Matisyahu - Youth [New Album Download]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 11, 2006
damn this shit creeped up on me, i dled this weeks ago but just lissened to the single. then i put the album on random/repeat while i was online and now im hooked on it

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Helll yeah both of em are, for sure. The studio album is kinda mediocre, dont bother with it. But Live At Stubbs, id give a solid 8, and Youth.. thats a solid ass 9 right there.. one of my favorite music cd's this year so far in ANY genre period. the guy has some outrageous skills on the mic, for a reggae artist his style is so lyrically superior to most of the artists of in class. Ill upload em both as soon as i get my computer back online, its been torn the hell up for a while and i need to get on that. Should be friday or saturday

but if you ever use torrents, both of em are posted up like crazy and that'd be a good option if you want em now. torrentspy.com is the place

Jan 11, 2006
^^ yeah thats wat i use on the regular, torrentspy. u not gonna be disspointed dubbc, and im one of those people who know that some musicians have better lyrics or a better message than others but rather lissen to the gimmick/corporate musicians just cuz its more catchy and appeals to me more so i thought i wouldnt listen to matisyahu that much

Dec 17, 2004
youth actually is my least favorite of matisyahus 3 cds though. dont get me wrong, i think the cd is dope as fuck. its been bumpin in my car nonstop for the past month, and so far its my favorite album of 06, but i just really liked live at stubbs and shake off the dust. live at stubbs just blew me away, and that shit was bumpin in my car for months straight. id try to listen to other shit cause i didnt wanna play it out, but within a few days i couldnt help it and would have to pop live at stubbs back in. i love shake off the dust too, the reason i like it better than youth is that it just has more of that raw hebrew/reggae (im not jewish by the way) sound to it, as opposed to youth where more of a pop type production went into its making. and also its the first cd i listened to of matisyahu so its all i had to listen to until live at stubbs came out. still though i really dig youth, track 4 - dispatch the troops - is my favorite. and i bet track 3 is gonna be the next single after the track youth. it just has that hit single sound to it

@psilo - do you live in san diego? i went to marley fest too. matisyahu was tight, but i heard that he commented that all the smoke in the arena disgusted him, either way his set was good. the other guy who impressed me was gentleman from germany, fools pretty dope too

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
carl winslow said:
@psilo - do you live in san diego? i went to marley fest too. matisyahu was tight, but i heard that he commented that all the smoke in the arena disgusted him, either way his set was good. the other guy who impressed me was gentleman from germany, fools pretty dope too

Your opinions are well said.. i can totally see that way. and I fully agree that Youth is the most 'modern/pop-ish' sounding album - I think he knew he was going mainstream, bigtime, so he had to adjust his sound to cater to that. Not that it makes it any worse in my eyes, but i do realize what you mean by Shake Off having much more of a traditional sound. thats no doubt. I didnt get into him until Live At Stubbs was released so maybe id have a different opinion if i was a long time fan.

Dispatch the Troops is my favorite too.. #4.. i swear when im bumping that in my car with the bass, and the chorus hits, that shit just makes your whole body bob and weave, thats some quality reggae sound right there.

yeah i live in San Diego, and the bob marley fest was cool. I forgot about Gentleman! you reminded me.. now im gonna go have to download his stuff.. that fool was sick

Jan 11, 2006
damn i didnt even know this was his 3rd album..whats that live at the stubbs? is it diff material or his material just performed live? ima have to check out those other cds..

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Its mostly new material that hadnt been heard before, but some of the songs were on Shake Off The Dust.. BUT.. theyre so different that you cant even tell theyre the same songs. He recorded it 100% differently (and better), more modern sounding. less traditional sounding, etc.

you better cop that for sure cause thats the one that made him big. Youth is just the follow-up that confirms hes sick as fuck.

Dec 17, 2004
Psilo707 said:
Dispatch the Troops is my favorite too.. #4.. i swear when im bumping that in my car with the bass, and the chorus hits, that shit just makes your whole body bob and weave, thats some quality reggae sound right there.

yeah i live in San Diego, and the bob marley fest was cool. I forgot about Gentleman! you reminded me.. now im gonna go have to download his stuff.. that fool was sick
right on. those dub tracks have that same affect on me. and about gentleman, i had class the day of marley fest so i left straight from state to the arena and made it just in time for his set... first thing i hear is that fool screaming SAN DIEGO!!!! and he kept doing it throughout his whole performance, so anytime i listen to him i cant help but keep screaming san diego with a raspy voice and jamaican accent