McGregor vs Mayweather 8/26/17

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Only way conor wins this is if he clips him. no other way around it, Floyd has said numerous times that he's going for the ko and that he's gonna be aggressive and not his usual defensive stance mode. I know Floyd has said that a whole lotta times but I think IMO that he's underestimating conor's skills. there's no secret, dude has hands whether in the cage or a ring he gets it done. most importantly is that dude has so much confidence its scary...

Conor's stance (not the sparring stance in his vids) will give Mayweather problems. Conor's used to getting his fists from point A to point B from that stance to people further back then Floyd. Floyd aint used to the body sitting so far back so it's gonna be a reach and Floyd leaves his head open as fuck when he throws. too open against someone with good countering. Conor cuttin hella so he's gonna be a beast in the clinch if the ref allows it. if ref allows it, i dont think Mayweather's gonna want to punch into a clinch much. that might also benefit Conor with Mayweather in a corner is he uses southpaw.

Sep 3, 2002
It happens Every fight, but still It's crazy how convinced people get themselves pre-fight to believe Floyd mayweather is somehow incapable, or somehow finally met his match, that this time will be different and he won't be able to control the fight.

The fight comes and they're still not grasping the skill difference, they're only watching they're guy intently trying to Will him to land something big.

Then the fight is over. -unanimous decision. And they're like "of course, what the fuck was I thinking."

Mayweather is a got damn master-- it does not matter who the opponent is.

And Fighting once or twice every year or two works to make everyone forget how dominant he is in the boxing ring--and the cycle continues....

Feb 10, 2006
Conor's stance (not the sparring stance in his vids) will give Mayweather problems. Conor's used to getting his fists from point A to point B from that stance to people further back then Floyd. Floyd aint used to the body sitting so far back so it's gonna be a reach and Floyd leaves his head open as fuck when he throws. too open against someone with good countering. Conor cuttin hella so he's gonna be a beast in the clinch if the ref allows it. if ref allows it, i dont think Mayweather's gonna want to punch into a clinch much. that might also benefit Conor with Mayweather in a corner is he uses southpaw.
Conor's stance is gonna hurt him, not help him. He's fighting a boxer, not an MMA fighter. Floyd is gonna keep his feet planted at all times. MMA fighters don't throw punches like that. They fly of their feet or it's just wild as fuck. I mean, the reason he dropped Aldo was because Aldo fucked up and wasn't on his feet. It's just a different sport man.

Feb 10, 2006
It happens Every fight, but still It's crazy how convinced people get themselves pre-fight to believe Floyd mayweather is somehow incapable, or somehow finally met his match, that this time will be different and he won't be able to control the fight.

The fight comes and they're still not grasping the skill difference, they're only watching they're guy intently trying to Will him to land something big.

Then the fight is over. -unanimous decision. And they're like "of course, what the fuck was I thinking."

Mayweather is a got damn master-- it does not matter who the opponent is.

And Fighting once or twice every year or two works to make everyone forget how dominant he is in the boxing ring--and the cycle continues....
I was once one of those guys lol

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
according to King Mo, Floyd's gonna trash Connor's ribs in the clinch with the 8 oz gloves

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
seeing Atlas make excuses and lose his shit every day about how if Conor wins then MMA fans will claim they're better even though Floyd isn't the best boxer and it's not fair is my favorite thing about this fight now.

Apr 26, 2002
Conor BETTER not use his typical mma stance in a boxing ring. In mma we call boxing stances "riding the surfboard". U don't see boxing stances in mma cuz it's more susceptible of takedowns. Mma stances are more "wide" to make takedowns more difficult.

On the other hand, boxers don't use mma stances, feet wide open, shoulder length because that leaves the shoulders squared to your opponent, thus, leaving more "surface area" to get hit. Boxers "ride the surfboard" cuz the stance "slims" up their exposed "surface area" to the opponent and they do not have to worry about takedowns. Basically, I'm thinkin Conor will NOT use his typical stance.

