long post but its real shit if you got a sec. i got a question...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 5, 2007
man gangsta gold and dank city have put out the illest shit ive heard from sd for the last couple years. they got the cleanest and most interesting low budget videos, pick cool ass beats to bust on, got character, cool graphics when they drop shit, be pushin they shit like a mugg, and spit about real shit. although a lot of the folks on here give honest opinions, i know theres also a few who like to just talk shit for fun. and im easily annoyed. thats why i dont come on here much anymore. but i would really like to hear an answer to the the question... if they dont at least blow up local... whats the fuckin problem out here? even though mitchy will always have heat, is there not enough room in the city for niggaz to have a couple more stars? and even mitchy should be a household name nationwide by now. i mean shit... jayo aint puttin shit out. criccets shit is dope as hell. yall say you love g shit. why he aint livin in a nice little house paid for off rap music? maybe he is, shit i dont know him. im just confused by the sd rap scene. and the point im tryna make is, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. so maybe... if the sd rap scene is just broke down and unfixable, the talented niggaz from sd who aint completely gave up on making it should try going somewhere else to get some attention. or something. shit.. i aint seen ONE person from sd make it big (in rap). part of the problem could be that theres no power movers in sd. i mean on the executive tip. all the check writers are in la. oh, irocc. just seen him at the tech n9ne show a couple weeks back. hes been out here hustlin the right way for a long time too. man im tellin u, i think this much hustle and talent in a different city would have produced much more results by now. the white boy obnoxious who won the bet freestlye shit... didnt do shit for him? nobody waste your time sayin anything negative to this one cuz i dont give a shit. im just speakin for the niggaz out here that really want it bad and do what it takes to get it but cant never get close to the dream. as for me personally?? 10+ years of doin it? and i cant pay no bills off of it?? yea... im out. lol... im 28 now goin on 29 in a couple months and i aint fenna be no 30 year old rapper with no fans. i mean i got some fans but not enough for me to call this rap shit business. i need money. i mean fa sho money. mo money. lol.. i'll always do some music from time to time when i feel like it. shit, i just did a song a couple days ago i thought it came out cool. but im on this clothing thing now. and lemme tell u hustle minded brothas reading this. ive made more money in my first 4 months doing it than probably my whole 10+ years of rappin. real shit. we're in like 10 different malls already and im hittin up 500 new stores next week. and it just goes to show that your hustle might be right but maybe theres one missing piece? shit if its your dream and you believe in it, please pursue it till u cant do it. im not mad at all that i didnt get nowhere. i enjoyed every minute of it. shit, for all i know, i could suck at rappin and niggaz just been nice to me all these years! lol.. so yea.. why aint gangsta gold, irocc, criccet, treali duce, ecay uno, the one nigga cant remember his name he had that album from the concrete to wall street he was dope..., damu (goodness that man been rappin for years), black mikey... shit nigga! mary jane junkies, or at least 12 gage, NONE of these niggaz gettin millions from rap?!!! come on man... somethin aint right. contraband, my nigga baby g man from up here, my nigga fa sheez from up here, qwiccshott from up here, licwit, man dang... theres a lot. and theres even niggaz that do pop shit, and my lil young buddies that do that solja boy type shit.... whats the problem SD?

so what you gonna do now? go right back to doin the same ol shit? 2010, 2011, 2012....

Dec 5, 2007
oh! my nigga johaz and them. no dis bro but cant remember the name of the group right now. but man them dudes have done 1000 shows, got a dope ass sound and a dope as image. what the fuck?

Feb 7, 2006
lol, you coulda edited the first post raine. I guess it's a combination of shit. Pure gangsta west coast shit won't make millions this day and age, SD don't got what LA got in terms of execs like you said, the black community in SD aint big enough? Other then that I don't know, it's the internet age Wiz Khalifa from Pittsburgh, not even Philly, and he blowin up he 22 I think and he been doing this shit since he was 16. Rap aint the same no more you gotta grind and hustle make yourself noticeable at the right times to the right people. It's entertainment shit's fickle.

And truthfully no one from the west is doing it cept for the lil jerk niggaz and Tyga, without the help of DRE, and SNOOP. WHo's semi-new from the west who's really known nationwide 'cept game?

