Michigan woman still collecting food stamps after winning $1 million lottery..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
This B-tch...

[video=youtube;xTjEwuuBRBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xTjEwuuBRBE#![/video]

People love stories about someone winning the lottery and then giving the money away. They're less likely to feel fondly about Amanda Clayton, who won $1 million in the Michigan State Lottery but is still collecting food stamps.

"I thought that they would cut me off, but since they didn't, I thought maybe it was OK because I'm not working," Clayton, 24, told Local 4 news in Detroit.

Back in December, a woman in Washington State fell under scrutiny when it was revealed she was receiving state economic benefits even though she lives in a $1 million waterfront home on Lake Washington.

Clayton, who says she owns two homes and a new car, receives $200 a month in food assistance from the state-issued Michigan Bridge Card, which is meant to benefit lower-income residents in the nation's eigth most economically depressed state.

Twenty-five percent of Michigan's residents receive some form of food assistance from the state. The state's unemployment rate is 9.3 percent, more than a full point above the national average, but has dropped from a 10.4 percent peak in August.

And Clayton isn't embarrassed about living off the state even though she now finds herself in the nation's top tax bracket. "I mean I kinda do," Clayton told Local 4 when asked if she had a "right" to the government welfare.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
motherfucking bitch.

i swear, people with this mindset piss me the fuck off. i'm in a cuppa rage right now i think i'll get blackout drunk

May 14, 2002
Stop crying about this!
I'm pretty sure I would do the same.

I do not understand why people are upset about this woman collecting 200$ a month while your government flushes billions down the drain each year.
Which you pay for as well.