Mac Minister To Release New Album

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

nofx

Sicc OG
Apr 14, 2005
Rap artist Mac Minister, who made headlines when he was featured on “America’s Most Wanted” following a homicide, is poised to release his new album ‘The Minister of Defense’ while still behind bars.

The project will be released on SMC Recordings/Fontana and features hip-hop and rap notables Snoop Dogg, Mac Dre, Bad Azz, Too $hort & B-Legit, as well as production by LT Hutton & Mannie Fresh.

Rapper Mac Minister, whose real name is Andre Dow, originally hails from the Bay Area and made a name for himself by giving "game sermon's" on albums by fellow hip-hop and rap artists E-40, Snoop Dogg, Yukmouth and the Cash Money Millionaires. He also appears on Snoop Dogg's upcoming album, Blue Carpet Treatment, alongside Young Jeezy & Nate Dogg.

Mac Minister is currently being held in Las Vegas and is getting ready to be tried for the 2005 murders of rapper Anthony "Fat Tone" Watkins, 24, and his friend Jermaine "Cowboy" Akins. According to police speculation, a long standing rivalry had been brewing between Mac Minister and Fat Tone after the death of Bay Area rapper, Andre "Mac Dre" Hicks, who was gunned down in Kansas City in 2004 after a dispute over a payment for a concert. While maintaining his innocence, this album, ‘The Minister of Defense’ marks an opportunity for Mac Minister to tell his side of the story and detail what led up to the incidents in question.

‘The Minister of Defense’ is an opportunity for listeners to hear about experiences that other rap artists boast of, while not having lived. Without glorifying violence, ‘The Minister of Defense’ is a way for people to understand what a life on the street entails, as well as the consequences that come with the lifestyle.

Ralph Tashijan, CEO of SMC Recordings says: "After my first meeting with Mac I was inspired. He has the charisma and the inspiration from above to take himself to the top and overcome any situation. Mac Minister is a powerful man, a strong guy and most importantly a gentleman."

The album is slated for an early fall 2006 release.

Jun 24, 2006
"a long standing rivalry had been brewing between Mac Minister and Fat Tone after the death of Bay Area rapper, Andre "Mac Dre" Hicks, who was gunned down in Kansas City in 2004 after a dispute over a payment for a concert."

over a fucking concert thats why mac dre died thats fucking retarted

May 9, 2002
M.dEEzEE_4-15 said:
yup, dat nigga was on some punk shit 4 dat, ya feel me? dat fat ass nigga deserved dat!!!! on mommaz mayn.........
YOu dont even know the whole story...so i suggest you shut your little kiddie ass up...

Yall cats still dont get it...dont speak on shit yall dont know shit about...i guess they aint teachin you punks street codes no more huh...

Jan 23, 2006
pill belamy said:
mac minister is a sav...that nigga shut down the whole source awards

mac dre did not die over a concert money dispute
YHEA HE SHUT DOWN THE SOURCE AWARDS WHILE HE WAS GETTING HIS ASS BEAT BY 40.

HE IS A SAV THOUGH.

Jun 18, 2006
Real Shit

i aint sayin shit cuz iono the whole story but if i knew someone who shot my homie down like that i would ride too.. on some real shit, killin a homie is like fuckin wit ur fams, u have to ride reguardless unless u a scaredy ass nigga then go to church (sNc)... ya feel me.. that fat fuck deserved that shit, and mac minister deserve our support cuz u never kno, he might use the money he make offa his album for his court fees.. real shit, sometimes u gotta think ahead but dont stray behind ya feel me...

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
Spoken like someone who doesn't have a clue what actually happened. That is pure speculation.

I am willin to bet $1,000 that if the truth ever does come out, Fat Tone DID NOT kill Mac Dre.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Da6Footah said:
Spoken like someone who doesn't have a clue what actually happened. That is pure speculation.

I am willin to bet $1,000 that if the truth ever does come out, Fat Tone DID NOT kill Mac Dre.
yeah but even if he did not pull the trigger, if he was involved in any way, then he deserved to die. its all speculation & we need concrete evidence!

May 29, 2006
nofx said:
Rap artist Mac Minister, who made headlines when he was featured on “America’s Most Wanted” following a homicide, is poised to release his new album ‘The Minister of Defense’ while still behind bars.

The project will be released on SMC Recordings/Fontana and features hip-hop and rap notables Snoop Dogg, Mac Dre, Bad Azz, Too $hort & B-Legit, as well as production by LT Hutton & Mannie Fresh.

Rapper Mac Minister, whose real name is Andre Dow, originally hails from the Bay Area and made a name for himself by giving "game sermon's" on albums by fellow hip-hop and rap artists E-40, Snoop Dogg, Yukmouth and the Cash Money Millionaires. He also appears on Snoop Dogg's upcoming album, Blue Carpet Treatment, alongside Young Jeezy & Nate Dogg.

Mac Minister is currently being held in Las Vegas and is getting ready to be tried for the 2005 murders of rapper Anthony "Fat Tone" Watkins, 24, and his friend Jermaine "Cowboy" Akins. According to police speculation, a long standing rivalry had been brewing between Mac Minister and Fat Tone after the death of Bay Area rapper, Andre "Mac Dre" Hicks, who was gunned down in Kansas City in 2004 after a dispute over a payment for a concert. While maintaining his innocence, this album, ‘The Minister of Defense’ marks an opportunity for Mac Minister to tell his side of the story and detail what led up to the incidents in question.

‘The Minister of Defense’ is an opportunity for listeners to hear about experiences that other rap artists boast of, while not having lived. Without glorifying violence, ‘The Minister of Defense’ is a way for people to understand what a life on the street entails, as well as the consequences that come with the lifestyle.

Ralph Tashijan, CEO of SMC Recordings says: "After my first meeting with Mac I was inspired. He has the charisma and the inspiration from above to take himself to the top and overcome any situation. Mac Minister is a powerful man, a strong guy and most importantly a gentleman."

The album is slated for an early fall 2006 release.

HE WAS ALSO A FEATURE ON LITTLE BRUCES GIVE IT TO ME BABY ALBUM

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
From the Bay To LA, From The Pineapple to the Big Apple, I goes hard on a bitch like the Mob does on a snitch.

I think I am gonna go throw that CD in right now!