Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
I've been a solid Kutt fan for a while. Would I have given Kutt the time of day if it weren't for Tech? Probably not. However, I still have all of Kutt's albums and his mixtape. I pre-order his stuff just as I would any other Strange release (except for GravePlott). Even though I don't like his stuff as much as Tech and Krizz's, I still bump me some Kutty. Anyways, it really struck a nerve when I heard "Something's Gotta Give" and "Calling My Name." I know this has been discussed somewhat, but once again, it really struck a nerve.

I'm all for being outspoken and speaking your mind, but this was ignorant to me. He signed up for this shit a long time ago. Even back then, when Tech wasn't near as popular as he is now, Kutt knew he would be taking a backseat to Tech. Back then he probably considered himself fortunate to get the opportunity, even if he would be shadowing another artist. But now that Strange has become way more popular, he feels that he should automatically be close to the top...when really he should be happy he is on a label that can now allow him to release an album sooner than every 4 years like it used to be.

Regardless, Kutt should know better than to say this because he knows Strange isn't Def Jam. You can't have a Jay-Z AND a Kanye on the same label, especially if it's an indie label and the main act isn't even getting the credit HE deserves. Tech is huge to me and many others, but he still obviously isn't HUGE!! Kutt should be happy to be given the opportunity he has been given and shut up. If I was Tech, I wouldn't have allowed him to release those tracks.

Kutt is acting like he's not getting paid. Last time I checked, Kutt still charges $1000 per verse. He also probably sells anywhere from 4 to 6 thousand albums per release. Plus, Strange does over 200 shows a year. So he's making more money than tons of other underground artists. He's probably pushing more units than BG Bulletwound, The Popper, and Paul Mussan combined. So I would think being in his current position sounds a lot better than being on his own in KC! A town where there's so much talent but little is acknowledged!

The dude needs to do a self-eval and know his role. "If fans don't buy my records, I'mma go back to hustling". Yeah right, that sounds like what Chamillionaire said a couple years back after Ultimate Victory. C'mon Kutt, seriously? You're gonna make more money hustlin' than on the road with Strange? OKAY! The dude's making money...and if he's not making enough, maybe it's because he's got 5 different kids with 5 different baby mamas. That child support tends to hurt the pockets a little.

Again, I'm a big Kutt fan and I have put up money out of my pockets throughout the years to go towards this man's music. So, I feel I can speak what's on my mind, just as he did. Sorry if you guys think I have sand in my vagina...but it is what it is! Good day!

Oct 17, 2006

i disagree!

everyone gets frustrated, everyone gets upset at their family (thanks lds), but they know they doing whats right for them.

I think putting tech on the track somethings gotta give was something important...it kind of showed that he (kutt) saw it from both sides...it also shows how great the record label is by allowing it to be put out (what would strange music be if they didnt allow their artists to do what they wanted to.....thats the reason strange was created, to put out the music that the artists wanted to put out)

now, while i was the other person who started a thread about Kutt leaving...mine was posed as questions on what others thought...i completely see where the thread starter is coming from and his ideas (and its good to share those ideas on a forum)...on the other hand though, if he isnt selling then what IS the problem? i mean something DOES have to change if he is making music and it isnt selling yet EVERYONE says they love his music.....

is it promo? is it stage time? is it that the label is focusing on 1 other artists a little more?
i can see where Kutt's frustration comes from.

i guess i made a long ass post just to say this

i see both sides....i love strange music and i think they are better with kutt, however, if kutt decides this isnt what he wants to do....who am i to say he is making a bad decision? i dont know all the facts and i dont know what goes on behind closed doors.

Feb 17, 2009
www.twitter.com
I know i've asked this before in a thread a long time ago, but doesn't Kutt make good money?

On Bianca's and Biatrice's hey says: "heard he just signed a big deal an estimated 5 or 6 mill/

Anyways I love Kutt. I don't think he has ANY intention on leaving. Why would he?
Him saying that stuff on a song is what making music and releasing it out to your fans is all about isn't it?

Jul 1, 2004
I know i've asked this before in a thread a long time ago, but doesn't Kutt make good money?

On Bianca's and Biatrice's hey says: "heard he just signed a big deal an estimated 5 or 6 mill/

Anyways I love Kutt. I don't think he has ANY intention on leaving. Why would he?
Him saying that stuff on a song is what making music and releasing it out to your fans is all about isn't it?
LOL @ Kutt makin 5-6 mil. I dont see that happenin.

May 29, 2009
I love Kutty. Fuck him if he leaves, stupid fuck. I've paid for his shit. wtf, do I goitta give the cash to his paws myself?? He thinks he's got it bad, Krizz doesnt sell SHIT. When you make Krizz money, then you can tear up.

Oct 17, 2006
Krizz doesn't sell shit.?

Kaliko has been pushed the last 2 years hard. he is in all tech's videos ( i know kutt is too). he got a bunch of new merch he is on his 3rd album in 3 years . we get alot more promo for Krizz then Kutt. god forbid he wants to express some feelings on a song.

He doesn't make shit off cd sales as it is and a big percentage of the people who "got his back" just download the album. his last album sold less then 5,000 i think. Krizz sold alot more then that.

to me this past year Kutt > Tech. Lyrically he has grow since his last album.

Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
now, while i was the other person who started a thread about Kutt leaving...
This ISN'T a thread about Kutt leaving. It's a thread discussing my disagreement with a couple of the songs off of Kutt's new album. I don't think Kutt is going anywhere whatsoever. If he does...that would be like one of us quiting our jobs before we found another one.

Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
Krizz doesn't sell shit.?

Kaliko has been pushed the last 2 years hard. he is in all tech's videos ( i know kutt is too). he got a bunch of new merch he is on his 3rd album in 3 years . we get alot more promo for Krizz then Kutt. god forbid he wants to express some feelings on a song.

He doesn't make shit off cd sales as it is and a big percentage of the people who "got his back" just download the album. his last album sold less then 5,000 i think. Krizz sold alot more then that.

to me this past year Kutt > Tech. Lyrically he has grow since his last album.
Compared to mainstream artists, 5000 obviously aint shit. But compared to these other hungry underground cats like myself, 5000 will put food on the table. Not to mention touring, merchandise, collabs, etc. I would love to have an album released on Strange and sell 5000 copies. They can even put TECH N9NE PRESENTS all over that badboy! Beats the hell outta selling cds out the back of your Geo.

Oct 17, 2006
Compared to mainstream artists, 5000 obviously aint shit. But compared to these other hungry underground cats like myself, 5000 will put food on the table. Not to mention touring, merchandise, collabs, etc. I would love to have an album released on Strange and sell 5000 copies. They can even put TECH N9NE PRESENTS all over that badboy! Beats the hell outta selling cds out the back of your Geo.

selling the cd yourself you get all the money. when you are on a label even if it is considered indie you have to pay percentages to people. you wont make as much as you think you are going it make. plus Kutt most likely doesn't make bank off of the tours and 2-3 shirts he has out.