
2. Joseph Benavidez (2)
3. John Dodson (3)
4. Ian McCall (4)
5. Jussier da Silva (5)
6. Shinichi “BJ” Kojima (6)
7. Darrell Montague (7)
8. Mamoru Yamaguchi (8)
9. John Moraga (9)
10. Chris Cariaso (10)

MMA Top 10 Rankings: Is Rory MacDonald the Next Georges St-Pierre? | MMAWeekly.com

Feb 3, 2006
lol, yea exactly...silva said he was gonna submit him and he did just that.
No you're not getting what I'm saying "Almost doing something doesn't mean anything". Chal almost beat Silva, but he still got choked out and lost the fight, just like Victor almost getting an armbar doesn't mean anything because he still get stopped and lost the fight.

But we can all agree without question The Spiderman has way better hands then Bones Jones..

I just think Bones can beat him if they fight.

Feb 10, 2006
yea i see what ur saying as well but my point was to if u take silva down he can submit you off his bacc, almost what vitor did, making it known that jones has flaws if he were to take you down against a bjj

Feb 10, 2006
Hector Lombard volunteers for injury replacement duty at UFC on FX 7

GOLD COAST, Australia – If Vitor Belfort is forced to withdraw from UFC on FX 7, Hector Lombard would like the UFC to call him – stat.

Lombard (32-3-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) called out Belfort's next scheduled opponent, Michael Bisping, after knocking out Rousimar Palhares on the first main-card bout of UFC on FX 6.

"I will jump in," Lombard told MMAjunkie.com (MMAjunkie.com*•*UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps).

Belfort (21-10 MMA, 10-6 UFC) and Bisping (23-4 MMA, 13-4 UFC) headline UFC on FX 7, which takes place at Ginasio Estadual Geraldo Jose de Almeida (Ginasio do Ibirapuera) in Sao Paulo.

If Belfort doesn't get hurt in preparation for the bout, Lombard said he'll wait to meet the winner.

It remains to be seen whether Bisping will oblige a meeting with the former champ. The Brit has been vocal in his desire to get a title shot and expected his most recent win, a decision over Brian Stann, to earn him one.

Lombard, who heckled Bisping in a recent interview, will lobby nonetheless for the fight. He got started on Saturday.

"I would love to fight Michael Bisping – he's said a lot of things about me lately and I want to settle it in the Octagon," Lombard said after knocking Palhares into orbit at the Gold Coast Convention Centre in Gold Coast, Australia.

Lombard's win over Palhares reversed a lackluster decision loss to Tim Boetsch at UFC 149

Feb 10, 2006
Pearson: Sotiropoulos punched coach, was knocked out in 'TUF' filming

GOLD COAST, Australia – Ross Pearson had his reasons for not shaking George Sotiropoulos' hand following his third-round TKO victory at UFC on FX 6.

Pearson (14-6 MMA, 6-3 UFC) told MMAjunkie.com (MMAjunkie.com*•*UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps) that Sotiropoulos (14-5 MMA, 7-3 UFC) punched his assistant boxing coach off-camera over a Twitter beef.

The boxing coach, Erin Beach, then knocked out Sotiropoulos.

"That's why I said I lost all respect for him, and that's why I didn't shake his hands afterward," Pearson said. "That's why I'm not his friend now – because he acted unprofessional."

Beach works out of the Alliance MMA training center in San Diego, where Pearson does his fight camps. He was unreachable for comment.

After knocking down Sotiropoulos several times in the UFC on FX 6 headliner, Pearson cinched his win with a stiff jab that took Sotiropoulos off his feet in the third round.

The two served as opposing coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter: Team Australia vs. Team U.K.," which concluded at UFC on FX 6 with the Australians and Brits splitting "TUF" crowns in the lightweight and welterweight divisions.

UFC on FX 6 took place Saturday at Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. The event's main card aired live on FX following prelims on FUEL TV.

Pearson couldn't remember exactly when the incident took place but said it was midway through filming, which, for the six-week filming, means it was in early August.

Pearson said he and Sotiropoulos had been arguing on Twitter, and Beach had inserted himself into the conversation at some point.

Pearson said Sotiropoulos blindsided Beach, who began fighting back. The incident happened "off-camera" on the reality show set in Sydney, he said.

The scrap drew an instant response from UFC President Dana White, who raised Pearson and his team on the phone.

"Dana chewed our heads off," Pearson said. "George was acting unprofessional. I get paid to fight; I don't fight in the streets for free."

While Sotiropoulos' alleged KO would not have fallen within a time frame to preclude him from competing against Pearson, it could have severely affected his preparation if he allowed himself to recover.

Sotiropoulos was "emotional" following his loss, which was his third straight inside the octagon, though the extent of his physical complications from the stoppage weren't known.

Apr 25, 2002
^^Just like Chal almost beat Silva in his 1st fight right?? Again Bones is bigger and has a wider wing span then Silva. If Silva doesn't hit Jones with something big and hurt him early , then Jones will wear him down and beat Silva up.
it remains to be seen that jon jones is as good of wrestler as chael. even tho chael was an alternate he still was an Olympic caliber wrestler . i dont think jones is as strong , also almost don't count when chael got caught in a triangle . i dont think jones is anywhere near the level of striking , i think jones's jiujitsu is questionable vitor exposed that.

this is off subject but why the fuck does everyone have a hard on for hendricks ? he's like robby lawler or josh koschek reincarnated , except koschek actually has decent kick boxing even tho he sometimes just stands there and tries to trade with people. him beating kos wasn't spectacular , it could of gone either way .i can gsp dismantling hendricks the way he did koschek