Meet Vernon Robinson, Jesse Helms Is Back But This Time He's Black

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
Yeah, and you thought I made that title up - boy are you in for a fucking surprise.

"The only thing I have in common with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson is a good tan"

From here you will want to listen to Vernon's latest radio ads. Please click the links and prepare to be fucking astounded:

http://vernonrobinson.com/Illegal Alien MP3.wma
http://vernonrobinson.com/Jeopardy Spot1.mp3
http://vernonrobinson.com/Vernon Robinson 04-20-04 .mp3

Yes, he really just fucking said that.

So now that you're interested, you might be thinking "I like the way this man talks, let me find out what else he stands for before I pull the lever for him."

Here is the intro to Vernon's issues section:

I am pro-Constitution, pro-national sovereignty, pro-military, pro-veteran, pro-growth, pro-business, pro-property rights, pro-marriage, pro-adoption, pro-farmer, pro-school choice, pro-states' rights, pro-religious freedom, pro-Pledge of Allegiance, pro-death penalty, pro-gun, and pro-life.

I will secure our borders and demand the vigorous enforcement of our immigration laws. I support market-based reforms of government entitlement programs such as Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

I am unabashedly and unalterably opposed to racial quotas, special rights for homosexuals, the United Nations, the proliferation of frivolous lawsuits, women in combat, pork barrel spending, useless government programs and agencies, onerous regulations, and all tax hikes.
Ok man, that's a little overdone but whatever, nothing too atypical there for a Southern Republican. Let's see what else uncle t Vernon believes in:
Let me see if I have this straight. The loony Left believes that there's sufficient evidence of global warming to justify the complete overhaul of the international industrial economy, but they don't believe there was sufficient evidence that Saddam Hussein posed a threat to justify our liberation of Iraq.

Are these people on drugs? (Oops. I should know better than to ask that question about these people.)

I for one am sick of these Hollywood elitists. I think the Motion Picture Association of America should add a new movie rating to go along with the G, PG, PG-13, and R. A new rating of T for "Treason" would mean that all of the actors in this movie have given aid and comfort to the enemy in wartime and have interfered with the military operations of the United States.
Haha, ok slow down my main man! That's a little harsh but fuck, Hollywood is ridiculously liberal and he did just rattle off a bunch of charges I didn't post about specific people so ok. I'm laughing.
With the trial lawyers suing gun manufacturers for everything under the sun, and with naïve local government do-gooders trying to register (or ban) everything from B.B. guns to paint ball markers, the 2nd amendment could sure use a new friend in Congress. A member of the NRA, GOA, and GRNC myself, I will be the best buddy the 2nd Amendment has had in Congress since Congressman Davie Crockett of Tennessee in the 1800’s!
Davy Crockett eh? Alright well I'm not this pro-gun, but whatever it's not a major issue. Let's move on to foreign policy, something I care about.
How did we get this way? We got this way because Ronald Reagan spoke very firmly about the need to rebuild our military and fight communism wherever it reared its ugly head. He called the Soviet Union the "Evil Empire," and he challenged Mr. Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall. When Americans were taken hostage in Grenada, he didn't pussyfoot around.

Reagan supported the Freedom Fighters in Nicaragua, which is now a democracy. He armed the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan, and after ten years of dying the Russians finally gave up and went home.

Twenty years before the terrorists flew planes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon, Reagan saw what would happen if we let countries like Libya continue to sponsor terrorists. He bombed Libya to nip that particular problem in the bud. Let me point out that we haven't heard so much as a peep out of Colonel Muammar Quadaffi since then.
Hmm, I think I'm beginning to have a few issues here Vernon. I mean didn't the Mujahadeen end up being umm.... and wasn't Gadhaffi involved after our bombing in the um... well let's just keep going and see if we agree more.
The greatest disappointment I have with the state of America's military preparedness today is two-fold. One, we have failed to implement a national missile defense system to protect against either an intentional or an accidental launch of a ballistic missile. Two, the Clinton Administration gutted our intelligence gathering capabilities.

Because the Democrats refused to implement Reagan's Strategic Defense Initiative when he proposed it twenty years ago, countries like North Korea and well-financed terrorists have the capacity to threaten our security. Because the Democrats defunded the intelligence community in the wake of the Cold War, the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack was not detected and averted.

Just like they now do with President Bush, the liberals made fun of Reagan. They said he was "dumb" and they called him a "cowboy" (sound familiar?) and they said he was going to start World War III.

The liberal media and the Democrats urged a policy of appeasement, and said all of this Evil Empire talk was going to do nothing but stir up trouble. Indeed, many mushy moderate Republicans criticized him as well, saying that all of his war mongering was going to hurt the Party.