Apr 25, 2002
according to King Mo, Floyd's gonna trash Connor's ribs in the clinch with the 8 oz gloves
Floyd does side rib shots in the clinch here and there but they're point shots. he's tryna rest in the clinch not fight out of it. he's good at locking your glove in his hook but 10 oz gloves are easier to lock. McGregor got Cortez to ref his sparring just so he can know what's illegal in a fight. as far as clinch, Cortez is pretty anti that so Conor wanted a taste of the worst case scenario in a clinch.

maybe Mo right tho. i just aint seen Floyd really do that. he tends to use the clinch defensively. but i guess it should be easier against an 0-0 guy.

Apr 25, 2002
Conor's stance is gonna hurt him, not help him. He's fighting a boxer, not an MMA fighter. Floyd is gonna keep his feet planted at all times. MMA fighters don't throw punches like that. They fly of their feet or it's just wild as fuck. I mean, the reason he dropped Aldo was because Aldo fucked up and wasn't on his feet. It's just a different sport man.
sport aside, so there's no technical boxing do's and dont's.

take an mma match but use boxing rules, except everybody uses 8 oz gloves and you got 10 seconds to fight out of a clinch.

in your eyes, how would McGregor hold up vs Mayweathers last 10 opponents?

im sayin mma match with boxing rules so there's no reason to say "he aint doin this/that" "thats not how your supposed to do that" "thats not how you box".

not talkin bout any other mma fighter, just Conor. and this question is really only if you really seen McGregor's fights.

Feb 10, 2006
sport aside, so there's no technical boxing do's and dont's.

take an mma match but use boxing rules, except everybody uses 8 oz gloves and you got 10 seconds to fight out of a clinch.

in your eyes, how would McGregor hold up vs Mayweathers last 10 opponents?

im sayin mma match with boxing rules so there's no reason to say "he aint doin this/that" "thats not how your supposed to do that" "thats not how you box".

not talkin bout any other mma fighter, just Conor. and this question is really only if you really seen McGregor's fights.
10 fights ago, Floyd fought Juan Manuel Marquez, one of the best fighters of all time and technical as well. The mismatch was there with Marquez coming from 2 weight classes lower yet people thought he had a chance based on the fact that he is that good. And look what Floyd did to him. Top Rank promoted Floyd as being "the best fighter since Ali" and since then they put him with fighters that had to be viewed as greats in order to sell a big fight.

If you ask me about Conor, Paulie is correct. Conor will gas out so fast because he does. Conor gasses out past the 3rd round and does come in at weigh ins dehydrated. Conor vs Robert Guerrero? I got the Ghost destroying him! The Ghost was beasting it right before he lost to Floyd. Remember what he did to Berto? And look what Floyd did to him! Conor will not be able to walk around with his back turned to rest up. He will not be able to clinch like he normally does because there's ropes not fences. That's why Paulie keeps saying don't forget your balls. Because Conor will have to dig in deeper than ever just to impress the buyers he's a legit fighter and not just a over hyped shit talker

Apr 26, 2002
He will not be able to clinch like he normally does because there's ropes not fences.
This x 1000. People forget about the ropes vs cage aspect also. One of Floyd strongest skill is his defense against the ropes. His bobbin and weaving when his bacc is on the ropes. Conor is not used to that. Look at his Mendes fight. After he had mendes gassed, he walked him into the cage and it limited his head movement to side to side and no front to bacc. Floyd against the ROPES is a master. Conor can't limit floyds head like that. Conor's slower (compared to other boxers on that level) and if he doesn't clinch and tries to punch, watch him over extend and Floyd will land that counter every time.

Apr 26, 2002
Tbh, I never looked at Conor as some power puncher. Everybody I talk to that thinks Conor has a chance says cuz he's a power puncher. I jus think he's very fast (for mma) and accurate. But those s are both skills of professional boxers, and he's not on that level yet.

Apr 25, 2002
10 fights ago, Floyd fought Juan Manuel Marquez, one of the best fighters of all time and technical as well. The mismatch was there with Marquez coming from 2 weight classes lower yet people thought he had a chance based on the fact that he is that good. And look what Floyd did to him. Top Rank promoted Floyd as being "the best fighter since Ali" and since then they put him with fighters that had to be viewed as greats in order to sell a big fight.

