Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, will it happen?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Will Mayweather vs. Pacquiao ever happen?

• Yes

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Who the hell knows at this point?

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Nah Canelo didn't take a hit for losing to Floyd. He's a young star and a huge one at that. Oscar lost plenty of times and he still was the biggest cash cow. Mexican fans aren't going to stop cheering for a guy because he lost to the best fighter on the planet by decision. If he got KTFO or something like that sure there might be a dip but most people just saw it as a learning experience for the young ginger. Prior to Floyd he only fought one really decent opponent and that was Trout, yet it still did 2.2 million buys. Now the ginger had added Angulo and Lara to boost his resume, and if he's going to fight a rival Puerto Rican on cinco de mayo for the true lineal middleweight crown? Lol that's big man. On top of the Mexican and Puerto Rican fan bases this is a big fight for the boxing community in general, so there will be hundreds of thousands of non Mexican/Puerto Ricans buying this too. A million buys easy (on that date). Over 750k any other day easy.
I agree with you, but personally, I felt like Canelo took a hit by the way that he lost. He was letting Floyd tee off on him on the ropes and was so clearly frustrated that he was almost giving up at times. I agree there's no shame in losing to the best fighter in boxing, but I expected more out of him in terms of tenacity.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
yeah i was good friends with this puerto rican chick. so we between classes chillin at community college, and sum dude she knows approached her and said are you mexican? im not going to repeat what she said but im surprised we didnt end up fighting those dudes lol
they need to play off the mexican and puerto rican pride in the promo spots too.
I was cool with Puerto Rican's until I moved to NY. They hate Mexicans out there, and in lieu of that, I kinda ended up hating on Puerto Ricans. I'm half Mexican and white, which apparently just looks Puerto Rican in NY.

I had this conversation about 250 times out there... "You Puerto Rican bro??? [happy as hell to ask] No, I'm half Mexican.... "oh...[they walk away like their crap doesn't stink]"

Having said that, 2 of my favorite jokes are:

1. What do you call a Mexican at a gay parade? A Puerto Rican.

2. A family of ducks and a family of ducks are crossing the road, and they are in line from largest to smallest. A car wipes out both families except the last in line. The duck says to the skunk, "man, this is messed up, our families are dead and the worst part is, I don't even know what I am!" The skunk says "man, that's easy, you're yellow, you have a bill, you have webbed feet and tiny feathers, you're a duck! Now me, I'm really screwed because I have no idea what I am?" The duck says "man, that's easy! You're hairy, you're black, you're white, you stink, you're Puerto Rican!"

I'm just playin though. I don't really hate Puerto Ricans, unless it comes to boxing. In that case, they're all faggots except for Trinidad.

Attachments

Feb 10, 2006
That's fucked up. Crazy you say that my sister is married to a PR from PR and so is my niece, her daughter. They came to So Cal and they all tell me how much they love Mexicans and Tijuana and shit like that. Now they live here, but my sis moved back with her husband but her kids and them stayed. The real beef is PR vs PRs from NY. They call the "los de a fuera." I also know a lot of PR's that go for Canelo! The only issue I have with them is they idolize Mayweather.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
That's fucked up. Crazy you say that my sister is married to a PR from PR and so is my niece, her daughter. They came to So Cal and they all tell me how much they love Mexicans and Tijuana and shit like that. Now they live here, but my sis moved back with her husband but her kids and them stayed. The real beef is PR vs PRs from NY. They call the "los de a fuera." I also know a lot of PR's that go for Canelo! The only issue I have with them is they idolize Mayweather.
I'm just clownin dog. I think that's the biggest thing is the "New Yoricans." They don't really represent Puerto Ricans to me. Despite how I was clownin in that post above, I don't want to make generalizations about the entire race, or even New Yoricans, but a majority of the ones I met just seemed confused. A lot of those dudes throw around the word "nigga" every 3rd sentence and swear they are some pure breed of people and don't know dick about the history of their people. I met like 1 Puerto Rican who had ever been to PR, and one of them spoke Spanish that I met out there. It's an interesting culture to say the least.

Kind of ironic that I met a grip of Italians that had never been to Italy, but spoke Italian yet only met one Puerto Rican that spoke Spanish.