Well, history has judged their comments, and I can say only this: ten years after Reagan challenged the Evil Empire, it was gone, and Republicans now have a majority in both the House and the Senate.
Oh shit but Vernon SDI never worked and niether does NMD, perhaps you were absent the day they talked about that. Anyway, this is hardly a huge stumbling block. So far we just completely disagree on everything but you haven't gone insane yet.
As a Congressman, I will seize every opportunity to stand down the feminists and repel their assault on the military. Unlike the feminists, I share Theodore Roosevelt's view of motherhood.

It's not enough for the Left that Clinton lifted both the military's ban on homosexuals and its ban on women serving in positions that would place them in harm's way in a combat theater. It's not enough for the feminists that the Virginia Military Institute and the Citadel were both forced to admit women into their cadet ranks.

Now the extent and magnitude of their radical agenda is becoming painfully clear. In March of this year, the United States Air Force succumbed to the pressure from Hillary Clinton and other feminists and actually removed ten two-foot tall letters that composed the phrase, "Bring Me Men . . ." from its battle ramp.

I, and every other Air Force Academy cadet since 1964, walked up that battle ramp and under those majestic words on my first day and countless times thereafter. The phrase comes from a glorious poem written in 1894.

For the sake of making it easier to debate the merits of the feminist position, let's just ignore the cardinal rule of the King's English that defines masculine pronouns as being either male or gender neutral and pretend that "men" is never gender neutral. (Thanks to the dumbing down of public schools, our language has been perverted and rewritten by "politically correct" dictionary writers.)

More importantly, the feminists' theory is this: all male cadets are chauvinists and misogynists who are susceptible to becoming rapists if they gaze upon words that are not gender neutral. As God is my witness, I am not making this up. If I am, may a two-foot aluminum letter "M" (as in "Men") fall from the sky and strike me dead.
Oh shit you just went nuts.
Too many Republicans are afraid to call a spade a spade out of fear they will be called a racist (no pun intended).
Oh no you dih-ant.

May 16, 2002
That is not the courage Ronald Reagan exhibited.

As you can see, I am NOT a Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton kind of black guy. In fact, while Al Sharpton was defaming New York law enforcement officers by falsely claiming they had raped Tawana Brawley in an alley, I was working hard (and successfully) on the Winston-Salem City Council to get raises for our policemen and to bring an end to the two-year freeze on their promotions.

And while Jesse Jackson was chasing women and television cameras and shaking down corporations for contributions so he could pay hush money for his love child, I was serving my country and working hard at raising a God-fearing family. (Can you believe that even NASCAR recently caved in and coughed up $200,000 for Jackson?)

Among white Democrats who play the race card, nobody did a better job of fanning the flames of racial animosity and fostering a victimization mentality than Bill Clinton. That Bill Clinton was willing to exploit racial tension for political gain should not surprise us.

Surely the low point of any discussion of modern politics would be the part where one must explain that President Bill Clinton is both a serial rapist (if one believes the credible testimony of Juanita Broaddrick) and a serial adulterer. Slick Willie, a man who is demonstrably incapable of shame, actually had sex in the Oval Office with a girl half his age (who was not his wife) while Yasser Arafat was outside waiting for him in the Rose Garden.

I take that back. The worst part would be when Jesse Jackson went to the White House on December 3, 1998 to counsel Bill Clinton about his sexual failings. Official While House photographs reveal that Jackson took his own concubine with him during that very trip when she was pregnant with his love child.

It's a good thing she didn't get pregnant after the trip to the White House, or we might have had to use a paternity test to determine whom the real father is! I am proud to say that the only thing I have in common with Jesse Jackson is a good tan!

The liberals are horrified by the prospect of my election because they know I will not be a typical freshman Congressman who is seen but not heard. My presence will be immediately felt and my voice will be heard from day one!

The media will no longer be able to pretend that race hustling poverty pimps like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton speak for all black people. I want the liberals to squirm because they can't call me a racist.

The Left views the world in terms of black and white when it comes to race, but not when it comes to good and evil or right and wrong. With your help, I will use the national stage to expose the fallacy of that warped worldview.
Ok I still think you've lost your mind, but I don't really like Sharpton or Jackson anyway so no biggie. I wish you'd take it easier on Bill though. He was our first black president.
Hillary Rodham Clinton and I have very different notions of what a family is. For Clinton and many other left-wing public figures, a family can be everything from her infamous "Village" or "Heather Has Two Mommies" or "Daddy's Roommate" to a transvestite, two lesbians, a pedophile, and a partridge in a pear tree. In my opinion, that does not a family make.
Holy shit you have lost the plot.
I assure you I will not bow to the forces of political correctness on social issues. I will vigorously oppose homosexual marriages and adoptions, as well as "gay" Scoutmasters. God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
Hey that's my line.
Abortion

They taught me at the Air Force Academy what Ronald Reagan knew instinctively: that the best defense is a good air strike. That advice holds true whether you're talking about military or social issues.

