MAC DRE IN MEMORIAM...ONE YEAR LATER...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
Poisonpen said:
How do u really know what was truley disrespectful to Dre, letalone his family. Why not remember Dre as a cat who kept it Treal to the Fullest and enjoyed life and was respected for being himself in any situation. How come his fans cant exuberate that same energy? He damned near birth a new generation of "Hyfee Niggas" so how do u really expect his offsprings to rejoice?

Man Im not even going into playing Dueling Banjos with you in terms of ties to Dre, So that long second paragrah holds zero weight. But let me apologize to the more civilized fans out there who look down up how we (Street/Hyfee/Black/Young Generation) Mourn.
this isn't about ties to Dre, or about you or I for that matter. You asked a question, and I answered it plus, I gave you some backround on how I came to my opinion, but you seemed to have dismissed it alltogether, and would rather argue your point.

I'm not condemning the whole HYPHY movement mane, I enjoy that shit, but c'mon, y'all know what's disrespectful and what's not, and my words are directed at those who acted an ass at the memorial events, and if that hits home with you, well...that just speaks for itself. Even if you weren't raised properly, common sense does exist in all of us, but most choose not to exercise it.

You trying to be the spokesperson for your "generation" is just as rediculous as you stickin' up for the people who disrespected Dre's FAMILY at the services....something Dre would not condone...

I can speak on this one first hand.....Dre's mother and brother were not happy with how things went down at the viewing or at the funeral.
As you can see, these are not only my thoughts, but that of many people, so I question your motive for indirectly calling us "uncivilized," just because our opinions differ from yours.

But let me apologize to the more civilized fans out there who look down up how we (Street/Hyfee/Black/Young Generation) Mourn.
ignorant statement from what prior to this post, seemed to be a semi-intelligent person.

why play the race card here mane? what inner issues are you workin' with?

people from all walks of life mourn the loss of Dre, not just you and your click.

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
I remember the day you strolled into Johnny Z's to lay down "Who's Down" with Oz. Fresh out of jail and ready to get back at it. Me being only 16 at the time, I was so enlightened to be your presence. With "Stay on my Toes" playing in the back of my brain, I leaned on the wall of booth to fire up a super B-legit( 2 elegantes), while you recored your vocals. "I'm in the game" I thought to myself as a young kid around "who" I felt was famous. After that you surfaced in my city, to build what would later become "your legacy", and often came by blow and chop it up. I feel like an ass losing the 2 CD's you gave me "Rapper Gone Bad" & the other one I can't remember the name... because I lost em unopened. I'd like to send my love and blessing to your family, and let you know I appreciated the times you laced me and answered questions I asked. Oh yeah... I still ain't smoking no damn "backwoods" either... I tried after you left, but I still can't stand them nasty ass shits.

"Thizz in Peace...... Gatorback Throat"

Props: siccmadesyko
Sep 24, 2004
this isn't about ties to Dre, or about you or I for that matter. You asked a question, and I answered it plus, I gave you some backround on how I came to my opinion, but you seemed to have dismissed it alltogether, and would rather argue your point.
U made this about you when u mentioned that you were "disturbed by the disrespect shown to his family." I also gave reasons why his fans act they way they do. I didnt know we were arguing but rather sharing 2 differnt view points.

I'm not condemning the whole HYPHY movement mane, I enjoy that shit, but c'mon, y'all know what's disrespectful and what's not, and my words are directed at those who acted an ass at the memorial events, and if that hits home with you, well...that just speaks for itself. Even if you weren't raised properly, common sense does exist in all of us, but most choose not to exercise it.
Well I continue to see those close to Dre "act an ass" as you would call it, at the Events held for Dre. Sideshows, cats on top of cars and niggas going ballistic is the way nigggas kick it. Is it wrong morally? who am I to say...

You trying to be the spokesperson for your "generation" is just as rediculous as you stickin' up for the people who disrespected Dre's FAMILY at the services....something Dre would not condone...
Nice attempt on being persuasive. There is no spokesperson for my generation because my generation has more than 1 voice. Besides whats wrong with thinking diffrently than your perspective? It's okay for you to speak up for others but I cant???

