mixing & mastering/ who would you mess wit ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 6, 2006
not 100% required tho,i dig it,but i think some cats are confused,thats why i hire engineers from back east or down south..i got this connect in eurupe who is raw ass fuck...but its alot of things involved with the whole process of both instances...room acoustics,monitors,etc.

the bay got hella engineers tho who deals with high profile artist and labels(im talkin majors). i like poor man studios,they real koo out here

my school is dope ass fuck tho, million dollar studio,all my instructors got grammy awards,dope ass fuck

Jun 6, 2006
really tho,all mastering really is it prepares a final master format for replication or duplication,the mastering engineer is usally someone with a really good trianed ear for this line of work.they analyze the audio and make decisions as to the overall tone, level and dynamic range of the music as a whole, and then they balance them out....

like for instance, have yal ever heard one track that had more bass in it then the song after that? or the highs on one song was hella in consistent with those from the rest? that comes from not only bad mixing,but from the start of it all - which is the recording process and how you did everything from the gate,mastering is not a thing that you just must have to do,but in most cases people want to be able to stand up with the major competitors thats in the business...but see,whats mastering if yo recording was bad,and yo mix was fucked up..each needs to be handled seperatly.but femme,dont get caught up in the hyphy that u have to get mastering done

Feb 13, 2006
C.M.P CEO said:
if u have a great mix then u dont need to have your music mastered.i go to school for learning how to mix.

just like how u dont always need to use compressors or Eqs and shit,femme?

i kno its 2 different things,but u dont nesscarly have to have everything mastered
everything should be mastered. ask one of your teachers and they will tell you without mastering you are not going to have the best possible quality. alot of people think mastering is compressing and eqing and thats why alot of mastering engineers are bullshit compress the shit out of to make it louder and fuller.

Jun 6, 2006
all im sayin is that if everything was done solid in the begining then you wouldnt have to worry about it,its not written anywhere that u have to do it. i dont know everything not tryin to act like i do but some things just dont have to be done...true enuff your music can come up more over the essentially if you as the ones mixing it yourself..then having another set of good ears and clean up your work to get it to the highest that you probly wouldnt think it could go,then yea its worth it,thats all im sayin.

Feb 13, 2006
C.M.P CEO said:
really tho,all mastering really is it prepares a final master format for replication or duplication,the mastering engineer is usally someone with a really good trianed ear for this line of work.they analyze the audio and make decisions as to the overall tone, level and dynamic range of the music as a whole, and then they balance them out....

like for instance, have yal ever heard one track that had more bass in it then the song after that? or the highs on one song was hella in consistent with those from the rest? that comes from not only bad mixing,but from the start of it all - which is the recording process and how you did everything from the gate,mastering is not a thing that you just must have to do,but in most cases people want to be able to stand up with the major competitors thats in the business...but see,whats mastering if yo recording was bad,and yo mix was fucked up..each needs to be handled seperatly.but femme,dont get caught up in the hyphy that u have to get mastering done

the second paragraph makes no sense. obviously if you record the shit in your boys closet then its gonna be shitty. but if you go to sony studios in NY get perfect recording and mixing then you shouldnt get it mastered? so why does everyone that can afford it get their shit mastered?

Jun 6, 2006
whose to say that everyone does...if u did it in yo boys closet.just send off the seperate tracks and get it mixed,yo shit will come out soundin way more clearer,and will save u alot more money,...

Jun 6, 2006
iono i posted up what mastering was,just take the information and apply it to yo personal scenrios and budget,if u can afford it and see the need for it,go for it....but make sure yo mix is koo before u do that,give them something to work with.dont send them 2 tracks of yo shit and you got a cell phone going off that wasnt pose to get picked up by the microphone haha,now its stuck in the song...im talkin bout shit liek that,,but even still....

Jun 30, 2007
C.M.P CEO said:
whose to say that everyone does...if u did it in yo boys closet.just send off the seperate tracks and get it mixed,yo shit will come out soundin way more clearer,and will save u alot more money,...
I get what your sayin. The quality of the tracks are determined by the preproduction and the mixing. Mastering is important to me when Im working on a full album because I want all the songs to blend with each other.

Jun 6, 2006
Fully Clean said:
I get what your sayin. The quality of the tracks are determined by the preproduction and the mixing. Mastering is important to me when Im working on a full album because I want all the songs to blend with each other.

donedeal...as far as who does it real well and is located out here in the bay,i dunno cuz i havnt put out material that really needed it,(i.e nuthin on shelfs or set out to market as far as audio,,i had beats mixed by diff engineers but i do that all the time when i sale beats,different in my case...)

i be learning hella new microphone techniques that is so dope..especially with dealing with rappers who just are use to havin the mic dead in they face,i learned that doin that shit kinda fucks up yo recording...iono,im in school for it tho,tryin to learn as much as possible...my goal is to develop my first RnB artist someday..always wanted to move on to that genre

Jun 6, 2006
the lil group im workin with needs everything re recorded/remixed and mastered. cuz all they shit was recorded in a semi booth at a ymca....tracks was rendered raw from reason,2 tracked into pro-tools with compressors pumping and EQs while recording,so now we stuck with that shit,then got bad recordings over it.its just a hot mess.but see..we gotta cut sum shit like corners cuz they budget cant get all that for all they songs...so decisions have to be made..they paid for studio time for like 2 of they songs i think,but still the majority gotta get re done

Jun 6, 2006
yea i did some work for somebody a while back like a few years they gave me waves diamond bundle,and a pdf book on it for adobe reader....shit is dope ass fuck...i just been on this movie hyphy,aint been fuckin with music...i need to step my mxing game up

Apr 21, 2004
C.M.P CEO said:
not 100% required tho,i dig it,but i think some cats are confused,thats why i hire engineers from back east or down south..i got this connect in eurupe who is raw ass fuck...but its alot of things involved with the whole process of both instances...room acoustics,monitors,etc.

the bay got hella engineers tho who deals with high profile artist and labels(im talkin majors). i like poor man studios,they real koo out here

my school is dope ass fuck tho, million dollar studio,all my instructors got grammy awards,dope ass fuck

yeah thats who we fuck wit, dre at poor man.. frontline, laroo, lil ric, the team.. a few niggaz fuck wit dre at poor man