Mars Volta "Amputechture" Aug./Sept. Release Date

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
The new Mars Volta is going to be called Amputechture and the band says it will be released late Aug. or early-mid Sept. It's supposed to have a more De-Loused feel to it and less of the ambient/space feel that Frances the Mute had.

I personally can't wait for this album to drop. I'll post up some more news when I find it out.

Nuttkace

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Universal has confirmed that the release date is August 15, 2006. It was produced by Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and mixed by Rich Costey. The artwork will once again be created by Storm Thorgerson who also did the artwork on their two previous full length albums.

Tracklisting

1. Vicarious Atonement
2. Tetragrammation
3. Vermicide
4. Meccaamputechture
5. Asilos Magdalena
6. Viscera Eyes
7. Day of the Baphomets
8. El Ciervo Vulnerado

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Cover art:

Plus it has been confirmed that Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante will be featured as guest guitarist on Amputechture as he has been on their previous two albums.

That is all for now.

May 3, 2002
Nuttkase said:
Anyone who heard it what's your thoughts so far?
After a couple listens.. i gotta say im a little dissapointed. I know it has to grow on me more, but my thoughts so far was that this doesnt feel like a well thought out album. I mean i know they've been touring like crazy.. maybe thats why, but this album didnt grab me at all like Frances the Mute, or even Deloused. I think i need to listen to it a few more times.

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Its not nearly as good as Deloused

Its better than Frances though imo. There isnt as much ambient crap, though there are some very slow parts.

Im not digging the extremely slow spanish-based songs at all. I prefer "L'Via La Vasquez" from Frances which was the best song on the CD imo, fast paced and interesting. This one is boring.

You should download that single track I posted up if you want to know what most of the album is like. Its great.

Overall right now I dont know what to think but im not quite as hyped as i thought i would be after 2 listens through.