mixtape game is dead?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

X-NINE

Chi-Illinois
Sep 16, 2006
CHICAGO
Yall have got to fuckin kiddin yallselves

Without no mixtape circuit how the fuck is new talent, or upcoming talent going to be heard, despite the quality of some mixtapes? Without that shit, how can you gain some type of buzz off of youre music? Fuck that, Papoose been rappin for mad long, yet it took him to release 101020203 mixtapes startin from 04' and all of a sudden niggas is talking about him..... Yall need to re-think this 'fuck mixtapes' shit imo, Because for regions like the bay area and shit like that, the mixtape game is essential for dudes on the come up and to promote shit...Not only do they serve as great promotional devices, but brings anticipation for the real album depending on how well the artists lyrics appeal to whichever crowd.......Now I do think on the other hand the mixtape game in NY kinda fucked up rite now where you got majority of the niggas on them rappin about punchlines and moving bricks, the shit gets tired as a mothafucka, there is no denying that.....the mixtapes these artists like Papoose, Crooked I, Tru Life is droppin mite be distractin them from releasin an actuall new album, but removing the mixtape game would seriously leave the rap game unbalanced to a degree.....Tru there would be some benefits it would do for rap, but at the same time, artists that would want to get out there is gonna have some hard time tryin to get some promotion without it.....Just as long as they actually drop the album and not waste 90% of they tale nt on the tapes and half ass a full album

1ne

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
rap was at its best BEFORE there the mixtapes

if anything mixtapes are not helping promote new artists, they're killing the originality

the reason why everybody these days have the same flow and more or less the same beats is that most of these rappers started rapping over hte same mainstream beats on mixtapes

Jul 21, 2005
snypamuzicc.blogspot.com
ThaG said:
rap was at its best BEFORE there the mixtapes

if anything mixtapes are not helping promote new artists, they're killing the originality

the reason why everybody these days have the same flow and more or less the same beats is that most of these rappers started rapping over hte same mainstream beats on mixtapes
exactly, and y would some1 wanna rap over some shitty ass beats anyways

Dec 9, 2005
X-NINE said:
Yall have got to fuckin kiddin yallselves

Without no mixtape circuit how the fuck is new talent, or upcoming talent going to be heard, despite the quality of some mixtapes? Without that shit, how can you gain some type of buzz off of youre music? Fuck that, Papoose been rappin for mad long, yet it took him to release 101020203 mixtapes startin from 04' and all of a sudden niggas is talking about him..... Yall need to re-think this 'fuck mixtapes' shit imo, Because for regions like the bay area and shit like that, the mixtape game is essential for dudes on the come up and to promote shit...Not only do they serve as great promotional devices, but brings anticipation for the real album depending on how well the artists lyrics appeal to whichever crowd.......Now I do think on the other hand the mixtape game in NY kinda fucked up rite now where you got majority of the niggas on them rappin about punchlines and moving bricks, the shit gets tired as a mothafucka, there is no denying that.....the mixtapes these artists like Papoose, Crooked I, Tru Life is droppin mite be distractin them from releasin an actuall new album, but removing the mixtape game would seriously leave the rap game unbalanced to a degree.....Tru there would be some benefits it would do for rap, but at the same time, artists that would want to get out there is gonna have some hard time tryin to get some promotion without it.....Just as long as they actually drop the album and not waste 90% of they tale nt on the tapes and half ass a full album

1ne

I hear you.

But...

Since when was getting a buzz going more important than putting out quality music...?

X-NINE

Chi-Illinois
Sep 16, 2006
CHICAGO
MOREBASS said:
I hear you.

But...

Since when was getting a buzz going more important than putting out quality music...?
Promotion is as just as important as the music, no matta if its shitty or not....yes you can be a trash emcee and still get promoted well thru the tapes, but if there is some emcee goin putting out quality music and promoting it with mixtapes, its all good too....There will still be some wack niggas spittin bullshit, while theres niggas actually comin out with some unique shit, that shit rite there is beyond my control, so aint nothin more ya cud do but hope for the better

I didnt say the music wasnt important, I was stressing the point that promotion does matter if youre seriously considering making moves in this game......

Ya cant have one without the other

Jul 21, 2005
snypamuzicc.blogspot.com
X-NINE said:
Promotion is as just as important as the music, no matta if its shitty or not....yes you can be a trash emcee and still get promoted well thru the tapes, but if there is some emcee goin putting out quality music and promoting it with mixtapes, its all good too....There will still be some wack niggas spittin bullshit, while theres niggas actually comin out with some unique shit, that shit rite there is beyond my control, so aint nothin more ya cud do but hope for the better

I didnt say the music wasnt important, I was stressing the point that promotion does matter if youre seriously considering making moves in this game......

Ya cant have one without the other
it was done good back in da day without tapes, but most mc that drop a tape over does it and now them shitty tapes are getting played out. now its not used as a promoting tool its used just as if it was an album

Dec 12, 2006
the mixtape game isn't dead, just flooded, which I guess is the same as dead in a way. Just cut it out w/ the mixtapes, drop some fuckin albums. If the mixtape game is dead, good, im tired of the shit anyway, just my opinion.