Aug 9, 2002
oh the juiced up thumbs down niggaz, sideways i think? i seen the video of ol boy hangin with suge knight. man they was makin noise for a minute out here too....
Them sidewayz niggas still doin they thang. They just hustlin how they get it and they been doin hella shows in dago and travelin outta town a lot. Beta Boss just dropped 2 mixtapes on one release date. They just workin like errybody else

Feb 21, 2009
I feel u on a lot of what u said... I believe their isn't really too much money to be made in music... its an illusion... everyone claims to be making money they aint making... they build there name & the name is worth money not the music... thats why all the big rappers start doing other shit like clothing brands, & colognes & shit like that... and a lot of the "big" rappers be living in worse houses than regular people... all the energy & time I've spent on music I could've been a Doctor or some shit.... but I got addicted to this rap shit & I haven't gotten a real career... I've done other shit & I make real good money just using 5% of the energy that I put to rap but this rap shit always calls me back & I can't concentrate on other shit... Its a fuckin addiction I try to quit but I can't ... I'm not even close to your level Raine So I can't imagine how it feels for you... I feel you on the thing reaching 30 & still rapping... I'll be 25 next year...its getting to the point that its sort of embarrassing... I see old friends, people I used to go to school with and I talk to them they are married, have careers, stable life then they ask me what I do.... shiiit I don't even want to answer them... But like I said I'm addicted to this rap shit, I might suck or whatever but I'm addicted to it... Rap ruined my life haha ... but I am going to do something else before I get too old so I can provide a future & example for my daughter & try to kick back on this rap shit a lil bit, try to do it sort of as a hobby

Plus people don't buy music no more, & I can't hate on that cuz I rarely buy music anymore...

Dec 5, 2007
@RAINE
the dude u talkin about that dropped From Concrete to Wallstreet is the homie Cyco City aka Knok City.
yea yea cyc.... man them niggaz came to my house one time like 30 deep before a show they had out here. we both drive hummers but his is clean. i aint washed my shit all year. lol... his shit is dope. i just wish there was one dude that could crack the code to make it all make sense out here.

Dec 5, 2007
I feel you on the thing reaching 30 & still rapping... I'll be 25 next year...
and man most the dudes makin it these days are like 18. im not sayin it cant work. shit a 30 year old dude could still bubble if his image sound and story is right. if its marketed right and to the right audience. i just dont know why it aint happened for nobody in sd. this rap scene gotta be 20 years old by now

Apr 8, 2010
www.myspace.com
damn i started readin this shit and it was kinda interestin at first but then it got hella negative real fast..man...if ur not doing anything with ur music thats shit is on u..maybe nobody in daygo realizes how mucH MONEY EFFORT TIME AND GRIND u have to put in...alotta rappers out here are in the same lane or got the same aim its like niggas ar afraid to be unique! then u got ppl who think wont fuck wit u unless u fuk wit this person or that person..at the end it come s down to how much money u got to spend..real talk..theres cali cats that are 20-25 blowin up like fashawn nipsey jay rock and that dude ya boy..daygo niggas are too stubborn to aknowledge every nigga that rap therefor we are stuck!!!the only way to make outa daygo is to get outta daygo..

