MAN...........HITMAN FROM RBL KILLED

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
T

trueazn9

RIP HITMAN. THAT IS SAD NEWS LIKE THE COLUMBIA TRAGEDY. I
GOT HIS TAPE SOLO CREEP THAT WUZ DA FIRST BAY AREA RAP TAPE I BOUGHT.
GREAT ALBUM.

Jun 27, 2002
here it is ya'll

all i can say is damn
........2 tragedies in the same group...r.i.p

The Bay Area has boasted such pimps, players, and hustlers as Too Short, E-40, Hammer, and Digital Underground. These artists have shaped the nation's cultural landscape over the years, influencing styles, slang and attitudes. The Bay has trademarked a more jovial and playful vibe, but is by no means less intense than New York or Los Angeles. Bubbling beneath the surface are gifted lyricists and seasoned storytellers who champion the Bay Area underground.

The most noteworthy and well-loved is Ruthless By Law, better known amongst their following as RBL Posse. The 1992 debut of Black-C, and the late Mr. Cee gained them fans far beyond their turf of Harbor Road projects in San Francisco's Hunter's Point district. In 1997, they return with a vengeance on their Big Beat/Atlantic Records release, "An Eye For An Eye."

Black-C recalls first meeting his partner. "He came up to the studio and stayed for like two or three weeks. He was waiting to find somebody with some equipment 'cause he used to rap beating on the wall into a tape recorder. I had equipment but I didn't have nobody serious enough to motivate me to go to the studio. I used to just rap on a tape and send it out on the streets with my brother and sell it for five dollars a tape."

So the two went into the studio together for the first time and came out with the self-produced "Don't Give Me No Bammer," a song that would help pioneer hip-hop's hemp explosion. Independent distribution and tenuous promotion didn't stop kids throughout the West and Midwest from singing, "We don't smoke that shit in the S.F.C." while their cars banged out the beats to the group's first bona fide hit. "We were just clowning, and it happened to be a hit." Without the intention of making money, Black-C and Mr. Cee ordered their first one thousand tapes simply to get their music out.

Since then, their success has increased two-fold, having built up a core following across the country on independent distribution and the strength of their music. Within the last five years, Ruthless By Law dropped "A Lesson To Be Learned" and "Ruthless By Law," both which sold over 200,000 each. Of his group's third album, "An Eye For An Eye," Black-C states, simply and confidently, "This album is the one."

Formerly a "soldier" for the Harbor Road gang, Black-C is now a full-time rapper, producer and label owner, but he hasn't exactly left his rough past behind him. Mister Cee was killed last year on the very block where the two first met - the same block Chris had defended with his life for so many years, even losing an eye to the cause. The incident turned out to be even closer to home, when Chris realized it was one of his own people who had murdered his partner. "Everybody started getting jealous 'cause we were making this money. All of a sudden, the animosity started within our own set."

To escape the cycle of violence, he moved across the Bay to Antioch. Although it was difficult to leave the block he and his people made, Black-C decided he would put his money towards keeping his family safe.

It was that positive mind-set that drove Black-C to continue with the work after his partner was killed. "I took it bad in the beginning," he admits. "But life moves on, and with all the negativity and evil around, you do what you can to add light."

For the rebirth, he enlisted a host of hot producers including Mike Mosely (E-40, 2Pac), Barr 9 (LV, Ahmad) and Rick-Rock (E-40, 2Pac, Richie Rich). Guest appearances from Richie Rich, MC Eiht, Tela, and Bo Rock (from the Dove Shack) also help to broaden the group's sound. He also tapped into the talent pool of his own Right Way Productions and brought in his protégé Hitman to support him on the mic. "He's been there since the end of the first album. We decided to debut him on our second album and ever since then he was part of the 'posse.'" In addition, his solo album debut was in September of 1995.

The posse also includes Right Way artist, N.O.H. (Niggas On High) and Herm Lewis, the O.G.-turned-rap-entrepreneur who is credited with uniting the Bay Area hip-hop community. Herm debuted with an inspirational speech on RBL's first album and has since brought rappers together on his "Trying to Survive in the Ghetto" compilations.

Understandably, "An Eye For An Eye" presents a much more mature RBL Posse than the first two albums. The new album presents the hardcore gangster energy of "A Lesson To Be Learned" and the laid back party vibe of "Ruthless By Law," and also adds some musical diversity and lyrical depth. The first single, "How We Comin,'" features Mystical and Big Lurch wreaking havoc over Rick-Rock's bounce-inducing track. On the inspirational "Gone Away" Black-C pays tribute to his late partner. Black-C explains, "I'm trying to come on a more positive level this time, not talking about a lot of nonsense. Just talking about what I've been feeling and what I've been going through these past two years. Them inner feelings really just came out on this album."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man found fatally shot in car in Bayview district

Chronicle Staff Report Monday, February 3, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 24-year-old San Francisco man was shot and killed Sunday while driving his car in the Bayview district, according to San Francisco police.

Police said Ricky Herd was driving through the intersection of Hudson Ave. and Whitney Young Circle when he was shot in the head around 5 p.m. Sunday.

Police initially thought Herd had been involved in an automobile accident after a passer-by flagged down a patrol officer and told him about a nearby car accident. When the officer arrived at the scene, he found a red Toyota that had sheered off a light pole and landed on a tree. Inside the car was what appeared to be an unconscious man. But when paramedics arrived, they discovered the man -- later identified as Herd -- had been shot in the head.

Investigators later found three gunshot casings in the intersection, said Lt. Mary Stasko. Herd was taken to San Francisco General, where he was pronounced dead.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
I am shocked!
I can't believe this shit is happenning again....

This one's hard to swallow, I can't believe this....

May God take him under his wing and comfort him and his family..............