Mike Meezly? MTV mc battle2

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 26, 2002
www.facebook.com
ScottyFox said:
i wish A-wolf WAS in it.. he coulda took them cats... at least beat the Wreconize kid... but he wasnt around when it came time for the battle..and Locksmith turned us down....

wat U mean by "Locksmith turned us down".....what? U were gonna have him go out there again? lolol

Apr 25, 2002
www.BallerSignMusic.com
That's straight ridiculous KMEL would say he's the only one who would go! It should have been an open try out. If it was, then it sure wasn't promoted well enough because I know a ton of people who would have showed up. I don't care how hard Mike "repped the bay" with his shirt and shout outs, he didn't rep hard with his rhymes, and that's all that counts.

Nov 24, 2003
hey..i found out about the battle the same day it happened... dont blame me, blame the salesperson from Clear Channel corporate who dropped the ball in dealing with MTV.. besides, yall yell so much about how u DONT listen to us and we wack and all, how would u know if it was gonna happen anyways? if we do it again, it will be done right... the whole thing was BS in my opinion

Nov 28, 2002
i knew about the battles becaue mtv advertised them i was completely suprized to see a cat from the bay on there. and i didnt blame you bro i blamed KMEL in general. but i guess when you gotta blame KMEL for something, it really is clear channels fault. Chuy says the same shit about wanting to play bay shit but not being able to. Clear Channel is the reason no one from the bay makes it. They decide what goes on, and even tho i been hearin bay shit lately, its the same bay artists. It shows me a lot as a fan of hip-hop and bay area rap especially that a kmel dj would take the time to visit a bay area site...1 luv one day you will be able to do what ATL dj's are doin right now playin they own shit all day!!

Nov 24, 2003
Clear Channel has some say in what we play, but not ALL say..which is why we have some freedom to play BAY stuff. We will probably never play ALL bay stuff because realistically, thas not what everyone wants. A large number of our listeners LIKE the R Kelly, Jay-Z's, and 50 cents..They LIKE Lil Jon, Chingy etc... is their music BETTER than the BAY...Not neccessarily! But they have made a big name for themselves on a national level, gettin BET / MTV exposure etc... noone from the Bay, except maybe 40 or Short have done that.. Its time for the BAy to stop whinin and cryin, stop hatin on each other, and STAND UP... put together some quality music... I can feel the bay is ready to blow..like ATL this time last year... and now is the time.. so yeah..we dont do much for the bay..but..we cant..we can only try.. yeah i play a lot of Quinn and I play a lot of 40, but i havent had much esle to work with... every song I play i have to have a reason..if the boss says "whyd u play that" i have to come back with.."quinn hot in the streets," or "keak is hot in the O".. feel me? I cant just play MC BOOBOOFuck from the block and expect everyone to like it..cuz then..every little girl or kid who wants to hear the shit he is force-fed on BET will just change the channel or put in a CD, then where are we? Its all about educating them, slowly, one step at a time...

Oct 4, 2002
510outtapocket.com
honestly man, nobody in the battle circuit knew of the battle.. theres huge battles thrown in the bay every weekend and i know 10 cats off the top of my head who woulda went and repped hard for the yay..... we obnly hear dbout the battle like a week after it happeend...

another thing tho.. on mtv.com it said dood is form san mateo.. soo uhh..

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
yo FOZZIT where these battles going down out? or what promters throwem here so I can get on some sort of newsletter

I always go to ones I know about... and show support when I know aboutem...

i'ma send you a PM

Jan 19, 2003
hey scotty would mtv have let locksmith on there again ?? i was kinda pissed how they did a 'where are they now' thing and they didnt even mention locksmith, those other fools they showed werent even doin shit with the careers, atleast lock and the frontline is gettin some radio play and doin shows at the clubs with major artists like krs one and shit.

The whole music industry is just fucked up, way to many politics.

May 13, 2002
Last day saloon at 5th and Clement has a 100 dollar battle once a month on a tuesday night. That cat from Felonious pretty much always wins when he shows up though.

STS

Sicc OG
Sep 12, 2002
Apparently Wreckonize TURNED DOWN the Roc-A-Fella contract:
http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=673882&page=1&pp=40