Mars Volta "Amputechture" Aug./Sept. Release Date

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Damn not what I wanted to hear. A couple of my friends downloaded it and really liked it a lot but they are Mexican and speak spanish so maybe they could feel the "extremely slow spanish-based songs" more then someone who doesn't speak spanish.

I don't know though...I still really liked Frances just not as much as De-Loused. I'm going to hold off on downloading (thanks though Psilo) and just wait until the album drops.

May 3, 2002
yeah, seems like everyone has different opinions of there album.. Frances the Mute is one of my all time favorite albums, ever.. i dont know what it is about it.. i guess i like it cuz its darker/Eerie sound, and it's like huge story put together and everything has so much meaning that most people don't even know about. De-loused took me a lil longer to get into, but i love that album too.. just not as much as Frances the Mute.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Ricky530Furl said:
i also uploaded it in Request thread go check it out
Good looking out Ricky. I'm trying to wait until the release date to listen to it when I buy it. But if I feel like caving in and downloading it it's good to know it's in the request thread lol.

Nuttkace

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Well I just heard "Viscera Eyes" on the radio and I was really digging it a lot. It sounds really different then anything they have done before.

I personally don't think they will ever top or even come close to what they did on De-loused. I'm not going to try to even expect them to. IMO De-loused is one of the best albums I have ever heard.

I agree with Psilo a lot of the time but I really liked Frances the Mute...so if he says this even better...then I'm happy.

I'm still waiting to swoop up the album but I downloaded the single to hold me over.

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
I liked Frances the Mute too, dont get me wrong. It wasnt a Deloused (which is one of my fave rock albums ever ive realized recently), but the individual songs were badass. I like each one of them in their own way, especially L'Via.. and the Widow was a great single. The only problem I ever had with the album was the amount of ambience.. I definitely do like some Ambient music (especially since i listen to electronic.), it has its time and place.. but the Frances stuff just dragged on too long at certain points to listen to it every time. Thats the only reason I would ever speak down on that album though, is because I had to fast forward through parts, wanting to get to the good "ROCK" sections.

This new album is growing on me definitely. Viscera Eyes is still my favorite.. but maybe.. im hoping the other songs will get better to my ears and boost this up to nearing the power of Deloused, or at least getting close.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
not feelin this album...just cant get into it. maybe it will grow on me. not one song i wanted to play again.