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
man gangsta gold and dank city have put out the illest shit ive heard from sd for the last couple years. they got the cleanest and most interesting low budget videos, pick cool ass beats to bust on, got character, cool graphics when they drop shit, be pushin they shit like a mugg, and spit about real shit. although a lot of the folks on here give honest opinions, i know theres also a few who like to just talk shit for fun. and im easily annoyed. thats why i dont come on here much anymore. but i would really like to hear an answer to the the question... if they dont at least blow up local... whats the fuckin problem out here? even though mitchy will always have heat, is there not enough room in the city for niggaz to have a couple more stars? and even mitchy should be a household name nationwide by now. i mean shit... jayo aint puttin shit out. criccets shit is dope as hell. yall say you love g shit. why he aint livin in a nice little house paid for off rap music? maybe he is, shit i dont know him. im just confused by the sd rap scene. and the point im tryna make is, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. so maybe... if the sd rap scene is just broke down and unfixable, the talented niggaz from sd who aint completely gave up on making it should try going somewhere else to get some attention. or something. shit.. i aint seen ONE person from sd make it big (in rap). part of the problem could be that theres no power movers in sd. i mean on the executive tip. all the check writers are in la. oh, irocc. just seen him at the tech n9ne show a couple weeks back. hes been out here hustlin the right way for a long time too. man im tellin u, i think this much hustle and talent in a different city would have produced much more results by now. the white boy obnoxious who won the bet freestlye shit... didnt do shit for him? nobody waste your time sayin anything negative to this one cuz i dont give a shit. im just speakin for the niggaz out here that really want it bad and do what it takes to get it but cant never get close to the dream. as for me personally?? 10+ years of doin it? and i cant pay no bills off of it?? yea... im out. lol... im 28 now goin on 29 in a couple months and i aint fenna be no 30 year old rapper with no fans. i mean i got some fans but not enough for me to call this rap shit business. i need money. i mean fa sho money. mo money. lol.. i'll always do some music from time to time when i feel like it. shit, i just did a song a couple days ago i thought it came out cool. but im on this clothing thing now. and lemme tell u hustle minded brothas reading this. ive made more money in my first 4 months doing it than probably my whole 10+ years of rappin. real shit. we're in like 10 different malls already and im hittin up 500 new stores next week. and it just goes to show that your hustle might be right but maybe theres one missing piece? shit if its your dream and you believe in it, please pursue it till u cant do it. im not mad at all that i didnt get nowhere. i enjoyed every minute of it. shit, for all i know, i could suck at rappin and niggaz just been nice to me all these years! lol.. so yea.. why aint gangsta gold, irocc, criccet, treali duce, ecay uno, the one nigga cant remember his name he had that album from the concrete to wall street he was dope..., damu (goodness that man been rappin for years), black mikey... shit nigga! mary jane junkies, or at least 12 gage, NONE of these niggaz gettin millions from rap?!!! come on man... somethin aint right. contraband, my nigga baby g man from up here, my nigga fa sheez from up here, qwiccshott from up here, licwit, man dang... theres a lot. and theres even niggaz that do pop shit, and my lil young buddies that do that solja boy type shit.... whats the problem SD?

so what you gonna do now? go right back to doin the same ol shit? 2010, 2011, 2012....

lol jokes

Dec 24, 2003
You mentioned Tech Nine..That brotha has been at it for a min.. and is now really reaping the benefits of bein an independent hustler. Dude has an ill show, a wide fan base and couple of tour busses to get him to and fro. Show money is no joke. My opinion is if you don't have a show that you can take on the road. What is the point.

On Another note why doesnt anybody play an instrument anymore. Like our folkks did. They all wanted to be in Earth Wind & Fire or Kool & the Gang. Our generation is tryin to be rappers or rap label owners. Wheres the funk. Wheres the Soul! .Niggas started Rock N Roll. Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix and others paved the way. Rolling Stones, the Beatles The Who they all borrowed from Black Music and made it big.

And Imagine if you were the sole rap band for niggas in the town on some Roots shit. Id pay to see a show like that. Wouldn't even ask to be put on the guest list.

Dec 5, 2007
damn i started readin this shit and it was kinda interestin at first but then it got hella negative real fast..man...if ur not doing anything with ur music thats shit is on u..maybe nobody in daygo realizes how mucH MONEY EFFORT TIME AND GRIND u have to put in...alotta rappers out here are in the same lane or got the same aim its like niggas ar afraid to be unique! then u got ppl who think wont fuck wit u unless u fuk wit this person or that person..at the end it come s down to how much money u got to spend..real talk..theres cali cats that are 20-25 blowin up like fashawn nipsey jay rock and that dude ya boy..daygo niggas are too stubborn to aknowledge every nigga that rap therefor we are stuck!!!the only way to make outa daygo is to get outta daygo..
i feel u about the money but at the same time i disagree with the rest of your comment. i think when things dont work out we've been continuously looking inward like WE gotta make better music WE gotta accept other cities artists WE gotta spend more money. all these things are necessary but bro... WE have DONE all that shit. WEEEEE dont HAAAAVE no KEEEY PLAYERRRSSS in san DIEGOOOOOO. WE gotta get the fuck outa here. sd is a tourist town and nobody that can really help u get to the next level ever pulls thru here unless they got a show that night or a bitch in the city. it aint supposed to take u no 15 years of rappin to get on or else all these dudes like ya boy and fashawn and nipsey would be 30 before they got where they are right now. its about the music, the marketing, and the relationships. thats it. and timing. timing meaning what youre doing being relevant to todays club and radio djs. look at jayo.... got a deal in new york. look at mitchy... hooked up with jinx and then hooked up with xzibit and then hooked up with muggs and i think talib kweli too right??... shit aint no coincidence. so for all the niggaz thats so concerned with networking out here... thats good too, but dont forget... theres a whole other world out there. and la aint nothin but gas and highway.

