Marin County Gun Buyback

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ike Turner

CDCR_#k775281
Jul 17, 2011
South San Jose
pretty shit deal. you don't have to live in the county to surrender a gun, in case anyone was wondering. do they really have to call it "surrender"? it's not like i committed a fucking crime and now i give up. i'm just selling a firearm and being low balled by the cops is all.
Marin County to host gun buyback for 4 counties, including Contra Costa

Bay City News Service
Posted: 01/11/2013 07:27:04 AM PST
Updated: 01/11/2013 07:27:04 AM PST

Marin County is sponsoring a gun buyback program on Jan. 15 and Jan. 21 for residents of Marin, Sonoma, San Francisco and Contra Costa counties.

Individuals who surrender operable semi-automatic handguns or semi-automatic long guns will receive $200. Individuals surrendering any other operable firearm will get $100.

Documentation that shows the person turning in the gun is from one of the four counties will be required.

"This is a 'no questions asked' program; therefore, no police investigative report will be opened or generated," Marin County District Attorney Ed Berberian said.

The surrender locations on Jan. 15 include the police departments of Novato, San Rafael and Larkspur, the Point Reyes substation of the Marin County Sheriff's office, and St. Andrew's Church in Marin City. All locations will accept the guns between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m.

The surrender locations on Jan. 21 are the San Rafael and Mill Valley police departments between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m.

No ammunition should be in the guns that are brought to the surrender locations.

Marin County has contributed $10,000, the Marin Community Foundation is contributing $20,000 and community members have contributed $10,000 through the Marin County District Attorney's Office.

Berberian said Jan. 15 was selected as a buy back date because it is the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. who was fatally shot on April 4, 1968 in Memphis, Ten.

"The act of surrendering firearms would be consistent with Dr. King's teachings and be a galvanizing force for broad community action," Berberian said.

Copyright © 2013 by Bay City News, Inc. ... republication, re-transmission or reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Last edited:

Ike Turner

CDCR_#k775281
Jul 17, 2011
South San Jose
but after i surrender the right i still have the right so what's the point of making something simple look more complicated and confusing. nobody has a right to own a gun, it's privilege. well it depends on the persons rap sheet i guess.

Last edited:

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
nobody has a right to own a gun, it's privilege..
The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess and carry firearms.[1

Sorry breh, I am pretty sure the constitution says the RIGHT to bear arms.

Granted, the constitution don't mean a damn thing under the current & previous 4 regimes our country has "elected" or whatever the illusion is, but ya man, that shit is a fuckin right. they just wanna take our rights away.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Jesus, I know this is the sicc and all, but you're a fucking moron. Are you really unaware of the meaning of surrender as its being used in this context?

And apparently no one understands the purpose of these types of programs. It's not for purposeful gun owners. it's geared towards getting people who have guns laying around that they don't really want to get rid of them before they get stolen or lost or whatever. The fucking ignorance is thick around here these days.

Edit: just to be clear this was aimed at Ike turner, not Shea.

As to Shea's point, you forgot the first half of that amendment though. The whole 'well regulated militia' thing is absent from the vast majority of discussions about gun control and it really should be included.

Last edited:

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
As to Shea's point, you forgot the first half of that amendment though. The whole 'well regulated militia' thing is absent from the vast majority of discussions about gun control and it really should be included.
I gotcha, my only point to the homie Ike is that it is a right, not a privilege to bear arms.

Mar 21, 2007
www.myspace.com
The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess and carry firearms.[1

Sorry breh, I am pretty sure the constitution says the RIGHT to bear arms.

Granted, the constitution don't mean a damn thing under the current & previous 4 regimes our country has "elected" or whatever the illusion is, but ya man, that shit is a fuckin right. they just wanna take our rights away.

Mar 21, 2007
www.myspace.com
i keep dem chappaz I'm ignorant wit da tools look how i type that make me harda blawka blawka blawka nah but foreal i keep them thangs i will never part with them for no measly $200 you know how hard it is to come around these things? people think its easy nah its hella dry out here

Props: S.SAVAGE

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
i keep dem chappaz I'm ignorant wit da tools look how i type that make me harda blawka blawka blawka nah but foreal i keep them thangs i will never part with them for no measly $200 you know how hard it is to come around these things? people think its easy nah its hella dry out here
$HeEiT hOmIe$ yOuZ dA gAnG$tA!!!!