Luni & I-Rocc - How The West Was Won

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Re: IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT GET IT

HOGGLIFE said:

BUT IMA GET MY BREAD REGARDLESS CUZ I GOT GAME
See,this is the attitude fans hate."Im gettin paid so fuck you if you like it or not!"What kinda shit is that???Thats the muthafuckin "JT Syndrome" right there,only given a fuck about the money,thats why the rap game has gone to shit in the last 7 years,everyone is tryin to be millionaires and not MC's.

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
40oz 2 Reality said:
Personally, I think this album is straight heat. As for the recycled tracks i like those songs. As for the song the life I lead, that song DESERVES to shine on more than one album. Would you rather have a C.D with 13 new songs or one that has 13 new 6 old. More for your $. No complaints here
I AGREE, ALL THESE CATS TALKIN SHIT WOULD HAVE STILL BOUGHT IT IPH IT WAS ONLY 13 TRACS ALL NEW, WITH NO COMPLAINTS OPH IT BEING ONLY 13 TRACS, THEY LOOKIN AT IT THE WRONG WAY...ABA

Apr 25, 2002
SF
Tenkamenin said:
Imagine you're at a restaurant and you ordered some pasta, the waitor comes back with your food and says.....

"Heres your pasta you ordered but we saw that theres enough room on your plate for more food so we added some chicken from the last couple, and added some old asparagus from another couple, but trust me, the food is the bomb"
damn that shit is funny.....
its pretty much the same thing

but as long as the new tracks are bangin, I wont complain too much

May 9, 2002
I think the main Purpose of Compilations is careless Rappers wanting to make the Most Money they can while investing the Least Money and Time they have to and have a little Fun with some of their Homies in the Process

Im sure there's Compilations with more positive Intentions like those trying to Make a Name for a certain Label or Crew and what they have to offer

but from the few True ''Artist'' that's left in the Rap-Biz u can only witness and support their Artistic uniqueness and Love for the Music by buying SOLO ALBUMS

M.O.

But HoggLife mada a good pont tho...

Whats the Deal with Millions of People buying all these completely recycled Mainstream ''Hit''-compilations without Complaining???

If all these Buyers have enough Money to be Milked Like that then Milk Em for what it's worth

Jun 16, 2002
Re: Re: IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT GET IT

Jae-El said:

See,this is the attitude fans hate."Im gettin paid so fuck you if you like it or not!"What kinda shit is that???Thats the muthafuckin "JT Syndrome" right there,only given a fuck about the money,thats why the rap game has gone to shit in the last 7 years,everyone is tryin to be millionaires and not MC's.
For real cuz

Apr 25, 2002
M-PHIVE said:
I AGREE, ALL THESE CATS TALKIN SHIT WOULD HAVE STILL BOUGHT IT IPH IT WAS ONLY 13 TRACS ALL NEW, WITH NO COMPLAINTS OPH IT BEING ONLY 13 TRACS, THEY LOOKIN AT IT THE WRONG WAY...ABA
First of all, listeners expressing their opinions and complaints isn't "TALKIN SHIT". Secondly, I don't give a fuck how you try to, you can not justify recycling. There is NO valid excuse for it. When people buy a cd, they expect new music, how the fuck do you think that is "LOOKIN AT IT THE WRONG WAY?" You got that backwards, you're the one looking at it the wrong way.

That's neat-o that there are 13 new songs. But it's a 19 track cd, there should be 19 new songs. One of the biggest complaints about bay area rap is all the recycling. Why do you think people arn't putting "13 NEW SONGS, 6 OLD SONGS" on their album covers? How about "19 TRACKS, 13 NEW SONGS & 6 I DIDN'T FEEL GOT ENOUGH EXPOSURE".

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and mine isn't going to change. If I buy a 19 piece chicken dinner and 6 of those pieces are already chewed, fuck no you can't justify that. I could care less if 13 are fresh and new. I EXPECT all 19 to be.

I don't respect and won't respect recycling. If you want to sell old music then make a 'greatest hits' album (even though I doubt that title would be appropriate). Whatever you do, just don't try to sell me your recycled bullshit under a new name.

thc

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
SaVelli said:
Whats the Deal with Millions of People buying all these completely recycled Mainstream ''Hit''-compilations without Complaining???

If all these Buyers have enough Money to be Milked Like that then Milk Em for what it's worth
Dogg those are POP compilations. They cater to the teenage CD-burning "hey I don't have to burn 17 different songs from 17 different albums" crowd. As for your last comment, 1st off ALMOST all these rap compilations around here don't even make a dent in sale totals to hit that bigger market. 2nd what kind of attitude is that towards your fans??? Milk 'em out of their money??? I don't think you'd gain many fans going that way.

May 21, 2002
hogglife916.com
Re: Re: IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT GET IT

Jae-El said:

FIRST OF ALL I NEVER SAID FUCK ANYONE . DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST ?? I JUST SAID IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT BUY IT , ITS THAT SIMPLE . LUNI & I-ROCC AINT GOT NOTHIN TO DO WITH WHAT I ADDED BUT I HELL YEAH THERE TRYIN TO BE MILLIONARES AND SO AM I AND SO SHOULD YOU . WITH OR WITHOUT MUSIC IMA GET PAID THATS WHAT I MEANT BY GAME HOMIE . I BEEN HAVING MY CHIPS STACKED UP LIKE PRINGLES WHAAAA

Apr 25, 2002
i've given this a few more listens and i have to say that most of the new tracks are bangin - i'd say there are only about 1-2 that i'm not feeling...i dont regret my puchase regardless of the recycles because the tightness of the new tracks somewhat makes up for them.

Sneak

Sicc OG
May 11, 2002
I got this CD personally Id give it like a 6 outta 10. Im not really feelin it, the only killa tay song is fucked up especially if you got subs. It sounds like a straight 40 hertz tone with them rappin shit is unlistenable.

Apr 25, 2002
what are you talkin bout... that track hellbound is a knock for sure. i just wish it was luni, tay capone and jt switching up verses... too many people on one track. let the real stars shine...

May 3, 2002
Damn... someone needs to make a "rules and regulations" book for the Bay Area rap game. George Bush could release a "rap" album and fans would definetely allow it. The more you purchase shit like this, the more it will go on. Faulty people like this shouldn't be allowed in the game in the first place.

May 21, 2002
hogglife916.com
UNREGISTERED

Unregistered said:
Damn... someone needs to make a "rules and regulations" book for the Bay Area rap game. George Bush could release a "rap" album and fans would definetely allow it. The more you purchase shit like this, the more it will go on. Faulty people like this shouldn't be allowed in the game in the first place.
QUIT FUCKIN HATIN YOU JUST POSTIN TO POST AND YOU STILL DONT FIT IN SQUARE

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
Now a days a compilation is all about flexing your muscles, to see who can get who on their comp, the easiest way possible. I-Rocc and Luni did this for the paper and practice.