Mike Epps vs. Kevin Hart

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Mike Epps is more of a natural comedian, dude is the type of guy that can just be chillin at a party having a few drinks and have the whole room cracking up.

Kevin Hart is way too hit or miss. I didn't even finish watching Let Me Explain, was boring as fuck, don't even remember laughing at anything. The only movie I've watched that he was the star of is Ride Along and it was pretty wack. Rolled my eyes hard when I read they were making Ride Along 2.

Mike Epps > Kevin Hart

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Kevin Hart is funny. He's not great, but I'd be lying if I said he never made me laugh. My problem is this overrating, over-exposure, that happened. Suddenly everything is an internet meme with his face and quotes he never actually said, then he's in movie trailers being touted as "The funniest comedian in America" and "The funniest man alive" and stuff like that.

It's like the proverbial "they" need to have 1 black comedian on a pedestal at a time. Martin, Griffin, Rock, Epps, Hart, Williams...It's like every 2 years there's "one funny black guy" that has hella popular stand up's, gets in one funny movie then a bunch of bad ones and then kinda fades just in time for the next guy.

I guess if were talking Epps VS. Hart, I like Epps better. I think they're about even, I think Epps is a little funnier, but way more likeable.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
My ol lady wants nothing more than to see Mike live. Thats what i like about him, hes genuinely funny. Half the time it seems unscripted once he starts interacting with his audience. Thats a real comedian
I was going to say that. He doesn't strike me as a guy that writes his stuff then rehearses it 100 times, he's just a funny dude. That's fine with me because he'll be up there acting a fool and making me laugh, which is what a comedian should be doing.

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
5 or 6 years ago my sis took me to see Mike Epps at SJ Improv

We get there & its packed, hella fools in line.

Wait for maybe 30+ mins & they still aint opened up, my sis gotta piss so i head up to the front to see whats the deal.

sewage, everywhere... a pipe broke inside, they had to cancel, this was on a saturday night.

they said we could come back the next night to make up, or get a refund.

hella fools got their money back, ....my sis told me she couldnt go, so she gave me the tix to bring someone else.

i came back the next night with my boy to a show with maybe 20 people in the audience, it was one of the best stand up shows i ever went to.... muhfucka got to know us on a one-by-one basis LOL

bool story breh

I seen Eddie griffin @ the Rio in Vegas and it was similar in being a little ass crowd and being the best experience ever... He went over an hr of the scheduled show time and murdered a heckler.... Eddie is one of the last great ones..

now... back to hart vs epps..
epps wins movies and Hart's seriously funny by itself is a great one... All others.. He reminds me of katt.. same shit new stage...

Jun 5, 2004
Am i the only one happy kat Williams isnt around no more
I watched one of his stand ups and thought it was hella funny... Then i watched another one that was a couple years old, and it was all the same shit... Then a new one dropped and it was ok... Then i watched another one and it was the same fucking jokes again. He has like 4-5 stand-ups and like 2 or 3 of them have all new jokes

Katt fell off cuz he couldnt stay current... And coward'll

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
I like them both...Mike can't help but to be slightly bitter that Kevin is eating as much as he is...I understand. Don't get mad at Kevin, get at his supporters. I've watched Kevin's grind so I have respect for him in that regard. He has a team that he started with and he continues to help them eat. He's not the funniest, but he doesnt have to be. Enough people like his work and that is all that matters. Mike needs to find his niche and stop waiting on Cube to do another Friday...

I got hella love for Epps though, just feel he should be focusing on his own though...

Last edited:

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
I like them both...Mike can't help but to be slightly bitter that Kevin is eating as much as he is...I understand. Don't get mad at Kevin, get at his supporters. I've watched Kevin's grind so I have respect for him in that regard. He has a team that he started with and he continues to help them eat. He's not the funniest, but he doesnt have to be. Enough people like his work and that is all that matters. Mike needs to find his niche and stop waiting on Cube to do another Friday...

I got hella love for Epps though, just feel he should be focusing on his own though...
Real shit....I think Epps could be a whole lot bigger than what he is if he shifted gears..

On some different shit though, thanks to Pandora, I've started relating this stand up comedy shit to rap.

Some rappers can freestyle like a MUTHAFUKKA and their writing is cool....and you got the vice versa individuals....... Writing is vicious and freestyle is sub par......

To ME....Epps is a good at freestyleing.....Hart/Katt are great writers.

Props: Mr G and Mr G

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
I been on Pandora stand up hype for a minute...
Hannibal buress constantly comes on my tosh channel and dude is funny as fuck...