If you ask me about Conor, Paulie is correct. Conor will gas out so fast because he does. Conor gasses out past the 3rd round and does come in at weigh ins dehydrated. Conor vs Robert Guerrero? I got the Ghost destroying him! The Ghost was beasting it right before he lost to Floyd. Remember what he did to Berto? And look what Floyd did to him! Conor will not be able to walk around with his back turned to rest up. He will not be able to clinch like he normally does because there's ropes not fences. That's why Paulie keeps saying don't forget your balls. Because Conor will have to dig in deeper than ever just to impress the buyers he's a legit fighter and not just a over hyped shit talker

Conor aint got the best cardio. he only went 3 rounds once. he went 5 rounds once. but he also kicks a lot and that takes more energy than punching. i was thinkin he wouldnt be able to go 12 but i think he could do 12 now, maybe. thats cus in a 3 round mma fight, you only get 2 breaks. and your fighting for 5 minutes. a 15 minute boxing match you get 4 breaks and your fighting for 3 minutes. so i dont doubt anymore than Conor can go 12 boxing. unless he constantly throws punches that dont connect which will drain him. if he's missing that much, then that means Floyd is fucking Conor up and Conor gets stopped.

as far as dehydration, every mma fighter cuts. Mayweather seemed surprised this week talkin bout McGregor gonna miss weight but maybe he just didnt understand that aspect. technical skill is what you want in an mma fight, but strength means a lot if your fighting someone strong with good muay thai clinch and/or good wrestling. so everybody cuts. Conor weighed in at 153, talkin bout he gonna weigh around 170 on fight night. probably true. at least probably 165. that strength doesnt do much good in boxing since clinch work is one of them things thats iffy anyway. in mma there might not always be a takedown but they'll always be a clinch. Conor aint even a real clinch typa dude like that so the ropes are irrelevent. he clinches more when he gets hurt, but he doesn't get hurt enough to do that much at all. he doesnt punch to get into a clinch like Ghost. difference is Ghost fights into a clinch with the intentions of fucking you up in the clinch. thats different than Floyd who fights into a clinch when he's hurt or to rest. or he fights into a clinch so he can reset.

only reason i even brought up anything about clinch is cus how Mayweather uses the clinch. Ghost took Berto to the ropes with clinches and i dont see how McGregor could have better technique than Ghost at clinching into and on the ropes. i do think tho that McGregor might have something to offer in the middle of the ring. and if anything, i can see Mayweather trying out Conor's clinch vs Conor searchin for one.

also Ghost probably took the first 2 rounds til Mayweather figured him out. Ghost is pretty traditional and it still took Mayweather some rounds to not get hit. if McGregor starts getting lit up the first round then he'll probably get stopped or played with for 12 rounds. McGregor dont move like a boxer. it aint just his stance. its how he moves his torso with that stance. you can look at his feet when he throws certain punches and see "bad boxing technique", but those "correct" techniques are read by good boxers. you see some feet doin some other shit your not used to you might calculate wrong. you also see the torso moving a different way you might miscalculate. thats how he fights in mma, takeaway any clinching or kicks. thats why his hands are good. he dont sleep anybody like he and UFC claims. to me sleeping is boxing sleeping. sleepin by the time you hit the floor and ref aint even gotta count. Conor puts people to sleep by beating their head when their on the floor. but he's good enough with the hands to get them down there. best he can do as a boxer is probably tko.

Mayweather's the exception tho so we'll see if he makes Conor's style look foolish.

Apr 25, 2002
Tbh, I never looked at Conor as some power puncher. Everybody I talk to that thinks Conor has a chance says cuz he's a power puncher. I jus think he's very fast (for mma) and accurate. But those s are both skills of professional boxers, and he's not on that level yet.
all mma fans and Conor fans ever say is he has power in his left. thats a shallow argument and only good enough for a punches chance. i think its his movement that makes the power work. might not work against Floyd but i'd like to see it against someone not Floyd in boxing.