Last edited:

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Floyd vs. Reading Comprehension Test

2-0-Sixx vs. Heresy

all bs aside, I think Pacquiao vs. Canelo would do huge numbers too for some reason.
He don't wanna see me. Trying to file a lawsuit on me as we speak. Talking about I defamed him here on siccness.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
All further talk will go through my lawyer, B @battle619 . I however will drop it if you publicly apologize, admitting you lied about me and settle for an undisclosed amount of cash offline.
The Bay Area @The Bay Area - Pull up one of CZAR @CZAR 's award winning blogs from 1998 referencing this incident please.

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Bob Arum...and Canelo Alvarez are about as dumb as it gets...fuckin fools---> If Mayweather fights Cotto instead of Pacquiao is it Arum’s fault?
Kinda can't blame Arum too much if that ends up being the case. Also can't really blame him if they end up trying to make Canelo/Pacquiao too on top of that. Overall, they might end up making the same money they would've made with Floyd/Manny if they went that route. Is that less than Floyd/Manny and Cotto/Canelo would've done collectively, yes... by far. BUT, Arum is the one with his fingers on the pulse of all of this stuff going down, and he would stand to make insane money off those 2 promotions if those fights happened like that. Can't blame him if he knows the Floyd/Manny deal isn't likely to happen and he pulls off those 2 monster promotions.

Mar 18, 2008
Kinda can't blame Arum too much if that ends up being the case. Also can't really blame him if they end up trying to make Canelo/Pacquiao too on top of that. Overall, they might end up making the same money they would've made with Floyd/Manny if they went that route. Is that less than Floyd/Manny and Cotto/Canelo would've done collectively, yes... by far. BUT, Arum is the one with his fingers on the pulse of all of this stuff going down, and he would stand to make insane money off those 2 promotions if those fights happened like that. Can't blame him if he knows the Floyd/Manny deal isn't likely to happen and he pulls off those 2 monster promotions.
Uhhh...Pacquiao vs Canelo will NEVER HAPPEN...Pacquaio is going to meet Canelo at what weight? Pacquaio won't go past 150 Lbs...Canelo won't go under 154 lbs (not after what he experienced with Mayweather) and also Canelo isn't going to take a B-side acceptance to Pacquaio because Canelo is full of himself right now. Arum with Canelo's help is totally fucking everything up. Pacquaio is headed towards Jesse Vargas...Arum has no intentions of fighting Floyd. As you can see Cotto don't want May 2nd unless he is fighting Floyd...so Arum should let Pacquaio free to go see Floyd. Arum is a fool. So Mayweather turns around offers Cotto the fight Cotto says let's do it May 2nd. Cotto makes more money with Floyd than Canelo. Mayweather get a chance at Cotto's middle weight strap and if he wins Floyd will hold belts from: Welter Weight, Jr Middle Weight and Middle Weight. Then Canelo will be forced to fight GGG and get KO'd...Manny will fight who he really wanted to fight Jesse Vargas. Floyd's 49th fight will be against GGG which he will win by decision...and retire.

Props: CZAR and CZAR

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Why is Floyd even looking at Cotto?
Because he's not Pacquiao.

It'll be really gay if the fight ends up being made with Top Rank for that fight too but allegedly a Pacquiao fight can't be made.

As far as I know though, Cotto has basically been signing 1 fight deals with Top Rank but he's technically a free agent if I remember right

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Because he's not Pacquiao.

It'll be really gay if the fight ends up being made with Top Rank for that fight too but allegedly a Pacquiao fight can't be made.

As far as I know though, Cotto has basically been signing 1 fight deals with Top Rank but he's technically a free agent if I remember right
So golden boy saying they sent Cotto the paperwork and agreed to his terms is a lie? And is it true that Haymon offered Cotto 40m or is that a rumor?

If Cotto fights FLOYD on that date Canelo should sit down with GGG and try to make it happen for the same date.

Canelo GGG beats FLOYD Cotto.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Oscar made tweets today and he said Canelo conceded on all of Cotto's demands, including 50-50 and that Cotto had everything six weeks ago. Cotto meanwhile says things are still being negotiated but his manager said NOTHING has ever been negotiated. Wtf?

And Dan Rafael said it's been all one way and that Manny's guy isn't getting anywhere with Floyd and his team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.