MAC DRE IN MEMORIAM...ONE YEAR LATER...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
i can understand dana,..but i could not make it to the view,...and just to let you know,...geting that was heathly for me,...i feel better about him now,...like i said....the van was not a good taste in my mouth,....thanks to dude that provided the pic,...hit me on pm any one if you would like it,....

*rubbing dana's back*

Dec 17, 2002
www.dopecutproductions.com
DRE ONE IF NOT THE BIGGEST INFLUENCE IN BAY MUSIC WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN HIS MAC DRE YOUNG BLACK BROTHA EP WAS MY FIRST RECORD I EVER BOUGHT AND I WAS RIDIN WITH HIM TILL THE END WITH OUT EVEN KNOWING HIM HE WILL BE MISSED R.I.P FROM THE DOPE CUT FAMILY ONE LUV MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Apr 24, 2005
I POSTED THE FUNERAL PIC.

I was feeling Dre just like EVERYONE else. I would never put up anything I thought would be disrepectful. The last image of him should not have been that bullet riddled van. If everyone who wants him to "Romp In Peace" or "Thizz In Peace" can't handle ACTUALLY seeing him REST IN PEACE, they have no idea what PEACE is. Just know that I'll bump Mac Dre until the wheels fall off and the pic was posted to help bring some closure to those who only saw the vehicle in which he was killed.

If it offended any of you....MY BAD(truly and sincerely) those that posted there disagreement with the pic have ALL been PM'd. And hopefully they UNDERSTAND where I was comin' from.

But, UNDERSTAND that disrespect wasn't the INTENT.

Stay up y'all,

Sarge

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
*BLESSED IS HE WHO EXPECTS NOTHING, FOR HE SHAL NEVER BE DISAPPOINTED ]](Dre was a very humble man who had no problems with others and loved by many)[/[/COLOR]I]

*ANGLES CAN FLY BECAUSE THEY TAKE THEMSELVES LIGHTLY [I](a Angle he is)[/I]

*Time makes you laugh after weeping

FONKY CHICKEN

"CUDDY CHICKEN"​

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
Thanks for the apology....I can't handle seein that picture...its already engraved in my brain from seein it first hand...I kinda freak out when people post it...its all good!!

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
Da6Footah said:
THANK YOU SOAK!! PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE HERE KNOWS HOW I FEEL ABOUT THAT PICTURE! IF YOU HAVE IT, AND WANNA TAKE IT OUT AND LOOK IT AT, THEN SO BE IT, BUT RESPECT THOSE OF US WHO ACTUALLY KNEW DRE AND DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT EVER AGAIN.
I feel you DANA...I was behind this "lady" at Dre's viewing, who took (no shittin' you) 2 CAMERAS worth of of photos of Dre in his casket...me and the rest of the rellies were like....WTF!! Some people just don't get it...

To so many of us, Dre lives on, so to see him in that state, is DISTURBING, because it's not how we want to see him...he is/was a legend, a friend, and a blueprint on how cats in the game should conduct themselves in and outta the streets....God Bless your soul and your family Dre.

Much love from Sacramento mane, we love and miss you.

Props: siccmadesyko
Sep 24, 2004
BETO916 said:
I feel you DANA...I was behind this "lady" at Dre's viewing, who took (no shittin' you) 2 CAMERAS worth of of photos of Dre in his casket...me and the rest of the rellies were like....WTF!! Some people just don't get it...

To so many of us, Dre lives on, so to see him in that state, is DISTURBING, because it's not how we want to see him...
I often wonder why folks go to the viewing if they cant handle seeing a dead body? Folks dont want to be reminded that he's dead but continue to listen to his music and make various Thizz related Threads. I understand that we all take "Home Comings" differently but I dont understand the logic u cats use.

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
in defence of bet and dana

some can and some cant,...it's in they heart to show the respect,...but as it hits,....it hits hard for them,....me,....when my uncle passed,.......i was not afraid to put my hand on his as i gave my last words to him,....i always at lease touch the casket and think of the good times or ,....it's a sign of afection to me,....but if it was like dre's,...where they had to secure it or glass it off,...i would just blow a kiss or make a gustre of praying for them,...but that's just me,....

some of you may already think i'm nuts,...but this is sprital for me,....

Sep 24, 2004
I feel u man. I didnt want to throw a blanket indictment and say black folks celebrate death diffrently but I've been to over 50 funerals and we do it to the fullest when we celebrate "home comings". From taking pics to shutting down the block and kicking it, we do it like its really a PARTY.

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
Poisonpen said:
I often wonder why folks go to the viewing if they cant handle seeing a dead body? Folks dont want to be reminded that he's dead but continue to listen to his music and make various Thizz related Threads. I understand that we all take "Home Comings" differently but I dont understand the logic u cats use.
thanks pokey...I got this...

It's not seeing the dead body that disturbed me mane, it's the disrespect to Dre and his family when people are at his viewing actin' a fool. When that person was taking all of those snapshots of Dre in his coffin, a member of Dre's family got visably upset at her for doing this, and asked her to stop, but the "fan" told her to mind her business, these photo's are going on her wall, and she wasn't going to stop until her 2 cameras were full.....why?

Why remember Dre like that? I agree we all have our ways of dealing with loss, but damn...

When Furl was promoting his "Rapper Gone Bad" album, he slid thru this club in Sac that I was spinnin' at, and as timing will have it, he entered the place when "California Livin'" was playing in the club. The place went nuts, and he shot directly to the DJ booth. This cat was a true professional. He thanked me for supporting his music, hit me upside the head with my first backwood, and gave my some records to spin, and a few copies of his album. For the last 45 minutes of the night we just chilled in the booth, and played selections from his new album for the rest of the club to hear, and of course the people went WILD!! Dre took note of the songs that the people were feelin', and the ones they weren't, and relayed that to his staff that came with him...very smart. Anyways, I said that to say this....Dre was/is my dude, and losing him was REAL fucked up, and as you can see by the thousands of people on the siccness who still talk about him daily, miss him tremendously. It was real close to being his time to shine on a major level and take over the game, but God had bigger plans for the man. So forgive us, but understand that to some of us, Dre was more than someone who rapped...he was/is a trendetter, motivator, friend, father, and son, and when someone of that stature and caliber passes, you feel the loss...tremendously.

God Bless the Dead

peace

Props: siccmadesyko
Sep 24, 2004
thanks pokey...I got this...

It's not seeing the dead body that disturbed me mane, it's the disrespect to Dre and his family when people are at his viewing actin' a fool. When that person was taking all of those snapshots of Dre in his coffin, a member of Dre's family got visably upset at her for doing this, and asked her to stop, but the "fan" told her to mind her business, these photo's are going on her wall, and she wasn't going to stop until her 2 cameras were full.....why?

Why remember Dre like that? I agree we all have our ways of dealing with loss, but damn...

How do u really know what was truley disrespectful to Dre, letalone his family. Why not remember Dre as a cat who kept it Treal to the Fullest and enjoyed life and was respected for being himself in any situation. How come his fans cant exuberate that same energy? He damned near birth a new generation of "Hyfee Niggas" so how do u really expect his offsprings to rejoice?

Man Im not even going into playing Dueling Banjos with you in terms of ties to Dre, So that long second paragrah holds zero weight. But let me apologize to the more civilized fans out there who look down up how we (Street/Hyfee/Black/Young Generation) Mourn.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
I can speak on this one first hand.....Dre's mother and brother were not happy with how things went down at the viewing or at the funeral.