Mets agree to Santana deal, pending extension agreement

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
after johan and maine id be a little worried...but the deal definately blew the nl east wide open...should be fun to watch...i still think the philies are the team to beat because of there youth...too many old pieces on the mets...

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
^^I disagree!! We now have 1 of the best staffs in the league in my opinion!

1. Santana (The best in all of baseball)
2. Pedro (Now fully healthy and should return to form)
3. Maine (Great stuff and hasnt hit his potential yet)
4. Perez (same as above, and may have the best stuff on the team)
5. El Duque (reliable and throws the kitchen sink at u)

I think this is our strong point now, all though our offense should be dope as well!! Cant wait for the season to start!! Got Em!!

Mar 16, 2005

I think this is our strong point now, all though our offense should be dope as well!! Cant wait for the season to start!! Got Em!!

exactly..when you are throwing out o.p. and duque as your 4 and 5...that is not a bad thing ever!

Jun 15, 2005
This is a great trade for the Mets. Anytime you can give prospects for a verified ace, I'd say you won.

The Mets are trying to win now, and they've made all the right moves for a couple of seasons.

They were extreme underachievers to close the season out, but if they put their shitload of talent to work, they'll be a devastating force in the NL.

Not a fan, but there's always been something about the Mets that makes me like to watch them play. Prolly because they got one of my favorite all-time players, Pedro.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002

i guess we'll have to agree to disagree then...because i think pedro is damaged goods,el duque is washed up(but knows how to get it done in the playoffs) and perez is solid....bullpen is suspect...wagner is nails but another year older...heilman regressed last year imo...reyes,beltran and this years nl mvp david wright will need alou floyd and delgado to find a fountain of youth...but i like i said it should be fun to watch this year...

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
i guess we'll have to agree to disagree then...because i think pedro is damaged goods,el duque is washed up(but knows how to get it done in the playoffs) and perez is solid....bullpen is suspect...wagner is nails but another year older...heilman regressed last year imo...reyes,beltran and this years nl mvp david wright will need alou floyd and delgado to find a fountain of youth...but i like i said it should be fun to watch this year...

Well how is El Duque washed up? Last year he was 9-5 with a 3.72 era with 147.2 innings with 128 k's! So goin off last year he hasnt shown he's washed yet! And Pedro is finally back 100% so we dont know whats up with him yet. I mean u can predict he's damages goods, but until he shows that u have to give one of the greatest pitchers of alltime the benefit of doubt! And I dont have to explain Perez cause u said he was solid! And how has Heilman regressed when he had his lowest era of his career last year! U aint makin since! And about the lineup Floyd aint on our team so get that corrected and I definitely aint worried about our offense especially with the pitching we have now!! And last the bullpen......I think a couple of the guys that struggled last year like Mota should do better and main thing is we get Sanchez back and he is a good ass reliever!! So well see man!! I am expecting a great year and well see if they come thru like I think!! Got Em!!

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Its a done dotta baby!! Santana signs on the dotted line!! Watch out NL!!! I was sweating for a minute but I knew my boys wouldnt let this slip away!! Cant wait til the season baby!! Go M.E.T.S. Mets Mets Mets!! ahahah!! Got Em!!