LOOKING FOR ARTIST INTERESTED IN OPENING FOR ANDRE NICKATINA IN SPOKANE WA

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Da Gu

Sicc OG
Apr 10, 2006
@ D yea shit was wiggity wiggity wack when we went, said our shorts and shirts wur too long. oh well.

still aint heard nothing back yet either but i havent even seen any info on when the show will be and venue? never been to a nickatina show out there so if he packs it, it's still a good idea to pay for a ticket and grind some discs.

Aug 4, 2002
www.soundclick.com
@ GU - i see nickatina twice a year, every year.. hes my favorite artist.. you would not regret the shit

@ DLEE - yeah thats bullshit.. too bad too.. how we gonna build our network, when they out here rapin the cats that tryna make it happen..

@ Localstar.. i believe u too dog, fuckin bullshit

Oct 22, 2009
Whoa!!!!!!! I been on both sides of this fence. I understand if no one wants to pay. Money is tight for alot of people & probably the promoter too. Furthermore, the "RAP INDUSTRY" was NEVER about just the music! It's always been bout the money, hence the word industry. It's a business. Business is money or some form of wealth.
Why do you think promoters pay Big name acts? Because they have a following that will come and in turn pay to see those acts getting them there money back and hopefully a profit. Those promoters not only work for FREE for 6-12 wks promoting this event but must also fund it.
So as a promoter, why do I want to be kind to anyone if they have no fan base, no hustle and probably not even a CD to sell, to do a show. Especially if they too much of a star to go out there and promote themselves and the show? I'm just saying! Too many wanna be up and coming rappers want the fame but don't wanna work for it. Too many rappers think they made it once you get on a bill with a big name. Get the fuck out of here! You fuccin up the game! It's cuz of mothafuccas like you (no fan, no hustle havin rappers) that promoters are extra tight. Cuz you want your name on the bill, won't pass out a flyer, won't tell noone bout your performance, too good to sell a ticket, want to show up late, try to get a whole football team in for free, try to rap longer than your set time, and then hang out in the VIP doing nothing and swearing how you made it while you ride the headliners nuts and watch them breathe or irritate them.
Now all you rappers complaining about a promoter trying to give you an opportunity, look in the mirror and ask yourself, how many fans will get up and come to your show in your hometown? Now how many of them is gonna come out to a show 20 minutes out from the town? And how many gonna come see you twice in a month?
95% of you rappers, cant say more than 5-10 people and still be telling the truth. So if I spend 7 raccs to bring someone out, your lil $100-$200 doesn't cut it for me making my money bacc.
Point blank, as a promoter I'm not investing in someone who won't invest in themself.
NOW ON THE FLIPSIDE
A promoter should always give you a chance to make your money bacc. Both Melissa and I both try to help the artist even make some extra money when we do shows. It's simple, if you take care of me, and I take care of you bacc, why would you stop looking out for me? You wouldn't unless you scandless.
If you are paying for a show, that promoter should have a background. Who wants to pay several hundred to get on a show with only 75 ppl in the bldg? Noone. So the promoter should have a name for throwing great shows and the headliner should have or had a huge buzz at sometime in there career.
So in a sense, RAPPERS if you can't look in the mirror and say do I have 50 followers that would pay $20 to come see me open for a pretty nice headliner, your next question should be, "How can I get 50 people to make sure they come to every show and pay to see me?" Working on this question can never steer you wrong.
I guarantee you one thing, if you had 50 followers, you would never complain about payin to play. Becuz you would always make money! I'm done preaching. Don't say I don't care for yall. Always opening eyes