You have to be willing to go on the offensive to make your point, and today on the social issues, too many Republicans want to head for the high grass rather than stay and fight. Reagan never did that, and I don't think we should either.

Why are we bashful about our desire to protect the unborn child? The official Democrat position on abortion is that there should be no restrictions whatsoever on what they call a woman's right to choose, and that if a woman is too poor to afford an abortion, the rest of us should have to pay for her abortionist to commit prenatal homicide.

Let's examine what that really means. Take the case of a prostitute who is pregnant for the eighth time. In the ninth month of her pregnancy she finds out that her child is a girl and not a boy, so she decides to have a late term, sex-selection, partial birth abortion. Because she is too poor to afford the procedure, she wants you to pay for it with your tax dollars.

The official Democrat position is that this prostitute should be able to have a ninth month, sex-selection, partial birth abortion, and that she should be able to send you the bill. That is beyond sick. Why are we bashful at all about saying we do not agree?

There are people who oppose the death penalty, but they support abortion. They think Charles Manson has a right to life, but an unborn child does not. They want to save the whales and the snail darter and the spotted owl and convicted murderers, but not the babies.
Holy shit, at this point I want to know who your writer is so I can hire him.
A nation that will tolerate the slaughter of 42 million babies will tolerate anything - obstruction of justice, perjury, suborning perjury, witness tampering, bribery, criminal violations of campaign finance laws, pardons for cash, the criminal misuse of confidential FBI files, violations of the Oath of Office, the desecration of the Oval Office, High Crimes and Misdemeanors, trading missile technology for cash from the Chinese, rape, serial adultery, sexual harassment, even treason.

Character is not only the destiny of individuals, but of nations as well.
Holy Christ does this actually keep getting better?
Aliens routinely cross our borders for free medical care in American hospitals, to pick up American welfare checks, to smuggle drugs, to work in sweatshops, to have their babies born here (so they will be American citizens eligible for benefits), and, yes, occasionally even to plot and carry out terrorist attacks on our citizens.

San Luis, Arizona, which I mentioned above, has around 3,000 residents, but 20,000 post office boxes. Why? So Mexicans living just across the border can come to the U.S. to collect their welfare checks every month that they signed up for using their post office box as their “permanent” address in the U.S. That’s your money, folks.

Roaming mobs of these aliens trying to sneak into our country beat ugly paths through our national forests, trample rare desert vegetation, and desecrate important Native American archeological sites. They leave their trash behind, start forest fires through carelessness (60,000+ acres of Coronado National Forest burned this way), and all too often die in the desert on the way.
My God, does the government know about these ROAMING MOBS of paycheck collectors???
Even here in North Carolina there are so many of these illegals involved in crime that our local criminal District Court has had to hire full time interpreters – to make sure the criminals understand their right to free legal counsel, of course. They come here and commit crimes, but don’t even commit to learn our language. Enough is enough!
Jesus there is a fucking immigrant quagmire in North Carolina!!! Imagine how bad it must be in Texas and California!!!
When I use the term "sound money," I mean money that cannot be devalued or politically manipulated. Sound money promotes honest business, honest politics, and honest relationships. It's the kind of money our country grew up with; money that had intrinsic value.

From the time the Constitution was ratified until Abraham Lincoln's experiment with "greenbacks," our money consisted of precious metals. When the Federal Reserve Act was passed, every Federal Reserve Note was backed and redeemable for gold and silver.

Since 1963, however, that guarantee of redeemability has been repudiated, and the once-proud United States Dollar has become a depreciating IOU. President Kennedy abolished the silver standard, and President Johnson authorized the minting of base metal coinage, setting us adrift with a monetary system that no longer had any fixed standard of value. Our once-sound money is no longer backed by anything more substantial than the government’s decree that the money is “legal tender.” It has value only because we imagine that it does. When enough people lose confidence in paper, the spell will be broken and the whole system will collapse. Too many countries have suffered the devastating consequences of a collapsed paper currency, and I don’t want our country to have a similar experience.

I believe it is in everyone’s best interests to restore some level of redeemability or backing to our money. Whether by gold, silver, or some other intrinsically valuable commodity, we need a currency backed by real wealth, not money that is only controlled by the capacity of government printing presses, or by the willingness of an undisciplined Congress to raise the debt ceiling.
I'm speechless. I'd like to point out that this whole postal delivery to the home thing is also a lot more troublesome than general delivery if you think about it.

Well that's all from Vernon for now. I quoted selectively, but you can read the entirety of his beliefs here:

http://vernonrobinson.com/

All I have to say is that this man's existence means North Carolina is doomed.