edit: and get yourself a hit single and push that shit. nobody cares about ur fuckin album until u reel them in with that one song. then, they wanna hear everything u did since you were 4 years old with a my first sony microphone. but until then, todays fan aint got the patience to hear 19 tracks from somebody they dont even know if they like yet. push the single. perform the single. hand out the single. single single single. fuck it if you know more than me... u should be paid then. cuz i feel like ive been around enough of this shit to know what im talking about.

another edit: im only really listening to the niggaz that DO music on this post. cuz the rest of you may not really understand the inside of the grind like that. you cant coach the team if you never played the game.

Jul 10, 2007
www.facebook.com
Dig This...

I been doin this shit since I was 14. I started my label @ 19. I started it down south producing other artist and sellin they shit. In that time i felt like you Raine. I moved back to Daygo (home) @ 24 and dropped One Hundred Percent Hustle. I sold over 10,000+ of them muthafuckas no bullshit. It all comes down to hustle. I dont work no 9 to 5. Yeah, I send on a few bitches but I really eat off my musik...

Movin units in Daygo is quite a task, no lie. But you KAN make a koo living if ya business is tight. I moved units downtown on weekends, Fam Mart daily, on the Trolly, Del Mar Fair, gas stations, etc averaging at least 80 a day. Then i got smart, I headed OT movin units in AZ, LA, and Vegas. This shit is very possible.

The deciding factor is WHY you are doing it. Me personally, I kould give a fuck less about fame. I do this for the MONEY and I'm not baller rich but I don't need a day job and if I took one, it would be a pay kut! It feels great paying bills off something I love doing! I dont give a fuck who aint heard of me, I can pay my bills, and do other shit off my musik!!! Not to brag, but I done gave many nighas my formula, (Fore) and can really get it.

It also goes back to what Junk said, nobody even playing instruments anymore (I'm learning guitar and use it in my production) and what Fore said, Nighas is following weak ass trends. Half the bullshit komin out nobody wanna listen too!!!

As far as San Diego rappers. Our time is komin, we just gotta stay down to kome up, and get a buzz OUTSIDE city limits. Daygo is a melting pot of talent and like the South it is going to take ALL of us working together to blow the city up. Look @ Houston, New Orleans, LA, The Bay... What added to the success of that was everyone pulling each other up. Daygo got the krab in bucket syndrome when we need to be pushin each other up.....

THINK LIKE A BUSINESSMAN AND NOT A RAPPER

Feb 7, 2006
You mentioned Tech Nine..That brotha has been at it for a min.. and is now really reaping the benefits of bein an independent hustler. Dude has an ill show, a wide fan base and couple of tour busses to get him to and fro. Show money is no joke. My opinion is if you don't have a show that you can take on the road. What is the point.

On Another note why doesnt anybody play an instrument anymore. Like our folkks did. They all wanted to be in Earth Wind & Fire or Kool & the Gang. Our generation is tryin to be rappers or rap label owners. Wheres the funk. Wheres the Soul! .Niggas started Rock N Roll. Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix and others paved the way. Rolling Stones, the Beatles The Who they all borrowed from Black Music and made it big.

And Imagine if you were the sole rap band for niggas in the town on some Roots shit. Id pay to see a show like that. Wouldn't even ask to be put on the guest list.

hell yeah you know the roots is makin a couple mill of that jimmy fallon or whoever it is late night show gig.