Apr 7, 2004
Whoa!!!!!!! I been on both sides of this fence. I understand if no one wants to pay. Money is tight for alot of people & probably the promoter too. Furthermore, the "RAP INDUSTRY" was NEVER about just the music! It's always been bout the money, hence the word industry. It's a business. Business is money or some form of wealth.
Why do you think promoters pay Big name acts? Because they have a following that will come and in turn pay to see those acts getting them there money back and hopefully a profit. Those promoters not only work for FREE for 6-12 wks promoting this event but must also fund it.
So as a promoter, why do I want to be kind to anyone if they have no fan base, no hustle and probably not even a CD to sell, to do a show. Especially if they too much of a star to go out there and promote themselves and the show? I'm just saying! Too many wanna be up and coming rappers want the fame but don't wanna work for it. Too many rappers think they made it once you get on a bill with a big name. Get the fuck out of here! You fuccin up the game! It's cuz of mothafuccas like you (no fan, no hustle havin rappers) that promoters are extra tight. Cuz you want your name on the bill, won't pass out a flyer, won't tell noone bout your performance, too good to sell a ticket, want to show up late, try to get a whole football team in for free, try to rap longer than your set time, and then hang out in the VIP doing nothing and swearing how you made it while you ride the headliners nuts and watch them breathe or irritate them.
Now all you rappers complaining about a promoter trying to give you an opportunity, look in the mirror and ask yourself, how many fans will get up and come to your show in your hometown? Now how many of them is gonna come out to a show 20 minutes out from the town? And how many gonna come see you twice in a month?
95% of you rappers, cant say more than 5-10 people and still be telling the truth. So if I spend 7 raccs to bring someone out, your lil $100-$200 doesn't cut it for me making my money bacc.
Point blank, as a promoter I'm not investing in someone who won't invest in themself.
NOW ON THE FLIPSIDE
A promoter should always give you a chance to make your money bacc. Both Melissa and I both try to help the artist even make some extra money when we do shows. It's simple, if you take care of me, and I take care of you bacc, why would you stop looking out for me? You wouldn't unless you scandless.
If you are paying for a show, that promoter should have a background. Who wants to pay several hundred to get on a show with only 75 ppl in the bldg? Noone. So the promoter should have a name for throwing great shows and the headliner should have or had a huge buzz at sometime in there career.
So in a sense, RAPPERS if you can't look in the mirror and say do I have 50 followers that would pay $20 to come see me open for a pretty nice headliner, your next question should be, "How can I get 50 people to make sure they come to every show and pay to see me?" Working on this question can never steer you wrong.
I guarantee you one thing, if you had 50 followers, you would never complain about payin to play. Becuz you would always make money! I'm done preaching. Don't say I don't care for yall. Always opening eyes
THAT 100% BRO... I LIKE HOW YOU AND OLD GIRL GIVE PEOPLE THE CHANCE TO MAKE THEY MONEY BACK CAUSE BASICALLY YOU CAN MAKE IT ALL BACK IF YOU HOPE YO ASS OUT THERE AND PROMOTE AND SALE THEM TICKETS LIKE YOU SUPPOSED TO. NOW CHARGING SOMEBODY A FLATE FEE TO PERFORM WITH NO RETURN WHAT SO EVER ISN'T COO. I GOT A POTNA OUT THIS WAY THAT PAYS THIS PROMOTER LIKE A 100 TO PERFORM BUT HE BRINGS A CROWD OF 50-60 PEOPLE WITH HIM THAT PAY EVERY TIME. AND THEY NEVER GIVE DUDE HIS 100 BACK LIKE WTF HE JUST MADE YALL MORE THEN WHAT HE PAID TO PERFORM. ONLY REASON I NEVER CASHED OUT THE 300 WAS CAUSE THERE WAS NO LANE TO MAKE MONEY BACK. THATS JUST NOT A GOOD INVESTMENT TO ME CAUSE I HAVE NO PROBLEM HOPING OUT AND BEATING THE STREETS TRYING TO MAKE MY MONEY BACK OF TICKET SALES.

Apr 7, 2004
ON ANOTHER NOTE THERES A LOT OF CATS THAT FUCKED IT UP FOR UP AND COMING ARTIST. YOU KNOW ONCE A PROMOTER GETS FUCKED OVER SO MANY TIMES BY ARTIST. THE SITUATION BECOMES FUCK YOU PAY ME...

Aug 4, 2002
www.soundclick.com
@DOG.. i feel u dog, i feel i been pullin mines pretty swell.. i got people comin to see me every week, and i be having the biggest crowd in the venue.. but like you said, if you dont even have the opportunity to make anything back, wtf do i look like? bringin all my people to your show and you just taking us for suckers..

i got a show this sunday in kent, HD Hotspurs.. got an opportunity to make percentage off the door, but i dont even care.. i just wanna get my name out there and reach more people. SO not to say i wouldnt invest in my future or this shit i take seriously.

i just dont wanna be gettin taken for a sucker..

Mar 17, 2009
www.smokebreakrecords.com
NOW ON THE FLIPSIDE
i heard the fuck outta that!

Oct 22, 2009
@DOG.. i feel u dog, i feel i been pullin mines pretty swell.. i got people comin to see me every week, and i be having the biggest crowd in the venue.. but like you said, if you dont even have the opportunity to make anything back, wtf do i look like? bringin all my people to your show and you just taking us for suckers..

i got a show this sunday in kent, HD Hotspurs.. got an opportunity to make percentage off the door, but i dont even care.. i just wanna get my name out there and reach more people. SO not to say i wouldnt invest in my future or this shit i take seriously.

i just dont wanna be gettin taken for a sucker..
You don't have to explain my guy. Let your footwork do the talking. I see you out there. And I understand you completely

kos

Sicc OG
Sep 16, 2002
WOW...DIDNT PEEP ALL THE CONVO ON THIS THREAD...TO THOSE WHO HAVE HIT ME UP I WILL BE RETURNING YOUR EMAILS TONIGHT...PREFERABLY WE ARE LOOKING FOR ARTIST WHO ARE IN THE CITY OF SPOKANE OR CLOSE....

[email protected] IS MY EMAIL ADDY...THANKS FOR THE INTEREST...

Aug 5, 2004
www.myspace.com
I agree with everything D.O.G but I have to add this.

Promoters need to be up front with it so promoters don't waste their time and the artist time, if money is going to be involve just be up front with it.

Why submit music, if it's not going to be the deal breaker for your decision?

Your going to ask for money at the end of the convo.

I've open up for major artist with no money down cuz I had a good connect and I have also paid to open cuz I thought it would be beneficial to be exposed to that certain audience.

So its not going to hurt you if you say

$750 to open up for this artist hit me up if your interested.

At that same time you might not say the price up front cuz you want to see who is willing to pay the most to be on the show.

Which also fucks up the game..IMO

Its should be a combination of good music and bizz that makes your decision.

If a shitty artist is willing to pay more than the good one and you take the shitty artist then your fucking up the game.