As you can see, these are not only my thoughts, but that of many people, so I question your motive for indirectly calling us "uncivilized," just because our opinions differ from yours.

ignorant statement from what prior to this post, seemed to be a semi-intelligent person.
You lost me with this....

why play the race card here mane? what inner issues are you workin' with?
When was the "race card" played??? did I also play the "Street Card",The Hyfee Card" and the "Young Generation Card"? You prolly just saw the word "Black" and the visoin of a Conspiracy En-raged nigga just popped in your head.

people from all walks of life mourn the loss of Dre, not just you and your click.
Medicine that you should drink. Those were my sentiments exactly...

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
When was the "race card" played??? did I also play the "Street Card",The Hyfee Card" and the "Young Generation Card"? You prolly just saw the word "Black" and the visoin of a Conspiracy En-raged nigga just popped in your head.
no. just didn't know what that statement had to do with the topic at hand.

Besides whats wrong with thinking diffrently than your perspective? It's okay for you to speak up for others but I cant???
I never tried to sway your opinions, but I did try to give you my perspective on this matter, and no, I never said that you weren't alowed to state your opinions....where do you get this stuff??

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
RIP to young macking ass dre! its was such a fucked up feeling when I coming to the realization that he alone got so many people pervin with his verbal spits from the original ybb hits all the way to his thizz or die slumpers before he got hit up by some kcmo hardheads with fullys. so when all the facts got thrown togethor I feel that og andre could of put out hella more super saucy slaps for at least one other generation of yay potnas. So with this in mind i think we all should all give thanks for being able to live just another day, whether we from the burbs or the jects.

and since I feel its a damn shame that this north bay general was taken out because of some krooked jelousy and blind animosity, i just want to hype up the commonly spread fact that since too many of us have fallen from some stupid gang banging or turf drama, that we the youth should really focus on some beneficial actions that really can help our own community. ya feel me?

Nov 1, 2005
damn i see this thread everyday since it started and i juss think how much Dre did and how much he pushed this movement...we all thizz face n dance stupid....that man was creative and even tho he was relatively old he still had a whole lot more to give...

Feb 28, 2005
We have made a WEEDstrain named ;
Genie Of The Lamp"
and it's now officially for sale at Homegrown Fantasy coffeeshop in Amsterdam.

I've played cd's (very loud) during the UK hempfair 2005 in London, and that was a weekend of Thizz, YBB, and Sick wid it...

Nov 5, 2004
Johnny Rap said:
We have made a WEEDstrain named ;
Genie Of The Lamp"
and it's now officially for sale at Homegrown Fantasy coffeeshop in Amsterdam.

I've played cd's (very loud) during the UK hempfair 2005 in London, and that was a weekend of Thizz, YBB, and Sick wid it...
Good shit man!

Another RIP to Mac Dre

May 30, 2005
All the Best wishes to the family of Andre Hicks ........Thizz in PEACE........Rest in PARADISE........ to The Greatest Rapper of all TIME.........

Aug 9, 2006
Southend_206 said:
YOU DAMN RIGHT, CATS IN SEATTLE LOVE THIS DUDE, I BEEN BANGIN HIS MUSIC SINCE I WAS IN KINDERGARTEN, I MET HIM A MONTH EXACTLY BEFORE HE PASSED WHEN HE PERFORMED UP HERE ON OCT 1ST AND HE WAS A COOL CAT, SMOKED WITH ME AND EVERYTHING. IT FUCKED ME UP WHEN I READ ON HERE THAT HE WAS GONE, AND ITS STILL LIKE THAT, RIP TO MY FOLKS MAC DRE.
a little late but i was just readin this and i was at that shot too that night and i got to smoke with him too that night it still trips me out but from the bay, WA to the bay, CA is nuttin but love cuz we got that I-5 connection. 1 love to da mac named dre

Feb 2, 2006
mac dre was a hard workin muthafucka
30 cds in less than 15 years
he was only 35 yrs old when he died
andre hicks coulda easily been in the game for 5 more years maybe more

Aug 7, 2006
Mac Dre and Dubee are the hardest rappers EVER!....Fuck all that EAST COAST shit like G-Unit and shit.......It's THE CREST for life........But we all gettin hyphy here in UTAH!.....