Maria released from WWE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 10, 2006

Maria Kanellis, who was released this afternoon by World Wrestling Entertainment, commented on her departure from the organization on her Twitter account. She wrote:
"Alright guys let's talk. I did not ask for my release. I was released. I am still going to kick ass in other areas!! I am excited about the future! But I am sad about never getting the Championship. I am sad about not getting the chance to go to Wrestlemania again. Passion is my Motivation! Time to Sing! Time to work for Charity! Time to Dance! Time to be Alive again! Much love to my FANS, my FAMILY, the DIVAS, and my FRIENDS! There is a bright new future when one door closes another opens! Bring on the Doors! Spanks and Kisses"

Oct 3, 2006
wow. wtf were they thinkin....must suck to know that while u were laid off or fired...a midget named hornswoggle is still gettin paid them benjamins

May 24, 2002
Helms and Burchill released also

WWE.com has announced that Shane "Hurricane" Helms and Paul Burchill have been released.

Shane Helms' most recent WWE run began back in 2008. Since then, he has served as both a backstage interviewer and wrestler and performed as both Shane Helms as well as The Hurricane. He was arrested along with Chris Jericho in late January for public intoxication and was part of the ECW brand when it folded earlier this month.

Paul Burchill had been with WWE since 2005 and was also part of the ECW brand before it folded. There was talk he'd be moving to RAW.

Both men were wished the best in all future endeavors.

In a few months Im sure they will be in TNA

May 24, 2002
You can add referee Scott Armstrong, son of legend Bob Armstrong, to that list as his release is also confirmed. A number of people in WWE are bummed about Armstrong being let go from the company because he was well liked by the wrestlers.

Jun 9, 2007
didnt Maria just win "Diva of the Year" or some shit? lol, wtf?

and Scott Armstrong? what the fuck could he have done to be released? fuck up a count? he was actually pretty solid the times they forced him into roles

Feb 8, 2003
We all knew Hurricane will be released for two reasons he was involved in that KY and basically took the blame for jericho and two he friends with matta hardy and shannon moore. I wouldnt be surprised if matt Hardy isnt released soon

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
this is a bummer, i guess it's time to go look at my playboy of her so glad i got to see those ASSets atleast...
haha
Maria's sexy and all but she was FAR from the best diva in-ring wise

Jan 18, 2006
honestly Maria annoyed me even though she looks good, she was better when she played the dumb bitch role. I think the only reason she won Diva of the year is cuz she posed for playboy and thats when the transformation happened.

May 24, 2002
We all knew Hurricane will be released for two reasons he was involved in that KY and basically took the blame for jericho and two he friends with matta hardy and shannon moore. I wouldnt be surprised if matt Hardy isnt released soon
TNA can get Jeff Hardy. If Matt gets fired WWE knows TNA is going to try to pick him up right away and if they have both Jeff and Matt TNA is going to pimp the shit out of having the Hardy Boys.

You probably wont see Matt fired just for that reason