Mayorga, Hopkins, and Rahman.......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 15, 2003
Theres gonna be some good fights this weekend. Zab Judah is also going to be fighting. I thinks its 8 fights total with 5 of them being championship fights. I am anticipating the Mayorga and Spinks fight the most, although it probably will be a quick one.

This is what Mayorga had to say about his fight with Spinks.

When you started camp your weight was up to 168. How is your weight now?
I am already at 147. I am so motivated for this fight that Spinks will know who the real man is. I am going to bust him up real good. I am going to jump all over him. At the weigh-in I am going to tip the scale wearing a dress shirt with a tie and very nice slacks. (Laughs)

How does it feel having Rigoberto Garibaldi in your corner once again?
I have to say that it has been a blessing having Garibaldi around. He is a very motivational trainer that makes me work really hard and I would not have it any other way. I have worked on some old tricks that when Spinks feels my power he is simply going to go down.

How has it been working with Don King?
I would like to thank Don King because he has always been so generous to me and my family. I feel very proud to have a promoter of the magnitude of Don King he is the best promoter in the world hands down. I feel very proud of my team and a man couldn't ask for anything better.

Spinks says that he is lifting weights and that he is running a lot and that he knows that there is no way that you will be in the same shape that he will be in. What do you have to say about that?
All I have to say is that running will not do it. He better bring a bicycle to stay away from me. Instead of weights he should be doing push-ups because that is what he will be doing all night every time I hit him. The minute he stands in front of me he is going down. Even if he doesn't stand in front of me he is going down.

What advantages do you feel you have over Cory Spinks?
95% is in my favor. 5% is in his favor because all he can do is run. That is why I give him 5%. As soon as I hit him he will go down. He has never felt the pressure of a man. At least like my pressure, he has never felt anything like it. When I touch him you will see how he will fall.

Do you consider Spinks a good boxer?
Who? Spinks? No. I'm good, he is a little fa**ot. He doesn't know what is to be good. My wife hits harder than he does. Wait and see when he feels the power of "El Matador". I talk a lot, but I back it up. This clown thinks he can talk trash to the king of trash talking. He says that he is going in there and fight with me. Come on. Really. I am a super champion and he doesn't know what he has coming to him. I have the power to stop anyone who is in front of me. When he gets knocked out he will say, "It was a mistake taking on this fight, my life means too much for me".

What are your plans after this fight?
I would like to move up to 154 and have two more fights. I would like to face Shane Mosley who is a very respectful individual and I know he will fight me because he is one of those guys who steps up to any challenge. Once I beat Mosley I would also like to fight the pretty girl whose name is Oscar De La Hoya. He is a chicken-sh*t and he doesn't like for anyone to hit his little girly face. Every time I think about fighting De La Hoya I get a little tingling feeling in my stomach because I know that he will be an easy victory for me.

Who do you consider the top five Pound for Pound fighters today?
1. Ricardo Mayorga, 2. Ricardo Mayorga, 3. Ricardo Mayorga, 4. Ricardo Mayorga, 5. Ricardo Mayorga (laughs).

Do you have anything that you want say to your fans?
To all my fans, when it is my turn to fight do not walk away to get food or a drink because I don't plan on being there for a long time with this clown. This fight will not last long 2, 3, and maybe 4 rounds max. I thank you for all of your support and remember don't get up not even to go to the toilet.

Got this info from Fightnews.com if yall want to know more.

Sep 19, 2003
"Spinks says that he is lifting weights and that he is running a lot and that he knows that there is no way that you will be in the same shape that he will be in. What do you have to say about that?

All I have to say is that running will not do it. He better bring a bicycle to stay away from me. Instead of weights he should be doing push-ups because that is what he will be doing all night every time I hit him. The minute he stands in front of me he is going down. Even if he doesn't stand in front of me he is going down."

Now that's funny. Mayorga does have a big mouth but he does hit hard. But his wild swinging can only take him so far with experienced boxers. I want to see him get dropped just kuz I like to see a grown man eat his words.

B

Blackjack 1577

Realistically Mayorga will probably win, but I'm hopin Spinks can get a UD

May 19, 2002
Zab knocked the dude out in the first! His only loss was to the ex-russian citizen now australian livin dude with zab's belt. What's his name, dude has a pony tail? I would love to see a re-match.

LOL Mayorga got whooped on, I was hoping for him to win but dude couldn't do anythang, he should stop smokin and drankin so much.

I forget the names but one of the dude's got knocked the fuck out cuz he wasn't payin attention, they was in a tie up and he backed off cuz he thought the ref was gonna break it up but he didn't so the dude put his hands down and ate a left hook across his face.