Merged Thread: S.F. Niners

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
gimpypimp said:
I know this was the so called "Battle of the Bay", but some of you are acting like this was a real game.

It's good to win and all, but bragging about the game is silly.

Yeah the Raiders lost, but the Niners shouldn't be too happy about it...that run Defense was invisible.

Why worry about the run defense when our goal line D was great! Plus Janilowsey cant kick shit!

Apr 25, 2002
im not bragging in tha least bit. it wuz preseason and did not count for anything. as far as im concerned, "bragging rights" were earned last season in tha regular season game and will last until tha next regular season game between tha 2 teamz. i made a point which none of you can dispute: your first string offense did absolutely nothing and they were in there for longer than they should have been.

May 6, 2002
TONE DOG THE 01 said:
Why worry about the run defense when our goal line D was great! Plus Janilowsey cant kick shit!
Tone you may have drank a little too much.. I'd suggest reading up on what really happened and then hit us up again.. and dont come with any 3rd string ang practice field shit!

oh-ya.. your kicker isnt much better so look in the mirror hommie!

May 6, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
i made a point which none of you can dispute: your first string offense did absolutely nothing and they were in there for longer than they should have been.
it's true.. But not worried! you really think they are going to show their shit in the preseason.. hmmm???

can say that we have "D".. And they have proved it in 2 games... very solid!

Apr 25, 2002
SplitPersons_00 said:
it's true.. But not worried! you really think they are going to show their shit in the preseason.. hmmm???
it comez down to execution. whether or not they pulled out their best shit doeznt matter. they shoulda been able to move tha ball with tha playz they used.

can say that we have "D".. And they have proved it in 2 games... very solid!
D'z not bad but not great.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I'll admit... the Niners are looking better. They look faster now that Erickson has become head coach. I'll give credit where credit is due. But just wait until Aug 23rd.

Just wait!! The Saints will come marching in. Recognize! Our first team offense hasn't scored a touchdown yet. So that's bad news for the Niners. Get ready for some action!

Saints!!

May 8, 2002
Tony said:
I hope the Saints make the playoffs this year man oh man....
Dont get too exited....they seem to have a melt down every year.

NINER NEWS

49ers Add Veteran Defensive End Back
Thursday, August 21, 2003

Seeking depth, experience and pass rushing ability the 49ers signed veteran defensive end Chidi Ahanotu Thursday. The former University of California Golden Bear signed a one-year contract that included a $25,000 signing bonus.

“He’s a veteran, an experienced player who played very hard last year,” said general manager Terry Donahue. “Having played at Cal we thought he was a guy that might be interested in coming back to the Bay Area.”

Donahue also added that Thursday’s signing culminated a long process of negotiation with the defensive end.

“We’ve been trying to sign him for quite some time. I think it was May when we started, but it may have even been earlier that that,” Donahue said. “He was real interested in two-year terms and we were more interested in one. But he’s here now and we’re glad to have him.”

Ahanaotu has spent his 10-year NFL career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, St. Louis Rams and Buffalo Bills. Over that time he has played in 145 games, made 138 starts and posted 38 sacks.

“He’s played a lot of years and maybe some teams out there thought he was at the end of his career,” said Donahue. “We obviously didn’t feel that way. Our people who evaluated him think he still has some good years left in him. Now keep in mind he hasn’t been guaranteed a spot and we haven’t seen him on the field yet, but we think he’s a guy that can help us.”

Ahanotu started 14 games for the Bills last season and finished with five sacks. His best individual season was 1997 when he posted a career-high 10 sacks while starting 15 games for the Buccaneers.

If Ahanotu works out to the 49ers liking, Donahue said that would allow the team to keep nine defensive linemen. He also expected Ahanotu to give the team “10-15 plays a game.”

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
We'll just have to see tomorrow won't we... We've had a meltdown the last two seasons. The year before that we won the NFC west and beat the Rams in the playoffs! Recognize. Did you know.... that the Niners are defeated when they face the Rams when Kurt Warner starts?

May 8, 2002
Ha Ha that's funny! But a division title 2 years ago dont mean shit! You know how many division titles the Niners have! And as far as the Warner remark goes....he will not be a factor. We will beat him and the sorry ass Rams! As far as the pre-season game tomorrow goes we will woop on the Saints too. You going? I got 3 extra ticket that im selling $60 each (face value)

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
TONE DOG THE 01 said:
Ha Ha that's funny! But a division title 2 years ago dont mean shit! You know how many division titles the Niners have! And as far as the Warner remark goes....he will not be a factor. We will beat him and the sorry ass Rams! As far as the pre-season game tomorrow goes we will woop on the Saints too. You going? I got 3 extra ticket that im selling $60 each (face value)
Aw man... I already got some tickets to the game. I would of bought some off of you, but you were trying to get an extra $40 bucks off of each ticket. Now you're offering me the right price after I already bought some. And we're sitting in the high seats. But I am not trippin' because I am there to support my team.

And the Niners ain't whoopin nothing. I dont want to hear any excuses either. The Saints are going to give you guys your first loss of the season. Pre-season or season. Your first loss is going to be caused by the Saints! Can T.O. handle this? I don't think so. T.O. doesn't like "physical" DB's. Dale Carter is going to shut T.O. down!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Musim Muhhamed is bigger than Dale Carter. But Dale is putting up a fight. That's all you can ask for from your DB's. In that picture that's one less receiver that the Saints had to worry about. We'll just have to see tomorrow.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Dennis Erickson will have his quarterback on the field for the first time this pre-season when Jeff Garcia makes his debut against the New Orleans Saints. Garcia has said he can’t wait to get on the field, shake the rust off and take a few hits.

Erickson, on the other hand, can do without part of that.

“No. I don’t want to see him get hit,” said a not-so laughing Erickson. “If he needs somebody to drop on his back, I’ll do that! But it will be good for Jeff to get out and get the rust off.”

Erickson anticipated Garcia playing “two or three series” depending upon what happens and how the offense performs. Beyond the questions with Garcia, Erickson has a clear plan for the 49ers quarterbacks.

If coach Erickson was smart he'd keep him out of Saturday's game.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
49ERS GOOD TEST

Wide receiver Joe Horn said the Saints' preseason game at San Francisco on Saturday will be the best test of the four preseason games.

He and running back Deuce McAllister sat out the first game while many starters played less than a half. Horn and McAllister played in the second game and most starters went about a half.

Horn said he and other starters will see their most extensive action at San Francisco on Saturday before many sit out or see very limited action in the finale against Miami next Thursday.

"Well see against San Francisco how much this team has jelled," Horn said. "I think all of the starters are playing three quarters, so after the San Francisco game it's just downhill from there. You come back and you prepare for the Seatlle Seahawks."

The Saints open the regular season at Seattle on Sept. 7.